Launchpad saying unable to connect

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Aeryinae, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Shortmid New Member

It's my fault. I just subscribed, then exited the game to relog in. then I wasn't able to, sorry.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Thand Well-Known Member

It might be conenction relatate for example since the starting about 2 months ago I have been rarly to connect to the patch server at 1 in 50 on statalite, before that i was able to conneect every 2 or 3 times to patch. and when i do connect it patched liek 20 megs than quits. I am guying that f you bandwidth Both aways goes below a certain definedlevel it assumes you have a bad connections and will nto connect Maybe thier timeout is set to low, as i do not have trouble with other games and programs patching. If i switch to my phone(expensive in data) it patcheds just fine. Once patch that game plays well on either
  3. Braxlin Member

Tried getting around Launchpad not working by using Everquest2 Application; the error message popped up "EQ2 has detected unrecoverable error must shut down blah blah blah. Failed to Create zone. Suggestion: Please do a full scan from the patcher." ...o_O
  4. Thand Well-Known Member

I have been unable tp patch on either satalight or cell phone for weeks. maybe it doe snot like eth compreson those two two of connectiosn try to do. It Did not used to be a problem. When i draged my entire computer to my friends hows it patches fine. But i cant be doing that every patch
  5. Corisu Member

hours later... still can't log in.... hope they fix it soon
  6. babettelabete New Member

This is beyond lame. Every single week, there is an issue. Are you really trying to deliberately shut down the game because you are unhappy and overburdened at your job? Because it seriously appears as such. Lack of communication is a given but can anyone remember the last time Holly tweeted anything? Seems to me she might actually be job hunting!

And before anyone says to bypass launcher using everquest2.exe - I cannot do this because I get an error saying my version does not match the server and tells me to use the launcher.

"Who's on first?"
  7. Loner New Member

I was all set to buy the latest Expansion today and a few other things, I dont see that happening anytime soon.:(
    Meneltel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Kataraa New Member

I am usually the most patient person in the world, but even I have reached my point of frustration with this game! I really think we, as players, need to take a stand and make a point. If we all went free-to-play for ONE MONTH I bet they would actually FIX the dang thing! pick a start date and spread the word in chat...
  9. Lenanu Member

Fixing codes isn't a simple thing. Trust me I've taken programming and its a nightmare trying to find where the coding is wrong or conflicting or who knows what. Rushing them will only make things worse, NEVER better.
  10. babettelabete New Member

Many, like myself, took advantage of the bargain one-year all-access membership last year, so we are SOL. That said, when time comes to renew, I highly doubt there will be many who would be willing to fork over any money for a game which is severely diminished in ALL aspects. Maybe at that time, they will finally decide to fix everything just in time before these memberships expire.

That, or then game will be shut down by then because it's where the developers seem to be moving since the release of KA.
  11. babettelabete New Member

Oh so very tired of all these DBC apologists. You are not convincing anyone.
  12. Malbro New Member

Not just the launchpad, but the forums also. I had to try 3 times to log on here.

Just tried the work around and it wouldn't connect. Yep, looks like it's hosed.

I keep getting log in rejected: invalid user name and/or password and that's crap.
  13. RadarX Community Manager

Specifically yes it's authentication that is being impacted. All services are up but logging in appears to be impacted. We'll continue to update you guys if necessary but we are hoping for a quick resolution.
  14. Grouse Active Member

Xegony must be watching over me. everquest2.exe is working without problems on my system.
  15. Malbro New Member

EQ2 just quit working and now I can't log in again. You all have something seriously wrong/broken.
  16. Billzbub Active Member

I guess that didn't pan out.
  17. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

I've done mission critical programming/design/analysis etc. Release bugs happen, and they always got fixed 'yesterday'.

But were the frequency of problems up to the January-February level of Daybreak's, people would get fired. Or I should say, I've seen small departments pink slipped for less.

And I find it mildly alarming that it's a security issue. Again.

Someone persistently trying to break in?

18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm; thought that's why Smed left us, to go hacker-hunting up in Finland or something. :-/

Uwk
  19. Kroog New Member

Still having login issues, both on the launcher and then once the launcher loads after clicking Play.
  20. sonoske Active Member

this is beyond out of control at this point.. you have paying customers that are constantly dealing with launchpad and log in issues.. i mean what are we paying for at this point? services of not being able to play when we would like to? please guys can we get this under control again what are we paying for?