TS Food

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Conifur, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Conifur Well-Known Member

Is there any food that is player made that helps with TS or Harvesting? If not I think that would be a great addition to the game. Thank you.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

No, there isn't.
  3. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Why you would need that?
    The only thing (I think) harvesting skills affect is getting rares and even than lol in KA you can harvest rare only nothing else :)
    Double harvest chance grant by ring that you get upon AoM timeline, I think using earring of solstice bumping your harvest by 45 or so plus AA bumping harvest skills by 50 or so.
  4. Alenna Well-Known Member

there is a potion that all crafters get the recipe for from the raffik quest line for harvesting lasts 1 hour is called harvesters balm
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

The potion of bountiful harvests from your tradeskill apprentice is a nice boost. Beyond that, many of the quest rewards for the signature tradeskill lines give you boosts to harvesting (e.g. Cloak of the Harvester).
  6. Conifur Well-Known Member

Because the higher your skill the higher your chance to harvest rares. I am not talking about the rares in KA as those it does not matter. I am talking about the rares in Thalumbra for food and the rare foundations for GM spells. My harvesting skill in 723 when I load up on my harvesting stuff (I would love to get the boots from Unrest but that zone is a PITA), and I still don't see foundations.
  7. Conifur Well-Known Member

Going to look into that. Thanks.
  8. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Understood, I think foundation comes only from 1 source of harvestable - roots (at least all foundations I got came from roots).
  9. Wurm Well-Known Member

10. Wurm Well-Known Member

Conifur, the best luck I've had for foundations and spellshards is in Tranquil / Phantom Sea.

Much better results compared to ToT.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Conifur like this.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Foundations and spellshards are not, unfortunately, affected by harvesting skill. To maximize your chances at those, you want as much double-harvest as you can get.
    When spellshards first came out a bunch of us crowd-sourced harvesting results (100s of thousands of harvests) and it was pretty clear skill wasn't affecting chances at them
  12. Conifur Well-Known Member

Ok, thank you. Then that balm from Raffik will help.
  13. Conifur Well-Known Member

Ok, thank you. Off to the seas I go. I guess you can't post back to back. I have to wait.
  14. Wurm Well-Known Member

This is true. Same goes for the ultra rare food nodes in ToT, in fact I find I get better results NOT using my harvesting gear, which is sad to be honest.
  15. Conifur Well-Known Member

So I want to max Bountiful Harvest right? I did the Prayer shawl yesterday and that gets me up over 75%. I looked at the list of items on the other thread. Does that number seem about right or does it look like I am missing more?
  16. Meirril Well-Known Member

That is just the ultra-low drop rate speaking. As far as I can tell the drop rate of Spellshards/Foundations is the same no matter what zone you go to as long as its the same tier of harvesting. And personally I've had some absurd luck in Thaumbra, the good kind.
  17. Xianthia Well-Known Member

80% BH is highest (afaik), and 9% for rare chance
    without Shroud of the hidden harvests and harvester's balm, but using everything else towards BH you should be at 76%.

Shroud adds 1 towards Bountiful harvest
    Balm adds 3%
  18. Wurm Well-Known Member

I have splendid luck on the ToT food rares, make serious bank on them every week. But if I want spellshards or foundations I stay in phantom sea. Most of my luck in the top part of the zone heading towards the castle.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This is one of the major reasons I've always screamed, railed, fussed, growled, and generally raged at the "kindness" of the Powers dictating to us the minute we start a new character in game what our various Trees (AA, Tradeskill, etc.) should be. It's gotten so whenever I start a new toon, if I remember before I start doing all those "Until Cancelled" things (since re-organizing one's Trees cancels everything), one of the first things I'll do is go into the various Trees and rollback everything. If I know the class well, I'll put back all the various AA points where I want them to go; if not, I'll just spend points as they come back when I earn them.

For the Tradeskill Tree, though, I always know where I want to put the points after the rollback: Durability increases first, then Crafting Speed (since I've always found grinding crafting to be hellacious; it was worse with the idiotic subcombines back in the old days), then Double Harvest, then Rare Harvest, once that came up. Breaking the laws of physics and getting back materials and fuels is always fun, but I've always been leery about putting any points whatsoever into the Critical Success bit, figuring that with my luck, if those percentages went up, so would my chances of getting critical failures. :-/

Haven't had the chance to try harvesting in KA (not having the expac would put a damper on such things ;->), and even my highest level adventurers (90s) have been a bit trepidacious in Tier 10 zones, though I have done okay in Maldura with Uwk here so far. It probably helps that I have little to no interest in the really fancy stuff, other than ordinary rares. ;->

Uwk
    who still has quite a few of the old /claim XP potions of various sorts (and if the Powers aren't going to make those silly Vials of theirs available for crafters, the very least they could do is make the old XP potions Heirloom)...if any progress is to be made for TS or Harvesting items, it will probably either come from more potions or gnomish devices :)
  20. Melt Actually plays the game

Here here to the potions, I put off crafting on my main toon for several years to get potions.