Maj'Dul DOWN!!!

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Golum, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Golum Active Member

What is going on now....can't connect to login servers...this crap is getting old.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  2. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

in-game announcement, servers would be coming down for a "brief" update at 1400 PST,...
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  3. Twinklin Member

they took servers down like 10 minutes ago. I didn't see any info on how long just got the message to find a safe place to log out on Antonia Bayle
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Merriel Well-Known Member

What Ceyarrecks said! Seems odd that no announcement has been made in these forums to inform the player base what's going on, before the fact. Oversight, or intentional?
  5. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Yes they took the servers down on purpose but unfortunately didn't post an explanation for it on the forums. It would be nice to know how "brief" the downtime will be so we can plan accordingly. ;) Just a thought on thoughtfulness!:cool:
  6. Golum Active Member

Glad we are treated like mushrooms...
  7. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

in monitoring server status, they were as of 1min ago all set to LOW, they are now, however, reading LOCKED.
    Guess that means they are making progress,...?
  8. Katzandra Well-Known Member

9. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

/e imagines a sad looking gerbil with its nose between the bars of a cage, and a HUGE padlock on it's door marked LOCKED!!
  10. Hotlipth Member

As I was logging off AB server I saw someone in general chat mention a rollback....what does this mean?
  11. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Rollback? Hmmmm this could start a panic............:confused:
  12. Aelfan Active Member

They really should start a policy of paying us back in station cash for every hour we can't play. I remember years ago there was some big problem and each account got a house out of it. That's what I call treating customers with respect.
  13. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

rollback means the removal of a change, back to a state prior to the update/patch/change.
  14. RadarX Community Manager

We're currently down for an unscheduled maintenance to address some serious technical issues. We hope to be up shortly.
  15. Katzandra Well-Known Member

A minor distraction from the topic at hand, but I find it interesting that on the EQ2 home page it indicates that the Race to Trakanon server is up. On the DB server status page it shows the last response from the server was 15 days ago. I guess they may have future plans for the server.........
  16. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Thank you, RadarX!
  17. Golum Active Member

Friday night...your timing is amazing. I am 100% certain they will not do a damn thing to compensate us. Again, we are viewed as mushrooms. I spend lots of cash money on this game, it may be time to move on.
  18. Katzandra Well-Known Member

From the unscheduled downtime post by RadarX.

"All US Servers will come down at 2 PM PT for a brief update to address a few outstanding issues. Downtime is anticipated to be less than 2 hours."

We can probably do something else for a while.....
  19. Merriel Well-Known Member

So I guess they assume we are fungus under the toenails of the monster called DBG? Time to form a raid and take the monster down! :D

Edit: Oh wait, the monster took itself down, voluntarily. I guess we have to wait patiently for it's return.
  20. Wizx13 Member

Status: 2/24/2017 14:27 PST - The game is currently down for scheduled patching.

its at the top of the forums page.......