A wizard's perspective...

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Daray, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Kioske Well-Known Member

And the worst part is, the further along it goes without being fixed, the worse it will get. The more potency the other classes get, even if you match them, the further the divide becomes. I'm with you, the more I practice and work on my toon the less I want to play because of the zero benefits.
    Whiomaju, Livx and Mizgamer62 like this.
  2. Yards Well-Known Member

I use to be able to force myself to log in occasionally. I am struggling to even do that now. I can say with 100% certainty if the game was released the way it is now it would have never made it past a second expansion and the developer's fail to see how close the player base is to completely falling apart.
    Whiomaju, Kioske and Mizgamer62 like this.
  3. Konc3pt Active Member

how can they be thinking about next expansion when they haven't even finished Kunark Ascending's beta?
    Tigerr, Snikkety, Kioske and 4 others like this.
  4. Zelox Active Member

LOL
    Mizgamer62 and Livx like this.
  5. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Well I been told by someone (not pointing fingers at ...) way back in middle of ToT time that if you not happy with your current class go play x-pack flavor which will bring you a lot more fun and satisfaction (which I did and so many of my fellow warlocks). I guess I can same now... You not happy with one class get another. So once Ascend restriction will be lifted even more I will go and play conjuror so I will have full deck of card in case of nerf bat swing over BL (lesson never put all egges in 1 basket)
  6. Zelox Active Member

well im gonna play a conj so guarenteed to get nerfed
    Livx and DoomDrake like this.
  7. Uyaem Member

My main gripe is: Feedback is rarely received.
    • Threads (not complaints) on the forums get you banned
    • Bugtracker simply gets ignored. I'm not talking about someone actually fixing something, but at least acknowledging or categorizing bugs every 6 weeks is not too much to ask.
    • You gotta catch a dev on Discord - which is much appreciated but they're understaffed, overworked, and shouldn't be "first level support" or, in our case, "the only way to get heard"
    • Naturally, if lots of people use that channel, it is more difficult than it should be to get heard
    Here's a few awful truths. When reading them, keep in mind that I'm not angry, I'm just sad.
    • Class balance happens with your wallet first, and only second with the effort you put into your toon. High end mobs are beaten with dps and certain debuffs, which you cannot have possibly acquired by today, without pressing the triple-up arrow in your research window.
    • Ascension classes originally excited me, but they were the biggest detriment to balancing since the Guard/Fury/Troub groups with 100% avoidance.
    • Because of real money involved, it is not viable to just scap the system or give it a major rework.
    • Alts are dead due to mundane time sinks. Worse since the nerf to ANY contested XP. UWOTM8?
    • T1/T2 raids are a place holder at best because the loot isn't worth it, not even for resolve since Expert Heroics. Exceptions prove the rule.
    • Ah man the list continues. And I refuse to hate on the people who actually respond to your inquiries, because they are most likely not the responsible for the conundrum for which you're raising awareness (Defiler wards & bleedthrough, anyone?), yet they take the time to deal with your ****** mood... :/
    Krafty, Mizgamer62, Meneltel and 5 others like this.
  8. Indy Member

Besides the nerfs to FB and Fusion's non epic 2.0 component, wizards have three damage type specific damage boosts in their AA, two are fire based and are up 100% of the time, they don't work with ANY ascension (elementalist 1/5/10 is ice, not elemental).. this results in ALL fire based spells base damage being cut by 20%. (Don't get me started on having Ro as your deity.) The only one that may work is resist break if you're elementalist, which is a proc for 1% to ele damage, and is only up about 16 seconds a minute. So yeah, this is why Wizzy's are having problems with class specific dps.
  9. Yards Well-Known Member

Daray did you get fiery blast fixed for me yet?