Stealth Change to Reavers Remnants [Challenge]

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Quigly, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Quigly Active Member

Was it intentional that the named now all have roughly 80% more hp? Not sure when exactly this changed as it had been several days since last run but it is definitely sometime after January 18th.

At that time, named had between 200-250 billion hp and they now have 375-450 billion hp.

EDIT: hahaha and the boss x2 now has 1 trillion hp and has to be killed in 7.5 minutes.
  2. Gninja Developer

Checking into it. As far as I know it was not intended.
  3. Gninja Developer

Looks like the first 4 bosses getting upped in health is intended. The last boss was supposed to be buffed as well but not quite that much. Will get a change in for it.
  4. Flamace Active Member

So for the last month you change (nerf) dps output, now you up the hit points in an already time consuming and challenging zone?
  5. Quigly Active Member

Thank you for confirming.

I just wish the purpose behind changes like this were communicated. These named already took several minutes to kill and the rewards seemed appropriate for the difficulty. Now the fights are not really any more difficult, but they take much longer and it feels more tedious /shrug.
  6. Gninja Developer

Average fight length on bosses in there was under 2 minutes with final boss taking, on average, about 4min. Part of the challenge of these fights is being able to survive the mechanics for multiple rounds. If they are being killed in under 2min that's only a round or two of abilities and that defies the intention.
  7. Quigly Active Member

Ahh -- well thank you for the further clarification. When we started in there, fights were taking around 10 minutes and we were able to get that down to around 5-6 minutes (it's now back to about 10 minutes). This is with a purely heroic geared group with apprentice/journeyman level ascension abilities. We have almost all the armor pieces from this zone and bout half the charms so the upgrades from this zone are relatively minimal for us at this point (though we haven't been able to kill the final named yet so not sure what he drops).

Just seems odd that the zone is being retuned for players that must have even better gear than we do and thus have no use for the items dropping in the zone.
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  8. Kaarkula Active Member

9. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

First, I'd like to say that if average boss kill time is the thing being used for balance, that seriously needs to be looked at as the benchmark. It is a bad idea. There are so many things that could affect average kill time. For one example, were all of the kills recorded during Ethershadow Assassin insanity used in this number? Would make it VERY different from right now. Were numbers included prior to the crit nerf? Also a HUGE difference.

I'd love to know where these averages are coming from. I would say most guilds still shy away from doing this zone consistently, so the average will be skewed to show what only the top end guilds are doing. Essentially, this boost made it so that my guild, which was getting to a point of being able to consistently attempt challenge zones is now set back, yet again. Just like we were set back in our raid progression when the crit changed happened. And look at my gear. It's not like I'm going to miraculously find anything any time soon that will jump me from what I can do now to double or triple what I do now. Unless epic 2.0 fabled version is really THAT good.

My guild has some very solid players, but when we were in the normal version of Reavers the other night, the fights seemed to take forever.

I know that there are guilds out there who have multiple people who can do 1bil dps in an encounter. But I probably average 200mil in KA heroics with some being higher (up over 500mil) and some lower (100mil in some place like the last boss of Shrouded) depending on the script of the fight and the makeup of the group. And most people I have grouped with are either at those numbers or pretty far under them(with more being under than close). Only 2 people currently in my very active casual raid guild are consistently ahead of that. And with those types of encounter dps numbers, very few of the boss fights in any of the zones feel easy. Doable, yes. Smooth, most of the time. But so easy that I would want them to be more difficult? No. Especially in the normal version where the loot is rarely an upgrade.

Most guilds do not have players who have paid for their ascension spells to be higher than journeyman. Most guilds do not have multiple people doing 500mil and up dps. These changes hurt more people than they are 'balanced' for. For every group that now has to do an extra round of the encounter, many more have the door slammed shut against completion of the task.
    DoomDrake and Kojacke like this.
  10. Orthogonal New Member

It seems like most raiding guilds are the one that are clearing this dungeon. Of course the time will be skewed since you won't see pugs in heroic gear without ethereal clearing any mob in here. So with that said, is this place intended only for raiders? Just not seeing how a heroic group will get through this place now.
  11. Rougez Active Member

I'd be interested in the percentage of people clearing this zone compared to the rest of the heroics. It is quite frustrating to find out about these kinds of changes via ACT instead of patch notes. Why haven't the other heroic zone HP's be increased, cause those fights last maybe 15-30 seconds unless they have some type of script.
  12. kluxor Well-Known Member

Wish there were more challenge type zones out there where you need to be pretty beast to complete them. All the other zones are quite trivial after a certain point. Maybe in the future they'll add more tough ones like this that arennt cleared on day 1 of an expansion
  13. Orthogonal New Member

Challenging zone is fine. However, risk vs reward needs to be in line. The dps check on the final boss in CM is now tougher than any T1 raid fight. Yet the CM loot falls between heroic and T1 raid except for a few outlying pieces.

Rough math put a trillion dmg in 7 1/2 minutes requires approximately 2.2 billion dps. Thats quite a dps check to be asking from a heroic group, especially those without ethereal.

Want to keep the difficulty in its current iteration? Fine, bump the loot up to fall between T1 and T2 raid.

Also, things are being cleared so quickly can be partly blamed on ethereals and its massive boost in dps. That however is another story, and another adjustment for another time.
  14. Malleria Well-Known Member

Yea, tbh should change the zone name to Challenge Raid if you're going to require that kind of DPS check, because it's way out of reach of heroic players.
    Snikkety likes this.
  15. Revel Well-Known Member

For who? Groups with 2 or 3 raid geared Beastlords? Now its going to be even more difficult to get together a group for this zone unless you're a high end T1 dps.
  16. Fairin Active Member

my groups that clear this zone are 1 healer 1 bard(me) that tanks. and 4 BL/assassin. with hammers and fervor runes final boss can be a complete pain with putting the curse on her target making all our dps joust or die.

while i love the challenge, but her gear is not at all worth doing it for - make it 17 resolve and we'll be more interested in running

previously she required 1.5 billion dps to beat, thats healer doin 50m tank doing 100m and 4 other classes making up the 1.35b damage between them while dealing with joust mechanics, i've never successfully did this zone with a fighter as getting specific dps with ire-dread and fervor runes can be a pain sometimes for gear we'll just sell / salvage.