Celebrate the Community Event

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ocarinah, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Khiara Active Member

I nominate Shanette ...for her general awesomeness and dealing with Warehouse
    I also nominate Wizzam for HER general awesomeness ........and dealing with Warehouse.
    I lastly nominate Warehouse...for being our whipping boy...tho he seems to love it ;)

Seriously tho...each of you are incredibly helpful and creative and funny and give selflessly of your time to help others...tho Shan could be a bit more generous with her RUM!!!
    Moena, Merriel, kianne and 4 others like this.
  2. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

You do know the RUM is ALWAYS gone? WHY is the rum gone???
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

'Cause tequila sucks? :p

Uwk
    Moena and Merriel like this.
  4. Eliohia2 Active Member

ok I nominate Jerry, he always gives us something good and he can decorate too!!, Niboota and Denmum for all their hard work. and especially Faeonara for all the help, love and friendship. She has been an inspiration and mentor to me since we first met on Guk helping Ribbitribbit...don't know what I would do without her...
    Moena, Faeonara, Merriel and 3 others like this.
  5. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

5 more days to nominate people...totally expected this to be like 10 pages long. Please nominate a bunch more...I still have mine to post too.
  6. Spextasy Well-Known Member

I wish to nominate my fellow videographers, Febrith, Kianne, and Sokaran, for their tireless efforts to get caught up on the video tours list, and even finding time to share random video tours of absolutely beautiful homes they find along the way. And also, because I adore them. Their videos have made me laugh until I almost cry, are wonderfully done each in their own way, and have become the highlight of my day.

I'd also like to nominate Wizzam who has dropped everything many times to come give me a hand or advice or suggestions on one of my projects. She's a very encouraging and supportive presence in the decorating community, and I admire her very much for it. She also happens to be one of my absolute favorite decorators, best friends, and I love her creativity and imagination. She inspires me more than she can ever know.
    I also would like to nominate Merriel for many of the same reasons above. She is a positively priceless asset to the decorating community and I've always found her to be quite encouraging and helpful to anyone who needs it. I am in absolute awe of not only her solo projects, but the ones she has collaborated on with Vasciagio and Ceyarrecks.
    I feel that Warehouse is also deserving of a nomination, quite simply because he is very helpful to anyone who needs it, and has been known to get items for people that they wouldn't have been able to obtain otherwise. (I myself owe him a debt of gratitude for house deeds and LoN paintings I couldn't live without, and he came through for myself and many others.) Not to mention he takes all of us females giving him a hard time during the Deco Raids in stride, and is a good sport about it.

I feel Khiara is also deserving of a nomination from me, simply because she has been a good friend to me, and has patiently listened to me rant and rave, whether it was about trouble I was having reskinning a certain home, or an issue I was having IRL and needed a friend to listen. She is a great decorator, and an even greater friend and I feel blessed to have her be a part of my life.
    Last but certainly not least, I would like to nominate the 3 decorators who may not know it, but have inspired me to be a better decorator over the years, Raainy, Gracee, and Cheribomb. I admire each of them and their fabulous work greatly, and find myself dropping everything each time one of them publishes a new project to run and check it out, no matter which server it's on or what I'm doing. I've been fortunate enough to become, if not exactly friends, acquaintances with them, and they are not only wonderful, inspiring decorators....but wonderful, inspiring people as well. I hope I didn't leave anyone out. There are many remarkable people in our decorating community that deserve recognition, and if I could, I would nominate you all! :) ~Shan
    Cheribomb, Moena, Febrith and 5 others like this.
  7. Llieam Well-Known Member

I want to nominate:

Lera, for all ways being current on the one site that we all know and love for our housing research needs.
    Shanette, for really taking the community one step further with all she does with our home tours.
    Naimi for all her updates over the years for our crafting and housing community.
    Ocarinah for just stepping in and really taking a lot on for the community with events, posts, etc.
    Gracee for just being Gracee, without her I probably would not have even stuck with decorating.

And the countless decorators of Norrath, I could not list everyone even if I tried.

LL

AKA

WARES
    Faeonara, Moena, Febrith and 5 others like this.
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

There really are too many wonderful and encouraging people out there to be able to even think of them all to nominate, and I've already nominated some of them, but to add to my list:

Adelyna, for running the Maj'dul New Years house swap and for being so sweet as to decorate my home despite the fact that I pulled out of the event due to irl reason.

Lera, for all her hard work and effort to maintain EQ2Furniture and for being an all around awesome Frostfell elf (evidence of her Frostfell elfness exists in Raiding the Icebox owned by Ceyarrecks on Maj'dul server <eg>).

Feldon for all his hard work and effort to maintain EQ2Wire, EQ2U, and other projects.

Denmum for sharing all the new items with us as they come out on Test server and for her site.

Rawl (Jerry Dechant), Shadowplay, Margaret Delaney, NS6, IcyDesigns (sp?) for their awesome PlayerStudio submissions (There are more artists who deserve recognition but these are the ones that come to mind.)

Jazabelle from Homes & Tomes, who despite her health issues, starts up the Frostfell house swap year after year (and thank you, Ocarinah, for taking over for her this year).

