New Hydra helm

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by semisus, Feb 10, 2017.

1. semisus Does not play this game

Hello with new public quest we can now get a nice hydra helm , the problem is it that its relic and for the most heroics/raiders already have the relics in chest/legs/wrist etc , can you possibly consider making it non relic?
    You could make it so we can trade the relic version for a lesser one with 17 resolve like the other 2 pq items
    Also can you consider putting 3 fervor on it? like the duck helm/old raid one has
  2. Udonn Active Member

With this addition, the above suggestions are good, and I'd add one more. Increase the amount of relics we can wear by 1 or 2. Non-relic would be nice, like the sword from JW, or the charm from Fens.
  3. Wurm Well-Known Member

Put some mit on the fighter helm and I might even think about using it.
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I'm guessing it's an item aimed at helping casual players better prepared for heroics.

Unless you can clear T2 heroics frequently for the BP/Legs then it's a very nice item.

I'd leave it as it is, although a non relic appearance version would be nice!
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  5. Krumble Member

I'd like to see a rare item (or craft-able item with a really rare component) that lets you remove the relic tag from a piece of gear.
    Wurm and Udonn like this.
  6. semisus Does not play this game

Thats why i suggested being able to trade it for a non relic version , the people without bp/legs etc will still wear this and the rest of us will also be rewarded for a non relic version , and when that person without bp/legs etc gets other relics he can also trade his relic hydra helm for a non relic version
    I dont see any harm in this.
  7. kluxor Well-Known Member

I vote add 3 fervor on this helm. Not game breaking and makes it better than bp/legs/jewelry. As is stands now, its just an inferior piece of armor that won't even be worn by too many people
  8. Gninja Developer

If you want the appearance you can put it in wardrobe if you want and use the appearance without the relic restriction.
  9. xkrisx Well-Known Member

Oh.. so spend more money to achieve something that shouldn't be an issue to begin with. Great Answer sir.
    Or you can go run old content and get the original version from Sirens Grotto or whatever the zone was called.
  10. Tajar Well-Known Member

Wardrobe function came with KA, so where does extra money come into that?
    Snikkety likes this.
  11. Melt Actually plays the game

I still love the dev response to people complaining about relic slots... "give us more slots!" "Or, you could make choices. How the system is made for you to."
    Mermut likes this.
  12. Anzark Member

Adding 3 fervor would make it just right imo!
    DoomDrake likes this.
  13. Vorvon Member

The only issue with this is that every time you zone, you need to re-equip it in an app slot because it gets moved to your overflow. Every single time. LOL
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

Put it in your wardrobe, rather the appearance slot. Problem solved.
  15. Hest01 Member

Sorry but this all sort of makes me chuckle. Yes the helm is relic and relative easy to get even if it is RNG. So now that people have it, but realize they dont want to switch out other relic gear for it... They either want it buffed up or they want to be able wear more relic gear?

This is all about choices. A casual player that got this helm probably would not hesitate to equip and use it. I don't think the intent here was to make raid helms obsolete.

You put 5 feror on it and this helm instantly becomes BIS. Not exactly the place I think an item gotten in a PQ should be. And yes, I think that about the charm too.

Risk vs. Reward hardly exists here and a lvl 95 hitting a trash mob once then going afk rest of fight and getting helm hardly makes for a good argument to make this a desirable item outside casual players and appearance.
  16. Ucarenyes Member

hmm... A casual player already got enough 10 relic armor with chests and regretting buying that relic wrist. This one is welcomed, add into some sadness, to make the 8 trash to 9.
  17. Grawl Member

I'm not sure if this was asked and/or responded to in the forums, so pardon me if I'm repeating here...

Are there any NPC's or plans in making the Hydra helms that TANKS get actually change to tank stats?
    Otherwise it seems very unfair for them to be there.
    Yes you could also argue that the Sword of the Iksar Hero is the same because it has no tank stats on it.
    Nor did the Greenmist signature sword....
  18. Iceane New Member

Remove the Relic tag.
  19. Slappywhite Member

Make everything better and easier please. Thanks. /s
    Hest01 likes this.