Please drop 100 trade skill requirement from Epic 2.0

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by DoomDrake, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Coriel Active Member

If you want to obtain your epic 2.0, then do what the designers of the quest line deemed fit. If you don't, well then don't. Suggesting a change that makes the quest "easier" in your eyes devalues the achievement of actually completing the epic for many other players. Players that are competitive enough to put in sufficient effort.

There has been plenty of prewarning that crafting will be(come) essential to the competitive adventurer: The secondary from the ToT questline had superior stats. (EA proc made it not worth equipping, but that's a different story.) The KA crafting cloak is BIS. Noone should act surprised that the epic timeline includes crafting.
    Thilka likes this.
  2. Shmogre Well-Known Member

There was a thread back in mid-December from someone who wanted to get their cloak...it had a lot of good input about crafting, including a "get me my cloak ASAP" post. Lots of good ideas and suggestions in there for folks who are either being required to level and want to get through it, as well as those who tried the crafting thing and decided it was worth looking into a bit more.

Thread:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/help-me-make-and-lvl-a-crafter-plz.575006

"Get me my cloak ASAP" post:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ke-and-lvl-a-crafter-plz.575006/#post-6400038
    DoomDrake and Beee like this.
  3. Cragfire Well-Known Member

I'm not happy I had to do it, and I do have PTSD from pressing 4, 5, and 6 for hours.. but there were a few nice perks from finishing the KA tradeskill line.
    • The Cloak, of course...
    • Twark Teleportation Totem, super awesome...
    • 2 free blank runes, crafting weekly, takes 5 minutes...
    • House Plant, 1 free random rare resource, daily...
    • Goblin Merc, crazy strong...
    Beee, Febrith and Shmogre like this.
  4. Febrith Well-Known Member

I totally get the point about crafting not being called for in the previous epic quest line - I remember, I was there, and I got my epics and myths the hard way i.e. when they were current (apart from later alts ofc). Does that mean to say the Devs aren't "allowed" to make changes the second time around?
    And supposing they grant your wish and remove the crafting component - does that mean I can ask them to remove the Othmir faction component for my four priests? The mages their Bastion of the Tranquil requirement, scouts their Order of Rime faction etc etc - until we all get something removed that we don't like cos it's "boring" and we hate it?
    It is what it is so I'm just getting on with it tbh.
    Malleria likes this.
  5. Tekka Well-Known Member

Most of the time in situations like this you get a lot of these answers, though not necessarily verbatim:

I don't mind banging my face on the game, so it shouldn't bother you.

I didn't think it was that difficult/time consuming to do it, so why is it a problem for you?

It's a poorly thought out requirement that serves no purpose, but I wasted my time on it, so instead of speaking up for something meaningful, I'll just add my voice to the - I'm willing to settle for inferior... why aren't you?
    captainbeatty451, Alenna and Whiomaju like this.
  6. Whiomaju Member

Sure. I can do the Tradeskill line on one toon, I can do tons of greyed out pre-requisits... on one toon. But I am not going to do the Epic 2 quest lines on my alts. It's not fun, it's mindnumbing and souldestroying. All the grey/previous content simply makes me question my sanity for wasting my life on such nonsense. I believe a lot of players feel like me (judging from talk within the guild and in general chat).

No viable alts will kill this game as it is in effect a reduction of the player base, something that the game can simply not afford at this point.

Playing an exciting and fun game is one thing. Torturing yourself through endless, mindless, repetitive borefest quests is not where the enjoyment is, at least not for me. I find the pre-requisit heavy approach to the Epic 2 perverse.
    DoomDrake and Denouement like this.
  7. Febrith Well-Known Member

I know what you mean entirely - and don't think I don't sympathise, of course I do - I have an army of Febs, quite a lot of them old characters that I love and won't stop playing - no matter how unpopular their class at any given moment. Granted they won't all get their epics anytime soon (f ever) but I'll do what I can when I can. My warden has been my main for 10 years and I still had to do things I didn't want to or never got around to (Greenmist/Othmir for example) but I did them anyway and I will on my alts until it's no longer fun then I shant do it any longer. I don't raid anymore so I'm not compelled to do the whole quest line - at the moment I'm very happy with my dogma charm and jewel - not having the epic won't make me a bad person to group with (unless it's a dungeon with a staircase in it but that's another story heh:)). Am I sad that my ranger and dirge have fallen off the epic landscape right now - yes! But it is what it is and I'm confident that ultimately DBG will help out with alts in someway e.g Epic Repercussions Pt II.
    Also, tbh I just don't find the pre-requisites that onerous I really don't. I'm actually enjoying re-visiting the old zones and don't find it mind numbing or soul destroying as you put it (though I really don't wanna do Othmir 3 more times on my other priests!) - I also realise that I might be in a minority with my point of view.
    Snikkety likes this.
  8. Melt Actually plays the game

I crafted my sage up to 100. Then I said never again. And then I main changed to a paladin. Then crafted to 100. And said never again. And now I rolled a beastlord and haven't played any of my other 9 100s in days. Send help.

