Tears of Veeshan: The Eternal Broodlands

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Abner, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Abner New Member

I'm supposed to go to the little island of Karak-Ta to meet Chymot and then be attacked by 3 mobs. I swear I've done every quest listed in the write-up on Zam and Wiki. I've gone there and Chymot wasn't there. I've leveled 22 characters to level 100 but after two years away, I don't remember what I've missed so that I can continue this questline. What am I missing?
  2. Ultimmaa New Member

think u are looking for another version of chymot. he should be outside the lower level of the tower on the main island no?
  3. Abner New Member

No, I'm supposed to meet him on Karak-Ta, and later to meet him by the crafting house. I checked both places, no show.
  4. Kaitheel Developer

Welcome back, Abner!

Trying to recall exactly where you were in a quest line can be a little confusing. Thankfully, Chymot's view predicates are quite straight forward, so that'll help us.

What exactly does your quest journal say for "Tears of Veeshan: The Eternal Broodlands"?

~ Kaitheel
  5. Abner New Member

There is no longer any entry for "Tears of Veeshan: The Eternal Broodlands". I've done every quest up to "Talk to Chymot on Karak-ta in the Vesspyr Isles ( -76, 30, -491 )" My journal only lists one quest for Vesspyr Isles (A Bite Out of Deathwings) and that's a heroic, not questline. I've done every quest to this point, and I find no quest feathers as I fly over each and every island. I know this is confusing but I've managed to do it on 22 previous toons, but after two years away I don't remember the trick(?) to continuing.
  6. Kaitheel Developer

AH! That would explain it then. Chymot is a step in the actual quest. You need to be on that quest in order to progress it. (Side note: having "Tears of Veeshan: The Eternal Broodlands" in your journal is not a requirement for doing the other quests of the zone, hence why you could do those other quests and not have this one.)

I suggest you try to speak with Tevan Brassgear in Qeynos (if you are good) or Blaira Va'Tyrn in Freeport, (if you are evil). They may help you by offering the quest.

Good luck!

~ Kaitheel
    Blazen and Shmogre like this.
  7. Abner New Member

Okay, that resolved my problem. I had simply used the home portal earned by another toon and done all the quests to this point. I'd swear that "Tears of Veeshan: The Eternal Broodlands" was in my journal until it disappeared, and finishing one quest always popped the next quest up for me. Anyway, I can move on now. Thank you.
  8. Kaitheel Developer

Wonderful! You are very welcome, Abner.

~ Kaitheel
    Blazen likes this.
  9. Nueen New Member