Many inspiring decorators whom I have admired for a long time now, some of whom have been extremely helpful when I've had questions to ask: Cheribomb, Raainy, Gracee, Boglily, Tenchigirl, Metamarra, Suka (she is out of game on extended leave atm for health reasons), Gisella, Wizzam, Eryn, Quiarrah (trying not to duplicate names I've already voted for, but oh gosh, there are so many, I can't even think of them all)

For being very helpful in the forums or just all around friendly, Uwkete, Faeonara, Moena, and many others. Ok, drawing a blank but I know I've missed TONS of people (sorry if I didn't list you in this or my last post...you are ALL amazing!)
    Faeonara, Moena, Febrith and 4 others like this.
  9. Gretel Well-Known Member

Omg, I forgot Lera :( . I wouldn't be able to decorate without her site. Heck yes! :D
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hey, how about Armageddoux, who did all the translations for the other countries in the forums? That was a cool service to provide, and he's an awesome guild leader on Thurgadin (once Storms). :)

Uwk
    Faeonara, Moena, Febrith and 3 others like this.
  11. Febrith Well-Known Member

All the people I wanted to nominate have already been nominated but in no particular order:-
    DenMum, Ocarinah, Puss (Uwk), Ceyarrecks, Shanette, Wizzam, Merriel and Valzen - this isn't even naming the wonderful decorators that I have seen or other people on this forum who are beacons of positivity.
    I also fear I've missed a few but I am fairly certain that everyone I would have nominated has already been at least once:)
  12. Vichane Well-Known Member

I'd like to nominate Evarya/Delepitore for her tireless, creative decorating skills. She's been decorating on antonia bayle for years! She always knows just how to bring my decorating ideas to life when i just cannot seem to get over my block to do so. There are numerous examples of her decorating in my houses.

I'd also like to nominate Feallan/Arseni (two different people, but they decorate as a team) for their unique styles. They have some lovely houses between them that usually take my breath away!

I will also toss in my nomination for Boglilly who not only decided to -give- us her hard work in skinned layouts, but manages to make beautiful creations every year around her hectic schedule. (i still love the tinkered candy land house!)

All of these decorators make their homes on antonia bayle server!
    Faeonara, Moena, Merriel and 4 others like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

/doh! Boglilly! Yes! Aka Sapphirius, or am I getting my foggy old memories crossed again? If not, then Sapphirius, too! :D

Uwk
  14. Merriel Well-Known Member

Yes, Boglily and Sapphirius are one and the same. :)
  15. Merriel Well-Known Member

Only four hours and forty eight minutes left to get your votes in. :D
  16. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Thanks Merriel for the bump. I still have to post my nominations but might wait until tomorrow right before I do the drawing :rolleyes:
    Merriel, Faeonara, Moena and 2 others like this.
  17. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I hope I don't miss anyone but my brain is not working properly lately and I have extremely bad memory so very sorry if I do miss someone. I really appreciate so many people in this wonderful decorating community.

All the house/guild hall videographers...Niboota, Jazabelle, Sokaran, Febrith, Kianne, and Shanette. Thank you for taking time to do video tours of everyone's amazing houses and guild halls.

All the how to videos...Jazabelle, Valzen, JesDyr. I am sure there are many more out there but I don't know their in game characters so hard to get prizes to them.

All people hosting awesome decorating events...Jazabelle (and all of her Homes and Tomes guildies), Afista, Niboota, Suka, Elyana, Tinkerbbell, Kitzy Cogknocker (Keeper of the Platinum Sprocket and Homes and Tomes), Havoc, and Aexia.

Extremely useful websites...Denmum (eq2.eqtraders.com), Lera (eq2furniture.com), JesDyr (eq2designers.com), Feldon (u.eq2wire.com), Afista (eq2designgallery.com).

Updating us on new things coming our way...Denmum, Cyliena (Zam and now eq2wire.com),

For giving me and many many others so many awesome claimed house items...Cyliena.
    For giving away so much stuff on Test server...Denmum and Kasa.
    For giving away so much stuff on AB...Zanz, Phocks, Kianne.

For tools helping decorate...JesDyr (Layout Editor) and Sennen (Open Source Layout Editor).

For helping complete empty SSHHS2016 house for Catnipps...Darkzephyr and Elyana.

For helping complete SSHHS2016 and signing up for extra house for event...Devilkiss.

For helping me with leveling guilds on other servers...Zanz/Zaelock, Kalakar, Nelli.

For giving me a guild to join on other servers...Zanz/Zaelock, Kalakar, Nelli, Valzen, Kianne, Uwk

For supporting me when I was having a meltdown...Darkzephyr, Korvnus, Valzen, Rred, Kianne, Febrith, Sokaran, Shanette.

For helping me decorate house on Halls of Fate for SSHHS...Valzen and Uncle Rogie.

For encouraging me to keep going long ago...Cheribomb.

For making amazing house items I requested...Shadowplay and Jerry Dechant.

For always coming to see my work...Ennia, Zanz, Darkzephyr, Korvnus, Rred, Valzen (know there is many more).

For amazing skin work for many houses...Boglily, Cheribomb.

For allowing me to recreate an amazing house...Raainy.

For gifty because I toured house/guild...Seefar, Arnar.

Amazing Travel Houses...Cloudrat

For being you and not mentioned above...Danyelle, Faeonara, Wizzam, Warehouse, Daemora, Cey.

For all the positive comments people have given me...the list is just too long for me to remember everyone in this posting plus not sure everyone still playing game. Ugh I know I forgot so many people I wanted to mention. Please forgive my bad memory.
  18. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

The video of random drawing. Hopefully each nominator and nominee were entered once in the list. I even had the people that declined in the list as well.

Grats! Merriel nominated the winner Gisella. Thank you everyone that participated in this event!
  19. kianne Well-Known Member

Grats to the winner :D well done xx
  20. Quiarrah Well-Known Member