any one else get this graphical glitch? (or know if there is a setting I need to fiddle with?)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Griffon Lady, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

I've been getting this glitch ever since that optimization they did to the graphics a couple years ago or so.
    Any one else?
    (Any one know if there is a setting somewhere I need to fiddle with to stop it?)

[IMG]

Bushes, trees, cloaks, and any thing with clear sections of geometry tend to go black or get lines in big flat squares and shapes around the branch or what not. (those I think are shadow problems where lighting "sees" an object, but it's not meant to be seen).

and (i think) an unrelated glitch where if I look up, down, or directions other than when I entered the zone, I get a wire frame and panels in some areas.
    [IMG]
  2. firecracker Member

I have no fix, but I have this problem too. I haven't figured out yet what causes it. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone.
  3. Kilar Active Member

Looks like a rendering issue with your graphics cards. Have you tried lowering the in game settings in options? Turning shadows and flora off may help.
  4. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

It used to happen on my old machine too, and it had graphics set to minimum (and still had 3 to 10 FPC most of the time). lol
    The devs did fix the issue with the mouths of the pygmies stretching weird ways (like down to the ground lol) when I sent a screenshot. (O'course, there were more devs back then to deal with lil things like that :() I'm not sure if the first issue would be along those lines or not. The second one defiantly seems like this PC I'm on.
  5. Wurm Well-Known Member

Turn off shadows and it will go away.
  6. Solid11 Active Member

I believe it's a glitch with shadows enabled. I use a GTX 980 and got it on certain placeable objects and at the entrance to the tier 1 guild hall. Turning off shadows will remove the glitch. Don't think it will ever be fixed.
  7. Wurm Well-Known Member

Its been around forever thats for sure.
  8. Conifur Well-Known Member

I get the same problem. One thing I did notice that helped was doing the stupid eel quest in Great Divide for the Epic 2.0 that when you moused over one, the rest all had that problem so they are easier to find.
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  9. Rarrum Active Member

I get the exact same glitch all the time if I have shadows turned on. GTX 980 here.
  10. SandsMans Active Member

I have a GTX 980 as well and have had the same issue for a while. I always thought it was driver related, thanks for sharing how to get rid of it! Though they should fix their engine or whatever is causing the problem so we can leave the shadows on.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  11. Mysstie Well-Known Member

12. Sharann Well-Known Member

GTX980 and I can't enable shadows for that same reason.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have a similar problem with the prestige Kromzek Keep, its all white near the entrance ramp and if you aren't careful you will fall to your death just trying to get into the house.
  14. Solid11 Active Member

Ya i had that issue with amd cards for last 5 years also. I just live with it cause the game has to have shadows
  15. Iuvili Member

I have a different "glitch". I zone into instances, and my casting bar suddenly becomes this giant casting box; takes about 50% of my screen. I have to camp to myself or camp out to get it to reset. Very annoying.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Wow, glad I never had that one and have never even heard of it before. Hope someone can help you.
  17. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Well, thank you! ^_^ (And here I was so excited I could finally play and have shadows with this card when I got it. lol Figures.)