Does it worth?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by DoomDrake, Mar 23, 2017.

1. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Yesterday I was fortunate enough to get new belt from experts (1,3K Pot) total gain of potency was like 2K (so I went from 20.5k to 22.5k) I did replace with this new belt my old 8 fervor. Did I done right thing (I gain also good deal of double cast as well)? I always thought 1 fervor about 100 pot (until up to 15k Pot) and more like 1 fervor 180 Pot (at 20k) - in any case I well over those marks
    Other thing currently I am running 2 relics - gloves (from inca key) and ring (from currency vendor) - I have amp of status and was thinking replacement for relic - buy wrist piece with 1.3k Pot (instead of my current 700Pot) and buy from same currency vendor 11 resolve gloves - it this worth a trouble?
    Lastly how useful nowadays eth rune of mastery (double cast proc) given fact I am running now at 75% Double Cast anyway? I was thinking to replacement that rune with rune from 3rd my set that add fire damage to tainted mutilation/ethimancy/stone protector - I guess my question how much damage comes nowadays from that mastery eth rune compare with possible gain that will add fire damage?
  2. Jrox Well-Known Member

I wish I had an answer for you.

I have been testing my 7 resolve 16 ferver belt \aITEM 2119261472 137483159:Tallon's Plated Girdle of Destruction\/a against \aITEM -1464996225 -878026927:Expert's Belt of Swirling Mist\/a 15 resolve 1.2K potency belt.

I am doing this simply because the resolve is a serious check for me right now pulling Expert raid mobs.

I am also flopping \aITEM 293822441 -1319323156:Goblin Bone Bracelet\/a 11 resolve 1k potency wrist against \aITEM 972235854 2045620272:Bracelet of the Hidden Sentinel\/a 17 resolve 838 potency

404 is the magic number solo and I can get there with the Expert Swirling Mist and Goblin Bracelet but 2 resolve short with fervor belt and Hidden Sentinal on. I go from roughly 24K potency with fervor belt and lose the two resolve or 27K potency and 1 over the resolve check... So if the fervor better than the potency increase when I'm short resolve. I think it is a 1% loss for every point under resolve. But is that fervor bump worth the loss or should I stay with the higher resolve and potency and give up 16 fervor.

I have been testing it but lack of lots of data is making it difficult as I only have a handful of good pulls on the same mob as you could understand with lockout timers and raid schedules.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  3. Lemilla Active Member

The relative increase in damage from potency and fervor is just a simple multiplication:
    (1 + potency/100) * (1 + fervor/100)

If you have 20k potency and 40 fervor, the damage multiplier from potency + fervor is (1+200)*(1+0.4)=281.4
    Add 2000 potency but remove 8 fervor you get (1+202)*(1+0.32)=268

Which means the fervor is better in that situation.
    DoomDrake and Prissetta like this.
  4. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Hmm interesting how this fluctuate with parameters
    but in your calculations there is a small error :D
    (1+200)*(1+0.46)=293.46
    (1+220)*(1+0.38)=304.98
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

There is one main reason for using this belt: too low resolve, and then it's much better even than the 16 fervor belt
  6. Beee Well-Known Member

Mastery rune makes 100 ability doublecast for one hit. Thats additional damage and adds to the 75 SDA (which should be 100% :)
  7. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Resolve aren't much an issue nowadays unless we are talking about "expert" raids in which case yeah..
    But doing "expert" zones and T3 "should" bring your resolve tad bit up scale
    I am running at 353 w/o any raid loot per se. swapping charm (after 89 or so runs I finally got it :D) give me +6, replacement of bracer from expert zone (shrouded temple) +8, getting "normal" chest give me another +5, swapping relics around (gloves out for regular 14 resolve and getting wrist piece from merchant) another +5 = 24 resolve giving total 377