Current Currency

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Guiscard, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Guiscard Active Member

What is the deal with the new currency. I logged on the other day and went to look at what was for sale on the Broker and I just about fell over when I saw the prices - they were so high and were never that way when Sony was in charge.

What happened to the currency.
  2. Yards Well-Known Member

The currency hasn't changed. 1 krono is still the same $$ it has always been.
    Beee likes this.
  3. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Some inflation may have occurred.
    jazmeena likes this.
  4. Guiscard Active Member

I see prices like 150K - that never existed before. Has the value of the currency changed, is it just much easier to make money. When I use to sell on the broker - the prices were in Plats. What is a KRONO? Can you exchange plats for Kronos?
  5. Kenn Well-Known Member

So it costed me about $75 for 5 Krono and it made me over a million plat on the broker.

Where are people getting the plat to buy the Krono?

Even made 60k plat on a couple collection.
    Guiscard likes this.
  6. Meneltel Well-Known Member

IGN still in business? Just a possibility
  7. Fletch Active Member

Oh good another thread on inflation so people can show how little they know about economics.
  8. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Oh good, another post implying that most people who work for a living and buy items and houses and cars and food and utilities know nothing about economics.
    Snikkety, Davoth and Mizgamer62 like this.
  9. firecracker Member

A krono is a subscription token. You can purchase one with real world money at a slightly higher rate than a regular sub (think it's $18 per krono, vs $15 for a sub?), then you sell the krono on the broker for in game currency. Whoever buys the krono can use it to gain 1 month's subscription.

Somehow one krono equates to something like 650,000 plat on the Maj'Dul server. I don't know how people earn the plat to buy krono, but that's what a krono is.
  10. Bahtat New Member

The two merc crates you get currently selling for around 150k each probably recoups some of the plat.
  11. Meneltel Well-Known Member

That is what they are being listed for, but if they were selling, they wouldn't be on the broker anylonger. An item is worth only as much as it sells for, not what the seller THINKS its worth. If a rug worth $1500 is put on sale and the best offer for it is $10, than its relative worth is $10 at the moment. It might sell more later, but that's the "price" you pay when you try to get the best deal possible. You pay with time.
    Mizgamer62 and Prissetta like this.
  12. Guiscard Active Member

I understamd economics, but Sony never let the currency get out of control. In general they managed the game a lot better than Daybreak. I wish Sony were still in charge. I question if the game is worth playing any more.if it is not correctly managed.
    Kalika and DoomDrake like this.
  13. Fletch Active Member

Assuming that somebody understands economics because they participate in the economy is like assuming they understand cellular biology because they are made up of cells. These threads offer many examples of people that do not understand and apparently refuse to educate themselves on basic economic principles.
    Ursa Minor likes this.
  14. Malleria Well-Known Member

You can't claim intellectual superiority while also suggesting hyperinflation is a normal event in economies.

The state of plat inflation is unquestionably because of bugs and exploits in the game, not because of market forces, get over yourself.
    Snikkety, Jrox, Mizgamer62 and 2 others like this.
  15. Fletch Active Member

By all means enlighten me as to my post where I stated that the hyperinflation due to the AoM plat exploit was normal. The exploit was nearly two years ago and there are multiple threads on it. I simply don't see the need for another thread where people with no knowledge of economic theory offer hair brained "solutions". We have enough of that in the real world.
  16. Meneltel Well-Known Member

THAT exploit was 2 years ago. Many of us are presuming that there are some others not yet identified or that a great deal more of money from somewhere is flowing into the economy. Even during the hyper-inflation of Weimar Republic was due to excessive printing of money. So the money being spent by players buying up stuff has to come from somewhere. I don't think selling orc bones from HHK for 8 plat is the cause of that. Most likely is either left over/hidden from the 2 year ago exploit, new unknown exploits or DBGs is playing Weimar Republic. Those are the ones that I think are most likely.
    DoomDrake, Mizgamer62 and Justaplayer like this.
  17. Fletch Active Member

I have no issue with speculation as to the cause of the current inflation (although the rate is nowhere near the rate seen in AoM), there is a whole thread devoted to that. What I do have an issue with is all the people that think action by DBG can fix inflation. Inflation happens, sometimes through intended game mechanics, sometimes through unintended circumstances. When inflation happens the people that adapt to the changes in the economy will do well and those that don't adapt will be left behind. It is not and should not be the job of DBG to regulate the economy so that this doesn't happen. They should by all means punish those that violate the rules but once the damage is done any attempts at fixing it will only create more issues. This has all been discussed several times in the forums over the last two years.
  18. Guiscard Active Member

What this means is that this has become a rich person's game - as you need to spend REAL money to buy Kronos in large quantity. That is certainly something that DBG can deal with. I remember that SONY you have Plat sinks to get rid of excess plats in the game. DBG could do the same, but it does not appear that they have the same concern for the overall health of the game as Sony did. It would be very easy to knock these high prices down overnight which they should do.
  19. Fleurs Active Member

Plat sink like Infusion? Plat infusion is really strong, and drain up a lot of plat each time you loot an item upgrade.
    Btw, i never bought a Krono, and i have 3.6 million plat, and i'm not even farming hard. I could make 100k per day if i wanted.

By selling key, i can do 40k per hour, not a huge amount i agree, but more than enough to buy those 1k potency jewelry at 200k each on auction.
    Jrox likes this.
  20. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

If they took away the ability to purchase sellable items with real money, the plat in the game and plat prices for items would eventually go down. Until that happens, plat inflation is going nowhere. The easiest way to make a lot of plat in this game is to sell a krono. So, if you're willing to spend real life money, you can easily make at least 500k plat right now. Then, those people who have sold multiple krono have put that plat to other uses such as buying armor or runes. So now the person, like me, who does SLR or happens to find a rare rune takes the money from the person who bought the krono and gets rich off of the people who use real life money. And then on top of that are the people who spend real life money and ALSO play to earn plat. And they have mountains of it now--especially if they are smart. Buy low, sell high, etc.

There's not just one reason, but the most significant reason is that people are willing to purchase krono with hundreds of thousands of plat. I heard there was a time when krono were significantly less. And thus, everything else in the game was also bought and sold for significantly less plat. Anyway, that's where I see the biggest reason.