Epic Assassination quest for Freeport timeline broken

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Instagib, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Instagib New Member

1. In Darklight Woods, click on a skull off the path near Smoldering Lake (-111, -53, -8)
    2. Speak to an elven spirit.
    3. Kill the elven spirit.
    4. Turn in completed quest.

I cannot figure out the first step of this quest. I can see the skull at the given location but cannot target it and can't figure out why. I relogged several times and deleted the quest (skull disappeared after quest deletion) and neither of those have worked. Alll the other quests thru the Freeport Timeline have been completed, too.

How do I target this skull so I can do my other quests for 2.0 epic weapon??
    Please and thank you!
  2. Xaochi New Member

I did that quest yesterday without any issues friend. I don't know what to say but it wasn't broken when I did it.
    Xaochi
    100 SK - Halls of Fate
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

Have you tried right clicking?
  4. Adrihaen Member

There was something I noticed when do the Short Sword of (I can't spell it) heritage quest. All the prereqs done but couldn't get the quest to start. Didn't delete the quest but a couple of days ago (this is after almost a week) I went to check and there was the feather over the guys head and I got my quest. I am not sure what happens but sometimes the quests just don't seem to have all their ducks in a row. Maybe it needed the weekly maintenance? I've no idea. I'd just sit on it and check back.
  5. Instagib New Member

I was waiting until I had ALL the 2.0 epic pre reqs done (now I do) before passing judgement on if this was possibly broken because I was thinking the quest possibly had a pre req quest it's self. That doesn't appear to be the case now that I have EVERY 2.0 epic timeline quest and freeport timeline quest done.

I have checked back every day for a month and I have never been able to talk to this skull to finish the quest. THIS QUEST IS BROKEN FOR ME and it's very upsetting because a lot of work was put in to doing the timelines and other quests so I could work on 2.0 epic. I cannot do so until this quest is fixed. Therefore I cannot get some of the better pieces in the expansion and paying customers should not have to deal with this on a regular basis like I do.

DEVS: Any chance someone could help me fix this broken quest??
  6. Kaitheel Developer

Instagib,

I have looked at the skull object for this quest, but I cannot find any reason why it would be giving you any such trouble. The design functionality on this object is really straight forward. If you can see it, you should be able to click on it.

For me to examine this further, can you please provide:
    • What is your character's name?
    • What server are you on?
    Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
    Lateana and Meneltel like this.
  7. Instagib New Member

Character name: Oscillococcinum

Server : Skyfire
    DoomDrake likes this.
  8. Uncle Active Member

i did this quest on sunday Osc with out issue on teh **** ranger maybe you got tehre as someone else mighta did it coulda been on coll down
  9. Kaitheel Developer

Curiouser and curiouser....

I have not been able to reproduce this issue.

I copied your character to my account to test this, but I was still able to click on the skull and get the update, so it wasn't a character specific issue.

I then jumped onto your server to test it live, with my character. Clicking on the skull successfully updated the quest, so it wasn't a case of the skull getting in a weird inactive state.

The spawn point you listed above is near the correct item, but just in case, I suggest you double check you were trying to click on the correct object. (-108, -53, -15)

~ Kaitheel
    Lateana and Meneltel like this.
  10. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Kaitheel, thank you for your efforts to help him. I am sure he and any others who may need your help in the future (and if you have time to help them) will appreciate it, so giving you a high five and a pat on the back now.
    Lateana, Kaitheel and HaphazardAllure like this.
  11. Instagib New Member

I deleted the quest again and relogged before picking the quest up again. I went to the location it says in Darklight Woods and noticed a skull on the ground that I PROMISE has never been there before. (because I've done the quest before and knew what I was looking for) I was finally able to update the quest, though.

I appreciate your time investigating this matter for me, Kaitheel. Much thanks!
  12. Kaitheel Developer

You're very welcome, Instagib. I'm relieved that you were able to resolve the issue and can continue on with your adventures!

~ Kaitheel