Tier 3 mobs beefed up?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Kaarkula, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Kaarkula Active Member

While I agree with the idea that some of the ascension pets were doing way too much damage.

Why suddenly also the change to the tier 3 mobs?

I'll wait until raid tonight... but I have a bad feeling about those patch notes.
  2. Billyrayy Active Member

Didn't they already "adjust" these mobs once before?
  3. Vogie Active Member

To be exact they adjusted them twice already :(
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Xalgoz change is only on the fail effect to make it more failure.
    Lord change is something that's been missing all expac apparently. 2 extra adds that worked in beta but never on live.
    Shade change looks like it's intended for people to do the script more and less burn burn burn.
  5. Kaarkula Active Member

You''ll have to point me to where that was said about lord.. because I've never seen it mentioned in discord or on these forums. Did you beta test this particular mob?

These changes strike me as trying to slow down progression to stretch content... which retroactively placed may be a very bad idea.
  6. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

We killed it the other day, obviously being watched by Gninja, who questioned if the other adds did not pop. He confirmed on Beta they were popping, and the guilds who beta tested it clearly didnt point it out after.

We didn't beta test that mob, so the news was a surprise to us too. The fight did seem kind of easy as it is though for T3.
  7. Gninja Developer

These changes should not change much for those killing these encounters legitimately. The Lord Rak'Ashiir adds were absolutely supposed to be in from launch and were tested in beta by multiple guilds. For some reason they just stopped spawning on live. This was a correction not an addition.

The other two changes were purely on failure effects that a lot of guilds were ignoring completely because the failure effect was not that big of a deal to worry about. It still might not be strong enough but it needed to be done.
  8. Kaarkula Active Member

The music boxes spawn pretty quick.. so there are more music boxes spawning now?
  9. Gninja Developer

No these are different adds unrelated to the music boxes.
  10. Fairin Active Member

rated as minor annoyance, they eat daggerstorms and unda's taking some minor damage off the boxes. but not encounter breaking for us tonight,

the loot on the otherpaw needs addressed badly.. not even alts getting the gear sometimes. and forcing people to wear for resolve is sad...
    Kuulei likes this.
  11. Uncle Active Member

the shades adds need to be looked at for teh amount ofg ppl you have doing them it wseems a tad high or lower there combat mit to mor mageable level
  12. Gelenor Well-Known Member

For i am sure that this was all foretold in the 'Gospel of nerfs according to Errrorr':

"For it was not without the ongoing faith and recent guidance from Errrorr; that Gninja would have seen until now thoseT3 encounters as they truly are and had been. As so as it was, no longer it will be;

So blessed are those who have farmed before the changes, their upgrades remain and they will progress.
    And less blessed are the meek who follow and face a forever widening gap. It is for them that the changes have been truly made."
    Ashwind likes this.
  13. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

You think I wanted these mobs harder? Don't be silly.

I'm just passing on the info I got from Gninja when he asked me.
    Kuulei likes this.
  14. Arieva Well-Known Member

I'm going to have to agree with this. We tried this one tonight and while I admit we didnt have the ideal setup the adds seemed over the top unless only dps are going to get chosen to go into gray zone. We arent an Uber guild but we have killed every t3 prior to this last patch.

edited to add: Oh and is it just me or does the encounter all around seem to hit harder, even right from the onset?
  15. Gninja Developer

Nothing was changed in terms of how hard he/adds hits.
  16. Uncle Active Member

idk about hitting hard but we pulled it last night we wiped cause teh person goign into the middle said he could not get into the center and as we revived was up for 30 seconds we wiped again cause apartnt the player that was supost to be in the middle was suposely in there and he blew us up due to dying in the center iut was what i waould call epic script lagg