Epic pet still broken after update

Discussion in 'Mages' started by kiota, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Arieva Well-Known Member

Has anyone gotten comment by a dev on discord if the aggro on this thing is in fact a bug? There are certain fights like xalgoz where i just go back to the previous pet because the epic one is unmanageable.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

No - and it's not a bug, its's a bad feature

The old pet had its own aggro management and the possibility to skill a position deaggro every 6 seconds (10 AA Summoner Tree - Minor's Attention )
    Now the damage is counted to the character without above deaggro.

Very easy: It results in much more aggro on the character itself
  3. Arieva Well-Known Member

That's ridiculous if its working as intended. Summoners have had split aggro since the beginning of the game. If they are doing this because they want us to have more aggro problems because of our damage potential fine but an entire aa line needs reworking because of it. Symbiosis is useless on the epic pet. The positional pet deaggro is useless on the epic pet. And ironically we are forced to go down this line for the 24 position dehate for ourselves for the epic pet....cmon devs please give us some feedback on this
  4. Beee Well-Known Member

I noticed an additional Problem with fervor on Planeswalker:

Rising fervor by heartbound 30 Points seems to rise fervor of Planeswalker by 15 Points

Testing the old scoutpet shows the correct rise by 30 Points ( eg 0->30 = 30% more dps) just pet autoattack
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

Just got all fragments to upgrade Planeswalker to Ancient: It's really a nice boost. Plansewaker itself doubles the "autoattack" dps.

But Fervor still not works correct. As written above it seems a heartbound fervor rise of 30 (60->90.. or 18% ) rises dps of the pet by 9%
  6. Arieva Well-Known Member

I'm not 100% sure im understanding. Fervor doesnt effect autoattack beee. You see less gains on the epic pet from fervor because auto attack damage on old pet was for all intents and purposes 0.. therefore increases in fervor were straight across gains. The epic pets "new" ability damage output is only half its parse and that part is the only one seeing fervor increases.

What i do want to know is if autoattack stats like wdb or base auto attack boosts still incorrectly sharing to pets because I know some geomancer level 10 swarms that are hitting for a heck of a lot more than i think they are supposed to be
  7. Beee Well-Known Member

About 20% of Planeswalker is piercing.. This should be the non effected value from Fervor. But the funny thing is EVERYTHING is effected and about 9% better when Fervor should rise the Output by 18%
  8. Arieva Well-Known Member

I just did some testing with a training dummy and 10 minute parses. Autoattack portion of epic pet shows no discernible difference for me with varying values of fervor. It was tested 100% with item based fervor however, not heartbound

However I would like to ask what is with the random hits of cold damage on the Planeswalker. The rest is piercing but sprinkled into the parses are cold hits that are hitting for about 1/3 the amount of the piercing. Working as intended?

I tried parses with my own wand with and without an elemental damage modifier on the spell weapon. No difference. I am an elementalist, should it matter.
  9. semisus Does not play this game

Can we please have the epic pet having their own agro! im rippin from raid geared tanks and only have 1 spell for agro ( useful anyway ) which 1 position every 30 secs, and yes i have dehate adornments on.
  10. Ashandra Well-Known Member

At least when we had a resets our 1 positional was up more , agro sucks now we have a pet with 100% amends permanently buffed to it.
  11. Arieva Well-Known Member

The 24 position dehate is worth having though it makes me sad I have to waste so many aa points on aa's that are completely useless to the pet I have up 99%of the time. I suggest u guys look into it
  12. Morphius Member

Epic Still Broken? If you are parsing the way you should be with your new pet, I wouldn't make a whole lot of waves.
    Make do with a few shortcomings and be happy that you are now owning All scouts and pushing Beastlords to the mark.

As far as Tanks go? If you are pulling agro, they aren't doing their job. Agro is a tank's problem, not dps or heals.
    I was pulling agro from our tank until I got him off his *** to help him get his Epic and all the goodies that go with it and bring his epic spells to ancient level. Now? The highest I get is about 30 on the agro meter. He now holds agro with no problem.

I don't even have Ethershadow Assassin (The One Button Push FTW) and I still dominate the parse. Mostly due to my new epic pet. Even if some of his abilities are broken.
  13. Nero Active Member

Respectfully disagree. Even the best played tank will still lose aggro to a BL or Conjy or other DPS class pushing billions of DPS right off the get go. Hell, people will still rip aggro even a minute or more into the fight if they spike high enough.

I cannot tell you how much I disagree with your statement. Aggro is in fact everyone's responsibility. It is up to the tank to ensure that he is staying alive and temping, in addition to doing their best holding aggro. It is up to the DPS to coordinate with their utility if they know that a large spike is coming. Verse and Shout works great for those purposes.

If all else fails, and someone really feels the need to whip out their ******, least they could do is give the tank some heads up so that I can throw an intercept their way, and maybe a smart healer could throw a few well times ST wards/reactives.

All i'm saying is that aggro is not just the tank's problem... far from it actually.
    Meneltel likes this.
  14. Melt Actually plays the game

Can't DPS if you're dead. Aggro is everybodies problem, even healers.
    Meneltel likes this.
  15. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

The issue is that right now a tank has to be overgeared from his dps players and perfect in AA and play in order to hold aggro.

People say dps need to manage hate. Well guess what. I have 1 deaggro on a long cooldown. I have my -hate as high as I can reasonably make it. And you know what? This expansion is FULLLLLLL of scripts that require hitting as hard as you can when you look at heroic content.

so it's like, 'hey, you need to hit this mob as hard as you can for a sustained period of time. AND you have to watch your threat. It's counterintuitive and very frustrating at times.

Luckily, I mostly run heroic dungeons with super healers who can allow me to tank or my buddy the super tank who never allows me to get over 50 even when ripping away at my best stuff.
  16. Beee Well-Known Member

Aggro is always the problem of the tank... if you have aggro, you are the tank o_O
    Meneltel, Iglu and DoomDrake like this.
  17. Melt Actually plays the game

Roll a wizard, we don't generate aggro
    DoomDrake likes this.
  18. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

Nah, I like playing a toon that rewards my efforts.
  19. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

True dat! - who have agro is teh tank (always been that way) :D
    I am actually happy that this will stop constant talks that BLs are OP let summoners have their day :D
  20. Lithinor Member

if aggro is an issue, stop attacking or stop being lazy and work your class better