Maldura Mushroom Bar and Grill Wedding Band

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Shully, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Shully New Member

I really like the music the band is playing for the wedding taking place down in the Mushroom Bar & Grill (you usually have to get kind of close before you can start hearing it... then it seems to follow you around the bar)

I'd like to set it as the default to my house theme maybe, or am wondering if there is a music box for it anywhere?
    -I've looked in the EQ2 music folders and have not been able to find it. Anyone have any information on it?

And kudos to the folks that composed the Maldura music....very nicely done all around :D
    Prissetta likes this.
  2. 7rlsy Member

While I agree that the music composition and playing (betcha solo production with good tools) is what I would unsurprisingly hear from some pro Irish band in a tav or recorded (no, really: Who _did_ track this?), I am more impressed by... the Doppler effect applied to the music in that instance. Seriously, day-um --!

That is easily some of the best artificial psycho-acoustics I've ever run heard applied in all of Norrath. No, really... WTH?? Somebody working in audio really thought this through and did the work.

Hey, KANDER & HOLLY: This is great stuff. Is that tech/artist still on staff?

*I usually have music turned off in game. Reasons. There are, as y'all know, a few instances where that option doesn't apply. Not a problem for me. This one is an example of that programming exception for users like me and it's a damn good one.
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Kaitheel Developer

The sound designer responsible for all the expansion music (including the wedding) and the zone sound effects was Mark MacBride. You can read about him in this article from Massively OP. He's still here and still making awesome stuff! He's enough reason to make sure you are playing with your sound on!

~ Kaitheel
    Prissetta and Shmogre like this.
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

As a former Renaissance Faire minstrel, I love that little band!
    Kaitheel likes this.
  5. Fleurs Active Member

By the way, i noticed since this expac that i no longer have any combat music (adaptative off), and repairing files had no effect. Any clues on that?