TSO Sig Line Quest Womt Update

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Xellium, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Xellium Active Member

TSO Chapter 5; Breaking the Chains cant be completed.
    Cleared Obelisk of Akzhul, Killed the last name.
    Equipped the staff of Theer, attack the Anchor.
    No update when it dies.

Tried chronoing to 80 and removing any procs so the first hit is the staff.
    Still wil not progress the quest.
  2. lalluna Member

I just completed this quest a few days ago, for 1st time did not get updade, but for second time everything was fine.
  3. sinergy111 Member

I also completed it a couple of days ago on [tle] and it updated just fine. I don't know what is different tho
  4. Xellium Active Member

3 Times in a row now, no update.
    This quest is broken, can we get a fix implemented?
  5. Xellium Active Member

Just confirmed with a guildie.
    He has tried 5 times and the anchor will not update his quest either.
  6. lalluna Member

tried not to oneshot the anchor?
  7. Xellium Active Member

Ok so I mentored to 80 and got completely naked.
    Just the Staff of Theer and my skivvies.
    That worked, one auto attack got it to 30% but I got my update instantly.

This is still a silly work around.
    If you have the staff equipped and you kill the anchor you should get an update.
  8. Acust Member

Make sure that you right click the anchor, and kill the Name first. I had to mentor to 80, get naked and cxl all pets and mercs.
  9. Trakum Active Member

Thank goodness for this thread , i'm getting the same problem.
    I'm locked out so cant try it yet but will tomorrow.
    I agree though , getting nekkid and all debuffed isnt a fix for this.
    Come on code it so the update check is when it dies not at a % in health check
  10. Kaitheel Developer

Psst... tomorrow's update notes include:
    • The Shadow Odyssey, Chapter 5: Breaking the Chains - The dimensional anchor in Obelisk of Ahkzul will now properly update the quest when destroyed with the equipped the staff of Theer, even when it is destroyed in one hit.
    ~ Kaitheel
  11. Dude Well-Known Member

Thank you! I tried this three times over the last week or so. I thought I had done something wrong and the 18 hour lockout was killing me.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

Ok, so I've tried it twice since the patch and no luck. I tried it grey and I tried it mentored to 90. Mentoring to 90 made everything green. Still no luck. Anyone had different luck? Am I missing something? I'm stuck on the Obelisk of Ahkzul step. I have tried following the directions on Wiki and the directions on ZAM. They are pretty close, but slightly different. Neither has worked for me. Any thoughts?
  13. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

It is still broken. My friend and I tried it again also.
    Dude likes this.
  14. Dude Well-Known Member

It looks like this is still broken. :(
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  15. Kaitheel Developer

Well, that is disappointing and frustrating. I cannot reproduce this issue. I suspect there is more than one issue at play here, but it most likely stems from you being too powerful and killing the mob too quickly for the scripted event and update to take place.

Can you tell me exactly what you are doing to help me reproduce it and hopefully fix it? Please include the name of your character and server for my investigations.

~ Kaitheel
  16. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

My friend and I couldn't do it either and we both chrono'd down to level 80. We followed the quests specifications to the letter. We have tried it numerous times before and after the patch and still no luck. Do we need to take off all of our gear while chrono'd down to level 80 so the script can update? This is the first mob that we have encountered this issue while doing the quest line.
  17. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

*** Also we only did auto attack with the Staff of Theer equipped, so we didn't even use any powerful spells or combat arts ***
  18. Shey New Member

Ok I have seriously done this Anchor of Ahkzul part over 20 times so I was happy that they had fixed it in Tuesdays patch. But it
    is not fixed, I have mentored down, equipped the staff and followed this to a T and nothing. So frustrating. I am assuming then It did not get fixed?
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  19. Kaitheel Developer

Umm... please see my post 3 above yours.

~ Kaitheel
    Dude likes this.
  20. Kaitheel Developer

What does your quest journal currently say for this quest?
    Did you kill anything in the zone before you attacked the dimensional anchor with the Staff of Theer?
    What is the name of your character?
    What server are you on?

Thank you.