[DEV] When T4 allowed to kill?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Dzir, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Daray Well-Known Member

We get Shanaira down to 80% in 12-13 mins. That makes for a projected kill time of 1 hour. No amount of offensive fine-tuning is going to squeeze a 1 hour kill down into the 15 min time limit.

Yes, the 80% script element is wiping us 2-3 mins before the enrage timer, but we decided not to spend repeated 12+ minute pulls just to get to the point where we can figure it out... because the overall pace vs time limit just isn't remotely achievable (at this point in time at least, we will see what this next patch does).

The heal mechanic, even if limited, makes Terris even more unlikely.
  2. Pitta Active Member

Honestly i would wait until the update on Tuesday for them to both fix whatever is wrong with the epic debuffs, and for the new content to come out before complaining too much about not being able to progress. If this release is anything like GU100 was, you can expect a hefty increase in player stats. I don't know that it will be for sure, but judging from the disparity in dps from what we are doing to what is needed, this would likely have to happen.
  3. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Hm ... Gninja, You speak only of an error when stacking the Epic 2.0 Procs, what is with the other problems I've enumerated with the Ascensions? These errors are now proven to exist, why do not you ever please? ... So quite constructively spoken.

Sorry my english is not so good if I should have overlooked something while reading.
  4. Gninja Developer

Your English is fine :) Better than some native english speakers that post on these forums actually :p

I personally don't fix items or player abilities. I am only relaying what I am told is getting fixed. If there are other issues with debuffs, shoot me an email with details and I can ask Caith about them. Otherwise feel free to contact him on your own.

cmora@daybreakgames.com
  5. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

ok thx Gninja
  6. Nero Active Member

Just to clarify,

Fully knowing that the best of the best are currently able to get the first T4 raid mob down to around 80%, before wiping to a script with only 2-3 minutes remaining (taken directly from a post above), do you believe that the mob is currently killable in its current state, with the way all items, skill, debuffs, etc are functioning? I mean if you had a perfect raid set up and everything.

I guess what i am trying to get at is:

1. Is this a player/ skill issue where we just dont have enough dps, or dont have the right raid compositions, or are simply not aware of a script tht prevents us from doing more damage or
    2. Is there something truly wrong internally, that you guys are aware of that effectively makes this mob unkillable. I understand that you stated that there is nothing that you, or other devs, have put in to block us from progressing, i guess at the end of the day, I just want to know if its possible (we are just dumb and havent figured it out), or if there is truly is a bug that is making these fights unrealistic at this point in time.
  7. Gninja Developer

I think its a combination of those things listed. We won't know for sure till we get the debuffs fixed because that's very likely just making it a ton harder than it should be since you can't really debuff it as much as you should be able to. In short I can probably answer that question after next week's Tuesday update.

I would say between now and Tuesday its extremely unlikely the tier4 bosses can be killed. After Tuesday we will have to reevaluate it and if further adjustments are needed they will be done as swiftly as possible.
    Dude and Luciar like this.
  8. Beee Well-Known Member

So - for high end progression - please make sure this update is done at all servers at the same time.
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

Thank you for being here and responding on the official forums.
  10. Tigerr Well-Known Member

Gninja,

As you know there a couple of mechanics on Shanaira. The one that you are talking about was a script we've never had to do. (We had the OTHER move one , which is why we had to adjust and relearn)

So here is the 15 minute we were talking about. Unless the script makes her take more damage which I doubt, it would take 1 hour to kill her

[IMG]

http://imgur.com/a/2fwCo

That was down to about 80
  11. Nero Active Member

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I'm sure you'll have plenty of raids to "sit-in" on once Tuesday night rolls around. I can't imagine that any of the top guilds won't be pulling these mobs. Wish us luck!
    Tigerr and Kioske like this.
  12. Kioske Well-Known Member

I'm wondering though Gninja, the emote that Shanaira the Prestigious does says that she is charging to hit everyone in front of her, but it hits 360. Is that by design, is anyone else having that issue with the fight? We then also found that wards were almost useless against her (maybe just the "fail", we didn't pull her much because of the 360 "frontal")
  13. Kioske Well-Known Member

I remember having the same issue with the first version of her (First named in the zone) during the first week and it was either patched out or we kill her too fast to notice it anymore. Not sure which is true.
  14. Tigerr Well-Known Member

Yes. The hit is not a frontal cone. Definitely hits people 360 degrees. Wording is incorrect I'm guessing. More damage from front than from back. Wards were pretty useless now that you mention it.
  15. Gninja Developer

It's intended, but I can see why it would be confusing. I will see if I can make the wording of the debuff a little more clear. The way that spell works its a 360 degree AE but it adds damage and a debuff component if in front. You will still get the icon in 360 though. Pretty sure it does not include fighter or maybe it was just the MAO. Would have to look at it again.
  16. Kioske Well-Known Member

Shanaira the Prestigious is a different fight this week after Tuesday's patch. Wondering if her strat was changed and it's working as intended, or if nothing was changed? Seeing as there were no notes about it.
  17. Gninja Developer

What sort of changes? As far as I know there were no changes to that encounter.
  18. Vogie Active Member

Not 100% sure what else Kioske saw but we went in on the evening of March 21, 2017 after the patch. No swarm adds appeared that turn your screen red(can't remember the name) during the 6 or so attempts we pulled. She didn't seem to be taking increased damage from all sources only Geomancers were blowing her up.

Went back in on the evening of March 28th, now swarm bugs appeared every pull and somewhat often. She still takes way more damage from lvl1 Geomancer than I can put out in my lvl10 Etherealist Ascension. I'll tell Kioske to put in what he saw as well.
  19. Nero Active Member

The named has several scripts, much like the T1 Shanaira. These scripts do not always present themselves in the same order. Sometimes you'll get the flies first, sometimes youll get them as the last sript, much like you would with the dopplegangers, etc.

Some feedback on the damage and script that occurs at 80%.

Looks like physical damage still makes up a disproportionate share of the damage being done to her. It is better than what it was pre patch, but still quite skewed. I guess I just dont understand the thinking behind this? Is the idea to force 16-18 people into Geo for this fight and then as we progress other T4s are going to require us to play elementalist/thumie/etherealist?

I know and understand your decision to make the hints and clues more vague, as this is supposed to be a more difficult encounter, but any way you could look at the wording for the script and subsequent fail messages? I dont want to say any more here as of right now to not give anything away for those that have yet to pull the encounter.
  20. Alize New Member

We noticed that at every T4 Encounter so far. I am always at the back end of the parse when i leave my Etherealist or Elementalist Ascension Form up. Switching to Geomancer or using a Damage Type Charm with melee damage results in a 2 or 3 time higher parse.