Why is it always HoF

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Asfera, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Asfera New Member

Feels like all i ever see or read is how Halls of fate is down. This happens to be the only server i play on and also started on it when it was Toxxullia back in 2006....

Why is this server crashing the most. I feel like I's throwing a month sub away as well as a complete waste of $127 on an Xpack.......
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Whew; I thought it was just me...tried getting in by selecting a character from the Character Select screen that I got booted to that Screen on while zoning on HoF. Didn't work. Quit completely, came back in. Tried picking him from the drop-down menu on the Launchpad. Didn't work. Quit completely, came back in and just hit the big green PLAY button. Went to find him on the Character Select screen. Non-existent, apparently (not even a blocked name in red), and I suddenly now have new character slots available, which I didn't before. :-/

WHERE. IS. MY. TOON?

Uwk
    who will try yet again, and this time look for all the other HoF toons on Character Select... :-/
  3. Tillamook Member

Here I thought it was me.. only to find out it was you DB... If your going to merge the server I am on at least get me on one that is up 90% of the time. Sigh looks like I won't helping my guild mates get their epics..
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Krool-Guk New Member

This server was also once "Guk". Unfortunately, you have been merged into THE server that has had the most issues since 2004 - bar none. Day 1, Guk was down more than any other. And that pattern has continued ever since.

Welcome to Guk!
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

EDIT: I am missing 13 characters, basically ALL of Halls of Fate. What happened, o Powers?

No red, "server down" name versions, no nothing. Gone. X-P
  6. Krool-Guk New Member

They will come back, when the servers come back up.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Lovely! Nice amount of choice in the matter... X-P

On the other hand, misery loves company. ;->

Uwk
    "No wonder Hell is so full."
  8. Asfera New Member

The issue i have is if this server is having the most issue stop merging into it and TRANSFER all toons off it into a more stable server!!!! Its getting old that the two days i have off each week Sunday and Monday tend to be the days with the most server outages.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, it might also be an issue of "overwork" on the servers right before bringing down a major holiday. But I couldn't imagine Halls of Fate being a more populated server than Antonia Bayle? On the other hand, all AB had "consolidated" into it were the poor folks from Sebilis ("No, you can't use special characters." "You do remember that we're coming in from JAPAN, right?!"), probably for geography reasons. :-/

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  10. Wimble Active Member

Is the server still down? the customer service message on forum has gone...?
  11. Finora Well-Known Member

Halls of Fate has been more populated that AB for a while now. Even has a better round the clock population usually (which surprised me).
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! Me too... ;->

Uwk
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Try again; I was finally able to get in last night/early this morning, after I noticed the message was gone. :)

Good luck! :D

Uwk
  14. Steelviper Active Member

Lot more populated than Antonia Bayle, last time I've been on AB about Summer last year, it looked more like a ghost town not unlike what Nagafen used to be before the hammer came down. Can't imagine AB now being more poplated than before, and yes Halls of Fate is one of most populated servers, so the strain can be rather big.
  15. Finora Well-Known Member

I also think the servers that merged to form it got merged onto the old Everfrost server which at one point we called Evercrash.
  16. Dude Well-Known Member

Why you gotta hassle the HoF?
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh, we're not; the Powers are, apparently. ;->

Uwk
    who had made Gold toons on Everfrost in all innocence, and Silvers on Guk... :-/
    Dude likes this.