TSO Sig Line Quest Womt Update

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Xellium, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

• My quest journal says: "I need to destroy the anchor's guardian and then use the Staff of Theer to destroy the anchor."
    • You have to clear mobs to progress to the last room in the zone where the anchor resides. Once in the room I examined the anchor for the update. I then killed Executor Vark. Next, I equipped the Staff of Theer and once the anchor became aggro, I attacked it with the staff and received no update.
    • Character Name: Lysanor and Server: Antonia Bayle
  2. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

We tried it again and took off all of our equipment, jewelry, weapons, etc. and this time we got the update.
  3. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you for your help, Mizgamer62!

Chrol and I huddled over the script and the triggered spells of this fight, and we think we got it all cleaned up. It should be more reliable now, no matter how powerful you are. I am glad that you were able to progress it without having to wait for an update.

Here's the change:
    • The Shadow Odyssey, Chapter 5: Breaking the Chains - The dimensional anchor in Obelisk of Ahkzul has been overhauled. It should now consistently update the quest when destroyed with the Staff of Theer equipped, even when it is destroyed in one hit.
    I don't know when this change will hit live servers, but it should be listed in the update notes at that time.

~ Kaitheel
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

Yep, naked and no weapons did the trick. I also mentored to 90.