Got your poll right here...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Zeddicious, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Expanded answers since those little bubbles weren't quite enough to express myself, so I created this thread to link to it.

I don't approve of how everything has become so revolved around time investments. Be it ascension scroll gathering, heaps of old questline prerequisites or grinding senselessly for deity tithe - that's not fun. If the profitability of the game is going to be predicated on how the actual time spent logged in, I'll gladly leave my character online 24/7 to fluff the numbers. I mean, its just time, right?

I don't approve of punishing powerful players by implementing fail conditions that include wiping the raid. That's like taking your ball home when you're on the wrong / losing team. The adversarial approach to creating encounters is saddening. I'm sorry if I can stack 9000 fervor and 1 shot raid mobs. Sorry if the ascension pet swarm does more dps than entire groups of players. I'm just using the tools that were made available, don't get mad and wipe the raid because the encounter didn't expect me to bring my A game.
    Swiggity Swooty - I'm comin for that looty!

Constantly tinkering with player power to make the Public Quests "last as long as you think they need to last" needs to come to an end. Adjusting how much DPS I can do vs. a PQ mob every week just makes me sad and I lose confidence in what the PQ is really about.

I do approve of the expansion. It's fun to play if you forget that you're supposed to be in an mmorpg with other people. The artwork is supurb, animations are great and the overall feel of what's going on is relative to the storyline. When you do remember its a mmorpg, you hit the dps wall, where you need 50 points in tithe, level 10 ascension and epic 2.0 to even stay relevant and the fun becomes not so much.

I've never played on TLE beyond level 10. I didn't like it.

Game crashes seem to be common. The hidden features of Call of the Character Screen (cov) - Call to Desktop (guildhall / home) and zone to desktop happens often enough for me to give them their own special names. Game lag has been hit and miss, depending on the zone and load.

I'm a member, and will most likely continue to be a member. The cost is nominal for me, and it provides a good amount of entertainment value when considering the whole mmo portion of the game. Good friends, a bunch of good laughs... some slaying of pixelated monsters... good times.

I'd love to be able to recommend this game highly to my friends, but I can't. I can't because they'd be so far behind buried in timelines, questlines, HQ's, faction grinds, deity points, ascension levels and Epic 2.0s' that they would NEVER catch up and be able to play "at my level". I would have to quit playing for 4 months for them to even come close to where I'm at now.

With this mountain of stuff to do to stay relevant, I'm interested and curious to see how this whole "make stuff take forever" trend will pan out in the end. The separation of power between 11/2016 players and a player who joins today is just.... huge I tell ya.

So yeah, there's that.
    Raff, firecracker, CoLD MeTaL and 9 others like this.
  2. Kenn Well-Known Member

There are different styles of players and I think the problem is that they try to make all players do all styles.

I adventure and do not like to do raid or heroics to complete my quest lines.

Other people are fighters and hate being bogged down with quest lines.

If I can get my gear as I quest and the gear is decent enough to do the quests, then I'm happy not having the best gear.
  3. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

I was a bit surprised to find a poll, I also wished they had allowed a spot for feedback under each question.
    I think I essentially said that because of my hiatus, I'm in perpetual catch-up, and I would continue to subscribe and play casually but I would never recommend this game and I'm not terribly impressed with the company (though the employees try their best with what they are given).

So yeah, looks like my experiences (and answers) were pretty similar.
    Zeddicious and Mizgamer62 like this.
  4. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I am not surprised that we got this poll. Just look at the level of frustration in these forums and that has been a trend for a while now. I don't need a crystal ball to know that they are bleeding players and subscriptions at a rapid pace. I just hope that every one that gets this poll will complete it and utilize the text box. I am sure their eyes will be bleeding from reading mine.
    Zeddicious and ColbyJack like this.
  5. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Yeah, I gave them an eyeful in that text box and suggested to learn more, to read the forums.
    Zeddicious, ColbyJack and Mizgamer62 like this.
  6. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

I hope everyone takes the three minutes (tops) to do the poll just for that text box.
    Hopefully it will be feedback they can't ignore.
    Zeddicious and Mizgamer62 like this.
  7. The-Plethora Active Member

I filled it out.

I haven't really bothered playing for a while, I wonder if daybreak look at if a player logs in or how long they have been logging in for? I must have almost 40 scrolls saved up now from the days where I do actually remember to log in, collect the scroll and log off so maybe logged in for 10 seconds.

I quite liked the main quest line and the crafting quest line which I completed on 2 characters. After that I was stuck with solo zones that rewarded nothing but infusers or heroic zones that I did not have the resolve to do. I have bought the higher level crafted gear off the broker that has put my resolve at 200 but like a lot of gear it seems you get resolve but lose so much potency the upgrade has weakened you significantly, quite demoralizing.

The there is the ascension grinding, it's slow and I am given an artificial restriction on how far I can progress each day, why? Then we have spell research for the ascension classes, purposely having rare components so people have to spend money or wait it out like a free to play EA mobile phone game.
  8. Froglok Member

Yeah I filled it out and also added stuff in the text box.

My main concern is they'll have so many players filling in the text box the feedback might get lost if they start skimming.
    Conifur likes this.
  9. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

Where was this poll?
    Adevil likes this.
  10. Stach Well-Known Member

Take a look, they used the free version of the survey site, which only allows that many questions and the box at the end. While it shows they community manager cared enough to send it out. The company did not care enough to pay for the expanded polls. This is not H1Z1 so this is what you get now
    Mizgamer62 and Conifur like this.
  11. Jrox Well-Known Member

Yea, where is this poll?

Adevil likes this.
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

It's emailed to whatever the email is attached to your account. I don't know if everyone got one or if there was some selection process.
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  13. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I received the poll via the email address for my account. Check your email account or accounts. I am guessing it was sent out randomly, but not certain.
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  14. knine Well-Known Member

They used to have artificial blocks on raid mobs back in the good ole days.. ie keep your dps between this.. keep power between that.. they went away from that and everyone just blows up the script.. its not the players fault, however the put again another form of artificial block in there. It's not like they haven't used it before. Oh oh.. remember the x2 debuff :) Those were fun lol....
  15. Revel Well-Known Member

I wish I had gotten this poll, it would have been strongly worded.

I'm getting to the "why bother to log in" phase. Grinding was just removed, so I can no longer go to old contested and blow stuff up for an hour and get a pip or two on my deity points. Scrolls are still stupidly rare and will continue to be rare, and frankly it is insulting that adept and master weren't even in the game until today. An utterly shameless cash grab. The new expert level equipment is just renamed equipment. What was trash before is still trash, and what was good before like the 1k potency jewelry has been pushed up to be better than all but a few T3 raid items, so why bother to raid and continue to get a chest with two useless weapons or 500 potency jewelry that just gets salvaged for an epic fragment?

Perhaps they should have named the expansion Kunark: Why Bother?
    Mizgamer62 likes this.