1. firecracker Member

I've recently returned to the game after a hefty hiatus (haven't played seriously since DoV). I'm playing a Fury, and a Necro when I get bored. Both characters have their epic 1.0's and KA timelines done. I'm still working out how the ascension stuff works so for now they are both level 1.

I have, thanks to an extremely kind and generous person on my server, a full set of bloody tooth gear on both characters so I haven't had much difficulty in doing solo things. I have just enough resolve to be able to do T1 heroics but getting a group to do any of this is just not happening for me.

I tried doing a group with my guild, but they are all similarly geared and we didn't have the dps, even on a T1 heroic.

Not really sure what to do from here.. I don't know how else to gear up to get a better attempt at heroics.

I've been slowly plugging away at crafting over the last week so I can also do the crafting timeline, but it's sapping my will to live. I do a few PQ's a day but have yet to get anything other than merc gear from those.

Any thoughts, suggestions? Thank you.
  2. Enoibia Well-Known Member

Welcome back! I can't offer any help and advice as I am far from end game myself. Hopefully, someone more helpful will come along soon.
  3. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

Gear from Solo, and more so from Advanced Solo dungeons should get you geared to start heroics. Public Quests can also drop very nice upgrades. Make sure you buy your upgraded weapon from the vendor in Nye'Cylona (assuming you fully finished the KA timeline. You'll get a mail letting you know you can buy it).

Also, the cloak from the crafting timeline is very good.
    Moorefallen and Enoibia like this.
  4. Conifur Well-Known Member

What server are you on?

Do the public quest in Fens, JW, and KP in hopes you get the rare items from each.

Do key quest in OF. They are not hard and the chances for decent gear are there.

You need to do ToT to get a nice item once you complete 30 quests in OF, make sure you do that Sig Line - the item is a nice free upgrade.

If you have not done it do the Greenmist HQ. You get the weapon for doing the Sig Line but it won't proc unless you did the original. The proc helps a lot.

The TS Sig Line for the cloak is also the way to go.

Understand the game is no longer geared for plugging away, it is meant for you to use real money to buy your way up (either spell upgrades or buying from Selling Loot Rights). You can plug away but it will be frustrating and time consuming but IMHO worth it, that is the route I am taking.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

One of the big problems you're probably facing is that you need to get your deity points up. Open the EQ2 menu from the EQ2 button and choose the "Deity" option. From there, you want to start improving your Potency, Crit Bonus, and Stamina. You can only have 10 points to spend at any one time, so be sure to check and spend often.
    firecracker likes this.
  6. Steelviper Active Member

Basically to start seeing acceptable results in heroic zones, expect to have to gear up, and grind Tithe points until you have at least about 3k Crit Bonus, 15k Potency and 200k Ability Mod - Kunark Ascending is all about Potency now, and by doing the overland key quests regularly (6 hours reset time after successfully finishing one) you'll eventually be able to gather together some good armor pieces. Also be sure to prefer jewelry with at least 500-600 Potency to low-Potency ones.
    When you arrive at 20k Potency that's where your dps should be noticeably picking up, from which point you might feel like trying to attempt running a pick up heroic group and not being asked to leave / be replaced with someone else.

That should be both viable for a Fury and for a Necromancer.
    Mizgamer62, Jrox and Justaplayer like this.
  7. Raff Well-Known Member

Start your Epic 2.0 as soon as you can. There are some fine gear upgrades along the way. A lot of it is solo, but you'll need a heroic group to help out in this questline, occasionally. Some of the bosses & dungeons are tough (Nizara...ugh)

There are some faction grinds you'll need and you'll likely need to run almost the entire ToV questline.

As always, wiki is your friend.
  8. Jrox Well-Known Member

Ahhh, and isn't that the sad part. I am guilty of this. I don't want to do experts with someone I have to carry. Before it wasn't so bad in heroics to help people out. But experts are so difficult even with descent gear that you need everyone on their A game to get through with-out drop kicking a keyboard or playing pong on your monitor with your mouse.

Just saying... :confused:
  9. NyteRose Member

Welcome back to the game
    firecracker likes this.
  10. Moorefallen Active Member

For your Necro Also In Our Guild recruitment thread I do a good read once a week. I try to point new and returning players to the very areas you have & will have concerns about. Other wise if you are on my server feel free to send me tell with any questions or ask me here if your not on my server (HOF) I will be happy to assist you with any information I have. OH and WB BTW;)