My point is that crafting is not that bad. Yes, I hated it. I can see why you all do, because I was once in your shoes. Bottom line is simply if you want to do the epic 2.0, then you'll craft. End of story.
  9. semisus Does not play this game

I would much rather prefer it being commisionable even if the person doing the commision needs the recipe.
    I prefer adventure and crafting seperated , im a crafter and would much prefer if not everyone was a 100 crafter and i know of alot of people who dont craft who would much prefer not to do that.
    with amount of faction/old questing for these epic being a 100 crafter on top of all that will just make em quit.
    Juraiya, Alenna and DoomDrake like this.
  10. Beee Well-Known Member

It's no realy need to do EPIC 2.0.

But if you like your toon it allready has the crafter cloak (which is KA best in slot, much better than any ohter known cloak)
  11. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

First of all - I do appreciate advices of speeding in leveling of crafter. In any way this is a way how DayBreak promoting usage of Bot programs (kinda hypocritical approach if you ask me). Second - again similar hypocritical idea - why not introduce requirement of having at least 4 toons at level 100 before you could start Epic (each archtype)? seems logical to me - or at least as logical as requirement of leveling same char to level 100 of trade skill. Or I even have better idea - why not introduce requirement to have level 100 adorning and level 100 tinkering! for last step combine (aside of level 10 ascending) actually scratch that - requirement that char must have level 10 in all 4 ascending class seems to me equally reasonable idea .,,
  12. Melt Actually plays the game

You're taking this way out of hand. However, I wouldn't care if it was the way you described because vet bonus. I can already power a toon from 1-100 in 2 hours adventurewise. Because I put in the effort to attain max vet bonus. Crafting is NOT THAT BAD. Choose if you want the epic 2.0 or not, but don't try to change things just because you don't feel like taking the time to do it. And this isn't promoting bots. As much as I hate crafting, I level faster than bots.
  13. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Well it about as correct as saying there is no need for scout to have ethereal runes (at least 2) :D Unfortunate truth is - you either have them or you ballast for the group.
  14. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

You can buy 1 toon instant level to level 100 - I am not mind paying DBC for same option for TS. But I am speaking about completely different thing. There are sane and reasonable requirements and some not so much so. Let say this example - how you would look if say you been playing on carebears servers for like since inception of EQ1 but in order to keep performance you would forced doing PvP in order to compete char crucial quest? You do not like PvP never wanted it and that was a reason you played on carebear servers and never felt you want do PvP (in this realm anyway) - but suddenly boom! PvP become mandatory for char progression (and crucial one because I have gut feeling that Epic 2.0 weapon will crucial to have for progression as much as ethereal runes or even more)
    Meneltel likes this.
  15. Jabbso Active Member

So it was that bad?
    Tekka likes this.
  16. Melt Actually plays the game

Its boring, but literally took me 2 days with no hammer and no potions. That's really not long in the grand scheme of things. Probably took longer to GM all warders than it would to craft to 100.
  17. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

warders are different story :) but unlike TS you do not have to have all warders (I did all for **** and gigle but that is different story :))
  18. Cragfire Well-Known Member

2 days... but untold damage to ones soul.... (joking) :)
  19. Meneltel Well-Known Member

2 days isn't bad... but, remember, we are paying to have fun. If that isn't fun, why are we doing it? We only have so much limited time on this world, after all. Do I really want to spend some of that banging away at some craft when I'm not having fun? After all, I wont get that time back, EVER. At least IRL I get paid to do mindless, tedious tasks (called a job). But if I had to pay to do that?

Fun. We are here for fun, that is OUR bottom line. (Unless you are a plat farmer.)
    Juraiya, Whiomaju and DoomDrake like this.
  20. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

yeah 2 days = 48 hours of crafting aren't something that someone would call fun