Hobgoblin Anguish Lord

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Kioske, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Kioske Well-Known Member

Is it too much to ask that if you change a strat on a raid boss that you add it to the patch notes?

Why are we changing things in game like strats without putting them in patch notes? Is there a way we can coordinate this better?
    Daalilama likes this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

What changed?
  3. Kioske Well-Known Member

We got blown up for killing him while someone was in the cage. We've killed him 100 times and I couldn't tell you how many times we've killed him with someone in the cage. Similar to the Botanist, where now you are required to at least kill 3 mushrooms or blow up. These types of strat changes don't make the game fun, not sure why they are ever implemented.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Ugh. Thanks for the heads up.
  5. Jrox Well-Known Member

Also have to kill the Ghosts again in Vaedenmore to kill her. Can't burn her down anymore either.
  6. Kioske Well-Known Member

Ugh, between Anaheed and Raenha, this zone is the absolute worst.
  7. Kioske Well-Known Member

Daybreak, why do you hate us?
  8. Jrox Well-Known Member

Hobgoblin Anguish Lord is not an issue, the cage blows up in a couple of seconds as long as everyone takes care of business. And Anaheed the Dream Keeper, the ghosts are OK and not really that bad of a time crunch as it's an OK mechanic for a script. But the Raenha fight with the goblins is a definite snore fest. It wouldn't be so bad if you could only kill her while no hobgoblins were up, forcing you to kill them when they popped, but having to kill them the way we do right now is ridiculous. I literally /facepalm every time I have to kill this POS!

I actually feel like at this point Vhaksiz is the easiest of the four fights now lol.
  9. Gninja Developer

It was not mentioned in the patch notes because killing those bosses in less than 10sec was technically an exploit. Sorry, but you actually have to fight them now.

I will take a look at Rhaena and see if there is a little wiggle room in the script to make it less annoying.

Having said that lets please keep our cool in the thread or it will be locked. I understand you don't like things changed, especially if they make things more difficult, but these issues were way over the top and needed adjusted. Calling it out in the patch notes would have drawn more attention to it before the patch actually applied. Sorry!
    Feylone likes this.
  10. Uncle Active Member

im sry but i dont aagree with jrox about the dream keeper please adjust it to say every ten percent or so wopuld make my raid force happy
  11. Beee Well-Known Member

This is not an exploid, just using regular ascension abilities
  12. Gninja Developer

I said considered an exploit. No one is getting punished for it is what I mean. Killing a boss in one shot regardless if it was just with in game abilities or not, should be considered unintended. Using 13 brigands to kill a boss instantly was using player abilities too but yup, still an exploit :)
  13. Kioske Well-Known Member

Strats that require 90% of people not pushing buttons for 12 minutes, something should be done about that. It's quite literally a fight where everyone but the MT healer and the person killing the skeletons/ghosts goes afk.

I think with the stat inflation we have found ourselves at an standoff; you either build up all encounters to combat the fact that the top 10 guilds do so much DPS they kill stuff in 30 seconds or less and you make the encounters near impossible for mid range guilds... or you concede that some encounters 6 months into an expac are trivial and just let those guilds burn the boss in 15 seconds. With stat inflation, the skill of the top 10 guilds, the lower population especially in the raiding community, the DPS difference between the top 10 guilds and 11-20 guilds is double, and in some cases triple. I think this is something we need to take into account, Gninja, moving forward. Building strats to be an annoyance isn't really where we are headed, are we?

I do understand that building your raid force around 12 of the same class to bypass a strat should be considered an exploit and the fight should be adjusted accordingly, but doing too much DPS and bypassing the strat is a whole different story. These fights in these zones have literally become "Turn on auto attack, target through the main assist, go make yourself a sandwhich and we draw straws to see who the 'chump' who has to be main assist is." Unless you are a healer or the MT.

FYI, making us take the long road with these strats doesn't make things any more difficult, it makes it boring and time consuming.
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

Healers just have to set up a dunking bird on their group heal and they can go fold laundry with the dps ;)
    Kioske likes this.
  15. Kioske Well-Known Member

And keep in mind, Gninja, I'm not trying to be salty or argue anything here. I'm trying to come up with some constructive criticism concerning raid encounters.
  16. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

SUPER FAKE UNOFFICIAL UPDATED UPDATE:
    __
    Kunark Ascending: [Raid Zones]
    • Some raid boss encounters were audited and their difficulties have been adjusted accordingly.
    __
    fify
    @OP - you had to know it was going to get addressed.
  17. Kioske Well-Known Member

One thing I don't understand about this reply, why would it matter if attention was drawn to it before the patch applied? I feel like that's the point of the patch notes, to let us know what is being changed or added. That was my understanding on why the patch notes even exist, to keep us informed. If your intent was to change the encounters to make us "actually have to fight them now" then that's fine, and you build the encounters so we will obviously fight whatever you put into the game, but to hide it from the patch notes is annoying. When we go into an encounter that we have been killing a certain way for 4+ months and suddenly everything changes (especially when it's 3 encounters in the same zone on the same night) it would just be nice to have a heads up so we can adjust accordingly.
    Daalilama likes this.
  18. Gninja Developer

3 encounters in the same zone?
    Zeddicious likes this.
  19. Malleria Well-Known Member

Or add to the patch notes after the servers have gone down. Been done many times before.
  20. Kioske Well-Known Member

Sorry, two encounters were changed. The third was never changed but is just long and drawn out and boring.
    Lil Mantis likes this.