Idea - lowering potency raises CB cap.

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Dragonsnacks, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Dragonsnacks Active Member

bear with me on this. I see a lot of 100pot high mit, block wdb items so that got me thinking, what if they changed it around a little and put low potency on mit gear but increase the crit bonus then gave tanks an AA something that would raise the CB cap the lower your potency is. Then they could move agro from potency to crit bonus or something.

Just an idea I was toying with.
  2. Vokan Well-Known Member

So tanks that already have high potency would be screwed?
  3. Dragonsnacks Active Member

It would be an either or thing, you could stick with high pot or go low pot high cb.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Unless crit bonus levels can get near as high as current potency levels, there would be no point. Also, what is the benefit?
  5. Tooloose Active Member

I wouldn't say this will never happen, but it won't be soon if it does. They already put a cap on crit bonus while pot remained uncapped. Which means why switch up what the mathematical focus is? Especially when they already have the data that they do on CB.

And superficially... Men like being really 'potent' if you get the 'jizt' of what I mean.
    Revanu likes this.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

The primary difference (but not only) is that crit bonus affects auto-attack and crit bonus doesn't. That is at least part of the reason crit bonus was capped in the first place.
  7. Scalo Active Member

Ogre, what you are asking is to dps/aggro like in full potency gear while being a turtle at the very same time. because some low-pot items have up to 30% mit increase or +240k hit points.
    man, why do you want to get rid of healers? ;-)
  8. Tooloose Active Member

I don't know why, but up until recently, tanks have been okay with their requirements. Now? It's like all the newcomers want to deal as much damage as the beastlords and conjurors because being able to balance stats, skill, combat arts, and gear is too much for a tank struggling to hold agro. Is the WoW community leaking into EQ2 again!?

Next thing you know groups will be composed of fighters only with a paladin and guard on standby.