Make the burnt key part of the key quests.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Wurm, Feb 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wurm Well-Known Member

Remove the AFK rewarding, remove the timer. Remove the OF1 only requirement.

As it is right now, it has become exceedly hard to zone into Obulus Frontier 1 during the day since everywhere you look there are afk players.

Please make the burnt key part of the key quests as a rare RNG reward that can occur while doing the key quest.

That way it won't matter what zone the players are in for them to get a chance at the burnt key, and it will remove the AFK players making life hard on those of us who are actually playing the game.
    Mizgamer62, Febrith and Mermut like this.
  2. Ansom Active Member

Yep... on Thurgadin OF1 is full most of the time.. is pretty much impossible harvest rare :oops:
  3. Joolsg New Member

I agree, make it need an effort.
    So many BOT groups and AFK standing there.
    Also, make it a once only quest given the PP available.
  4. Ansom Active Member

lol, people don't even need BOT grp... just multi account...
  5. Febrith Well-Known Member

Since the news got about that the keys are tied only to OF1 you absolutely can't get in that zone at any time of the day or night on Thurgadin - it's bad enough that the rares are linked to OF1 only and now this! It's beyond frustrating.
    Mizgamer62, Mermut and Ansom like this.
  6. Wurm Well-Known Member

Most annoying is I'd like to go do other things, but since I got lucky enough to make it into OF1 this morning I'm staying there.

You guessed it, killing slugs and harvesting rares.
  7. Nkito Well-Known Member

I generally don't like the feeling that my time is better spent rotating through timers on solo stuff than grouping for heroic, and this would be another push in that direction.

That being said, the burnt key is intended to be a solo reward so the above suggestion is better than the current implementation. Would rather it be tied to something on a daily timer though, to reduce the side effect of people running them religiously at the expense of grouping.
  8. Entropy Well-Known Member

1) It's not OF1 only. People have received it in other instances of OF.

2) AFK'ing does not get you a key. It appears that you have to either be doing a quest or have recently done one.

This is from collected reports, looking at how the vast majority of people have received them. It's hard to get a large sample size since it's an infrequent (6? 12? probably random somewhere in there) hour timer.

So please chill with the "AFK in OF1" and getting sad when it doesn't happen for you... because it won't.
    Gninja and Snikkety like this.
  9. Ansom Active Member

Are you sure about 1?
  10. Wurm Well-Known Member

Sorry I disagree. People have gotten them while afk. Thats a fact. Also no one has yet reported getting one in any other instance than OF1, so I ask you to be the one who "chills".

And regardless, my idea is the better solution. Period.
  11. Kaarkula Active Member

I'm getting the feeling that Gninja is telling some people you can't get a key from afking.. yet others are saying they can :p
  12. Azian Well-Known Member

FWIW, there was at least one player in discord yesterday asserting that they definitely HAD gotten a key in OF2.
  13. RadarX Community Manager

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.