Troub Epic Buff

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Fozziex, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Fozziex Active Member

Why are we getting punished for using a raid wide buff?
    Adding a root and daze to this is beyond ridiculous.
    I don't know about any other class buffs, but there should not be punishment effects on epic spells/buffs, that just doesn't seem right to me.
    Not to mention, the buff is hardly special anyway, why make it worse and punish the troub for using it.
    Suggestion for improvement? Either remove it all together, or remove that aspect of it when you reach master +.
    Same for any other classes what suffer a penalty by using their buffs/spells.
    Ykysh likes this.
  2. Arieva Well-Known Member

I think the daze can be worked around but the root can be pretty punishing when the higher level of the ability is nearly 30 seconds.
  3. Ykysh New Member

I'm fine with root part, using it requeres skill at timing and positioning but daze have antisynergy for all troubs who choose geomancer ascension and using terrene destruction ability. Using epic this temps together stuning troubs for 14-30 seconds.
  4. Entropy Well-Known Member

The buff is "hardly anything special"? Huh?

I heard raid wide DPS boosts were pretty good. Confirm [yes/no]?
  5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

No epic should be detrimental to the caster, it's just wrong.

Remove the root at very least on this ability. Surely it goes against all Lore and history of bards to make them stand still. If anything, only make the buff work if they are moving round...
  6. Arieva Well-Known Member

I think it should just be removed..bards have to go through enough positional hoops on certain aa choices.
  7. wiouxev2 Active Member

Maybe this will be an unpopular opinion but having disadvantages on spells allow them to be more creative and "Overpowered" with the effects.

You get an overpowered effect with a downside. If you can work around the downside (challenge/creativity) you get an OP result. The defiler buff is an INSANE boost to DPS.. but their hate gain is increased by 100%. Lore wise this makes sense, and if you can manage the hate, you get a huge payoff. Personally I think it's fun and I'm glad some abilities are like that.

Compare the offensive temp buffs brawlers get.

Bruisers get 70% DR along with fervor and fervor overcap to their 40 second duration ability. This is INSANE and can basically make them the best tank BY FAR as long as the mechanics dont require them to move or they dont mess up and accidentally move.

Monks get slightly bigger fervor and fervor overcap on their 40 second temp, and 10% permanent DR on their second ability.

Its a trade off. Its fun, IMO.
  8. Arieva Well-Known Member

I cant think of anything fun about not being able to move on a positionally dependent archtype like a scout.
    Errrorr likes this.
  9. Entropy Well-Known Member

Troubs are not brigands, who have a ton of backstabs and would indeed be sad if they couldn't move.

Also, spells vs CA. Troubs have some of each. Depending on ascension choice, perhaps mostly spells, at least for stuff that matters. Oh, and the only CA you have that hits hard is castable at range.

Root is more annoyIng when a script requires you to shuffle or suffer death or failure effects, not because you "might be out of CA range if the tank moves it".

I humbly request someone make a list of "troubadour CAs that are endgame relevant that would be hampered if I was rooted out of melee range".

It's almost like people prefer to prejudge stuff before trying it out and seeing how it actually plays out.
  10. Arieva Well-Known Member

Again I get to remind the raiders that its not all about raiding. The ability was given at the conclusion of a heroic questline. In the heroic content this xpac there are an abundance of fear, knock, and ports on a large portion of named encounters. An ability that has a duration at higher tiers of around 30 seconds (really only likely to be useful to full duration on named encounters) isn't very conducive with these types of mechanics.

But to answer your question, 5 meter range Dancing blade for the combat mit reduction :p That's about it but just because the endgame raiding troubs don't use the rest, doesn't mean a lot of playerbase follows suit. Folks don't like abilities that don't allow them to use half their buttons in certain situations.

Do I think troubs got a bad unusable ability? No not at all. Much better than what some got in that it is raidwide for those that raid. I just think the choice of making the ability root the bard was a poor one.
    Brienae likes this.
  11. Fairin Active Member

1. daze does not, and will not effect your dps. at all (daze prevents melee auto attack thats it)
    2. root sucks. but you can click it off early if you gotta move for some reason
    3. no combat art outside of spamming for VC is nessary, you can still parse very high using ranged spells only. they however do fill in the gaps nicely
    4. do not draw attention to this ability or we'll get something like 8% uncontested dodge to go with the dirges parry.
    5. @entropy your combat arts as requested, the other "combat arts" i.e. evade / vexing / singing / manuvers, can be ranged
    Sandra's Deafning Strike (mana drain melee strike)
    Dancing Blade (flanking Combat Mit debuff)
    Ceremonial Blade (pure dmg)
    Night Strike (Flanking Stealth only attack)
    * AA's *
    Bump (flanking +stealth attack)
    TurnStrike (personal AoE prevent)
    RoundBash (high damage strike)
    rhythm blade (self acc + resistablity buff)

@Arieva just let your friends know you can't move for the duration, and they'll bring mobs to you,
    there is one mob where fear is an issue. (arcanne spire earth boss) Honorable mention to trash in shrouded temple.
    there is one mob where stun is an issue. (barons workshop first boss)
    i cant think of a boss that knocksback. besides fail conditions on the sword n shield (workshop)
    only gozer ports in stronghold.
    the trash in cabilis / stronghold are the ones casting RIFT - interrupt it / kill the warlocks first that does the knockback/knockup
    as a raiding troub i use all my combat arts. i neglect vexing and singing shot fairly often however.
    Brienae likes this.
  12. Ykysh New Member

Did you count how many procks lost in 30 seconds without autoattack, 1 autoattack hit can prock Jcap 4 times on solo target.
    Also there ascension buff which increase base autoattack multipler by 84 times more with stifle penalty, and obliviously all troubs who using geomancer ascension want use this buff with cb overcap from epic spell but daze prevent it.
    http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/428277883
  13. Alakazou Member

My troub has his Fervor group buff to journeyman and since yesterday it does not add up in my fervor stats... anyone has same issue?
  14. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Daze actually hurt DPS extremely bad - you will NOT proc you fervor or reset or double cast rune... Fervor actually worst
  15. Entropy Well-Known Member

Please don't spread misinformation. It can obviously proc from spells/CAs. Autoattack just happens to be better than average CA at proccing it.
  16. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

You just proving my words - autoattack much better for proc of eth runes
  17. Entropy Well-Known Member

No, you said "you will NOT proc". As in, it will never happen. Most people know how this stuff works, but don't assume everyone understands game mechanics. You can easily confuse new or unassuming players.

Oh, and btw, the best to proc the runes is from ascension nukes anyway.
  18. Brienae Active Member

Last night some of my group members pointed this out after I had zoned out and back for something. After cancelling the buff and reapplying, it worked as intended. It might be a bug the not keeping fervor up with zoning but it's a quick fix.
  19. Fairin Active Member

if daze prevented 100% of my combat procs (which it doesnt) i would loose out on 50m dps (abouts) average, a rough7 or 8% loss overall

i don't even have a 100 fervor rune so i can't relate to that not procing, reset rune does not work for bards, and doublecastrune doesn't proc on melee hits.
  20. Fairin Active Member

XD i finally got my 100 fervor rune tonight...hooray 1m plat and 4 kronos was the price ... =\