Suggestions for housing all alt apprentices in same house

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Zelless, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Ratza Well-Known Member

Mine are all in my main toon's house. I have named each apprentice the same name as the crafting toon. I then placed each one beside the crafting table for its TS class. I also placed each of their potted plants at their feet so I know what plant to click on each day to get my KA rare. I also have a harvest box and fuel box that I keep stocked. My main gave all my crafting toons trustee access in the house. In addition to the regular crafting tables that I purchased ages ago with status, I also have the forge from ToT and I have the holiday tables from Frostfell. Every crafter has the pack pony so lots of harvestables coming in each day - I also make sure they are sending their ponies out for holiday harvestables whenever there is a holiday event going on. (I too have the boxes for collectables, LnL, ammo, potions, food, adorns which I keep stocked). Make sure you have a spec on your crafters for mass production (helps when making potions, poisons, arrows, food, etc.) - and get the hands of the maker gloves.
    Prissetta and Katz like this.
  2. Caela Well-Known Member

Since my apprentices change clothes, I decided to remove some of the ones I don't check very often. I just left the ones that are level 100, plus my newest baby, so that left me with 7. (I will not ever do weaponsmith or armorer, I'm not messing up my girly hands...) I took out the apprentice and their uniform dummy. But the 7 remaining are still switching clothes.

I wonder if there is anything I can do to get them to stop borrowing each other's clothes....
  3. Lyyle Member

I have a bunch in one house. They are each placed next to a portal to the matching alt's house. To make it more fun and less confusing, each portal is enlarged to seem like a doorway into the house zone and decorated to enhance the illusion. In the middle I have "Simple" tradeskill stations for making the apprentice items (they complete with only one bar) and the various depots.

Since this is a central crafting location, I also have regular and Frostfell stations in other rooms.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

If they're all girls, then you're sort of stuck with the clothes borrowing. It's what they do.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

I have a crafting house I decorated & put up on the leaderboards for convenience. It has the exquisite or whatever they are crafting tables that work like the ones in the cities, all my various depots, most of my alt's & some family member's apprentices, a Frostfell room with those tables & some portal & buff items.

At some point I need to take it down to add some more apprentices & portal/buff items but I haven't gotten around to doing it yet. If you want to see what I've done its up on Halls of Fate (and another on Test server that is similar) as Apprentice Workshop.
    Prissetta and Shmogre like this.
  6. Zelless New Member

Thank you all so much for your replies. Busy, busy, busy
  7. Fleurs Active Member

Err.. I got only 3 apprentice, and it already is bugged, they always switch outfit...
  8. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Wow, they don't even need a large group to start swapping clothes...our apprentices are party animals!
    Prissetta likes this.
  9. Fleurs Active Member

Indeed, too bad, it was fun having my apprentice wearing the same armor than their respective owner.
    Shmogre and Prissetta like this.
  10. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

I rather like them swapping clothes, I have a lot of apprentices! So it is interesting to me to see what they are wearing each day, I just made sure each mannequin had an nice outfit on it.
    Shmogre likes this.
  11. Shmogre Well-Known Member

It is rather hilarious when the stout little Coldain guy ends up wearing the sexy purple and red halter-top combo (the formal artisan attire) that started out on my female apprentice. He kind of rocks it.
    Caela and Prissetta like this.
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Yeah, the clothes-swapping gets rather silly when the coldain get involved. I'm guessing they heard about Mum's past Bristlebane Day antics and decided to play along. :D

I have 20 normal apprentices in my crafting house, 9 heroic apprentices and 3 raid apprentices. I had them cluster around the proper equipment for their crafting class, dressed semi-appropriately, and named in a way I could remember which was whose. Then they started changing clothes. Then I moved, and they're really out of sync. At least only 10 of them have gardens, and I have those placed at the feet of the proper apprentices, but it is still a bit crazy. Hopefully it will be a bit better once the new place is properly decorated. I'm going to have to find a decorator to help, as I've run out of spoons, and the CoM place is HUGE.
    Prissetta and Shmogre like this.
  13. ziboo New Member

So that is normal? Ahhh. I wondered what they were all doing changing clothes randomly.
  14. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I have a tenebrous house that I bought and put all my alt's apprentices in there. They are all next to their own bookcase which holds their vender boxes, a market board to quickly check the broker, their plant from the new goblin quest, and a house actor dressed like the alt it belongs to that is set to say the name of the character so that people running through can catch which one they are looking for quickly. It's a pretty efficient system.

[IMG]
    Mizgamer62, Shmogre and Prissetta like this.
  15. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Heh, today was his day for the fancy outfit... :D

[IMG]
    Prissetta, santargria and Finora like this.
  16. santargria Well-Known Member

What are these? I've never heard of them before...

Are you talking about the SS ones?
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Yep. The Deshniak one is from heroic content and the recipes need drops from heroic SS instances. The Yelnar one is obtained via raiding and the recipes need drop from SS raid instances ... hence, "heroic" and "raid" apprentices. :)
    Prissetta, santargria and Shmogre like this.