BL and ascending type

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by DoomDrake, Jan 17, 2017.

1. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Folks can anyone enlight me what is better choice what is not so good choice - I have bad feeling that I did pick wrong class based on what I read before. My my current spec is Thaumatugist. Are any penalties for switching classes? Originally I though about either Etheralist (arcane damage) or Thaumatugist (nox) for sheer reason - mobs will be better debuffed
  2. Ashandra Well-Known Member

You would lose time if you swapped before level 10 as you get a bonus reduction to research that you have to do for each level 10 ascension you have.
  3. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

So basically once you get to level 10 you can flip between different classes easier?
  4. wiouxev2 Active Member

No, you can flip at any time - but once you reach 10 with any ascension, the XP required to level the next class is cut in half.
  5. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Ouch so you DO need level each ascend?
    So if you at level 10 flip from say Thaumatugist to Etheralist you will start from level 1 etheralist?!?!
  6. Entropy Well-Known Member

Yes, but each class you have to L10 gives you a 100% bonus XP modifier, similar to how max levels toons give adventure and crafting bonuses across the account. Very likely additive, not "half as much for each one", and probably toon-specific instead of account wide.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  7. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

After looking deeper into Thaumturgist I found its not THAT bad it looks at start but needed rather higher ranks to get better abilities
  8. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Basically - thaumaturgist will have 1 spell that remotely "could" be useful in raids
    sort of "verdict" - last 20 second once mob health goes down to 3% its HP will reduced down to 1HP - technically at level 10 Thaumtaugist "could" insta kill any raid mob at 3% health remain
    Karsa likes this.
  9. Karsa Active Member

pretty much ;)
    DoomDrake likes this.
  10. Protips Member

Don't worry, lv2 spell is always good (noted pay to save time and win early is still the case), septic strike is just as good as wildfire and levinbolt, and better than ethershadow assassin.
  11. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Anyone tested Virulent Outbreak at high quality? - I simply bought Septic to expert level (its not to expensive was 926 for adept and 926 for expert) and it seems nearly double damage of apprentice level of spell
  12. Moooony New Member

Shhhhh, you're going to get it nerfed.
  13. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Lol anyhow I do not see ppl massively converting themselves into thaumaturgists :)
    I am merely level 6 - so far 3 useful spells okey 3.5 may be
    a) 7% potency buff
    b) level 2 nuke that at expert level do respectable damage (after all clickies in :))
    c) level 6 encounter wide green AoE
  14. Vogie Active Member

At the end of the day you'll need to do all 4 to get the end reward, pick one level it to 10 and then choose another. Rinse and repeat until all 4 are done. From a dps stand point Etherealist was the go to but after the recent nerfs I can't say which is the "best" one for dps.
  15. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

well at least say something nice :D like Thaumaturgist now is capable of competing....