Shainara the Prestigious

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Kaarkula, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Konc3pt Active Member

inb4 the delevel doesn't even matter, like gozak back in the day
  2. Kabbe Member

Personaly I be content with Ascension scrolls reducing research time.
    Example:
    1 scroll base 12 h.
    Ascension classess done
    1: 24h
    2: 36h
    3: 48h
    4: 60h
    Feeling of extra progress makes me happy :)
    Even thou think they would implement it so you get the reduction when you claim scrolls so when you get 6 at the time people be spending DBC to not lose any progress when they get 6 scrolls at the same time.
  3. Earar Well-Known Member

the way the game has always been is .. the higher the tier, the rarer the item.

I totally agree that M and GM should be rare and maybe only exclusive raid drops, or now Expert zones drops

but for journeyman and adept, at least the drop rate shouldn't be THAT low. your first real gate should be expert, not before.
    Snikkety likes this.
  4. Konc3pt Active Member

i mean you don't need the delevel currently to complete any scripts
  5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Perhaps not, but the differences between hitting a red mob, and an orange mob are pretty large.

Feel free to prove me wrong though and kill it with no Glacial Freeze debuffs :D
  6. Kaarkula Active Member

[IMG]
  7. Gninja Developer

I made a change for next week (April 11th) so the message she gives before her percentage check is a little more clear about what you need to do. It doesn't exactly spell it out but it should be easier to figure out. This change was applied to any encounter that uses the same concept.
    DoomDrake and Nixer like this.
  8. Veta Well-Known Member

Do you have any data on this? If so, could you post them? It is has been a while since we pulled her without delevels, maybe February or longer ago. I do not want to search through all my logs for that if you have something more recent.

Some things I did notice is, while orange she tends to still resist a decent amount of abilities/attacks. So I tested accuracy/strikethrough setups for my pet to see if it would hit more often, which changed nothing. I also bought resistitibility purple adornments. I noticed that each resistibility adornment gave my abilities an extra additive 10% on the tooltip (whereas the purple adornment says 12%) making me assume it is multiplying by the base. After the third adornment I started receiving either a diminishing return, a soft, or a hard cap, only gaining 4% on the tooltip (I didn't try anymore after that). Anyway, that didn't help with anything either. My resist rate stayed relatively the same across multiple pulls - 95% +/- 2% (I looked over 10 pulls each for with/without and used around the same pull times). This leads me to believe that her innate buff package for resists are a lot higher than a normal mobs, which is why she takes less magical damage (or physical isn't as heavily double typed by combat mit), has a set resist rate (not even sure if that is possible, but throwing it out there), or the magical skill requirement is not being adjusted as she is being deleveled (since the skills also determine hit rate or mine is too low since not all jewelry has wep/mag/def skills on them).
  9. Kaarkula Active Member

Only have pulled it a couple times... but was pretty glaringly obvious that you could make a dent in it when it was orange but not red..

Gninja has already pretty much admitted that it's on the edge of impossible without the de-level.
  10. Gninja Developer

Glacial Freeze is getting a bit of love this coming update. I think you'll all like the changes.
  11. Kaarkula Active Member

sounds good!
  12. Kioske Well-Known Member

Thank you for being very responsive in these forums, Gninja. I speak for myself, and I'm sure a lot of the player base, when I say that it is very much appreciated. Senpai notices you ;) hahaha
    Nixer and HaphazardAllure like this.