Xalgox x4 since patch adjusting script

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Arieva, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Arieva Well-Known Member

Since the patch several weeks ago when scripts on t3 mobs were adjusted to be less forgiving in script fails I've noticed something I feel needs adjustment on Xalgoz. The window for the scripted swap from archtype to archtype is just way to small and if not perfectly timed results in a red message fail and resulting wave of healing. I imagine some guilds sre able to power through it anyway assuming no other fails but this mechsnic is making it harder for the rest of us.

There is an orange warning message that xalgoz thirsts for another archtypes blood then a yellow message shortly thereafter that signals the swap. The problem lies in that if you hit the staff after the orange message goes out and it lands before the yellow message you trigger the fail (and sometimes die because damage numbers seem to have not changed yet). On the flip side if you wait for yellow message to hit staff it also fails. So you are stuck trying to time the click somewhere in between and its a tossup whether you land the click perfectly so as not to trigger the fail. The challenge in this fight should be about agro management not the luck of the draw with using an item with lag involved. Either the scripted damage should change with the orange message based on upcoming archtype preference and you have the window between 2 messages to swap, or more time needs to be given after yellow message to allow the exchange based on yellow message going out and human reaction time
  2. Gninja Developer

The warning message is the time you should be swapping not the message telling you he is now checking for the different target. You get 5 seconds to make your swap. If you are having issues getting him to swap there is an item that drops off the bonus boss that can help with that.
  3. Monstuhr Well-Known Member

Gninja that seems to be the issue. If you make the swap right after the warning message, you get the heal because it is still thirsting for the prior class types blood.

The mob should not "thirst" for any blood for the 5 seconds between the warning message and the new blood type.
  4. Gninja Developer

Pretty sure there is something in place to prevent that but I will check it out anyway.
  5. Gninja Developer

You are 100% correct! Sorry about that. I will get it fixed in next update.
    Billzbub likes this.
  6. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

(1488914938)[Tue Mar 7 19:28:58 2017] \#FF6600Xalgoz seeks the blood of a scout, ignoring this will cause him to heal his wounds!
    (1488914938)[Tue Mar 7 19:28:58 2017] Scout causes Xalgoz to double take toward them!
    (1488914942)[Tue Mar 7 19:29:02 2017] \#FF0000Xalgoz's thirsted for fighter blood, but received scout blood instead, giving him a sudden rush of healing!
    (1488914943)[Tue Mar 7 19:29:03 2017] \#FFFF00Xalgoz now thirsts for scout blood!
  7. Gninja Developer

Errrorr likes this.
  8. Arieva Well-Known Member

Thanks much