Rodcet's Landing - Maj'Dul Server

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Spextasy, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Spextasy Well-Known Member

I humbly present my fourth entry into my Places of Worship series - Rodcet's Landing.

It is a project dedicated to my very own deity - Rodcet Nife, and can be found under Massive Homes / Newly Published on Maj'Dul. (Address is Lumiera's City of Mist Waterfront Estate - South Qeynos.)

The premises include :

Prayer Gardens
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

The Research Academy
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]

Rodcet's Private Manor
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]

And finally, Rodcet's Landing...
    [IMG]

And Rodcet Nife himself.
    [IMG]

**Special thanks to my dear friend Wizzam who did the floors for me in the buildings, so I wouldn't go insane.**:D
    Gretel, Valzen, Faeonara and 5 others like this.
  2. Wizzam Well-Known Member

This place is INSANE! Can you believe she built that ship BY HAND! I'm so crazy impressed.
    And I'm jealous I didn't think to use the shadowed bookcases that way first! Very creative.
    Stole the tiered weathered bookcases and totally stole your dining room everything! Love love love those chairs!
    I could go on and on and on, this place is truly beautiful. I'm glad to see you tackle this house when so many of us are intimidated by it's size and somewhat clueless on how to tackle it.
    (Ps, make sure to watch those house actors, you'll enjoy it for sure! :D )
    Spextasy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Gretel Well-Known Member

Every time I think you can't top an amazing fireplace, Shan, you go and do it again! LOVE the fireplaces in this one. And the ship, amazing!

/mind blown
    Spextasy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I (Amanirose on Maj'Dul) will have to visit THAT one!

** yes. . . you heard it here first folks! I am also on the Maj"Dul server now under the guise of Amanirose Wolfsinger. It will be my home-away-from-home. I am in the guild Phoenix Rizing and have seen a couple of you on since I have been there. As I said I will be in and out. . . jumping from US to Euro but I guess I now have 2 homes! **
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Spextasy like this.
  5. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Thanks all! :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Merriel Well-Known Member

Shanette, I am really loving the look of this place and will have to visit it in person...once I get back onto Maj'dul server. Been so busy on AB trying to take care of everything there, and with school starting back up, not much time to play anymore either. I have some really tough classes to deal with this semester, so looking at probably very little time to play for a while. Well...one of the classes isn't so tough, but is extremely time consuming, if it's anything like the same class I took many many years ago...Accounting, lol.
  7. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I love those shadowed book cases as "Walls"! I will have to incorporate that into mine. (My Court of Mists and Fury house)
    (( otherwise known as : Velaris ))

OH YEAH! Can anyone tell me WHY it takes so darn long to "server jump"?? I have been trying to get back to Maj'Dul for an hour and it is only at 35%
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You, too? Going from the EU to the US?

Last night it took me over 2.5 hours. X-P

I started a gripe thread on it in Player Support, though I really haven't gotten a lot of advice back on how to deal with this annoyance...other than to maybe do what I did for Frostfell, which was to have 3 regions, 3 copies of the game on the same drive (including Test, though it's been better these days). I'm sure it's something bad we shouldn't be doing (if nothing else, it takes up a LOT of room on the drive), but I don't see that we have any other choice. :-/

Uwk
    East is East, and West is West, and never the twain shall meet...? :-/
  9. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I get this warning: Warning: Retrying paks/VoiceOver.vpk
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, me too; ten a penny, some times. :-/

Uwk
  11. Febrith Well-Known Member

Ok after my last round of video tours I need to have my jaw wired shut:p
    This is the last of my tours in Shan's Deity series of houses...........so far:)
    Sorry about the cropped beginning - I think I had video lag!

12. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Thank you for another fabulous tour, I can tell you really had a good time with this one, your "I don't think that's working" in the healing academy had me laughing so hard! (I don't think any of the remedies are really working tbh, maybe because some of the students sleep in class :p)

The platform used as the dining table is turned upside down. Looks drastically different doesn't it? I had done it in another home and loved it so much, I used it again. :D

I was a little horrified to find out what Rodcet Nife really looked like too. But I knew, as soon as I decided to do a home for him (since he is my deity on Shanette, I figured I kind of HAD to :p) ...that I simply HAD to try to do a spaceship / flying saucer. My proudest achievement in life is that I can say I built a spaceship without having to learn the layout editor to do it. (That's a little sad, moving on!...)

Funny you should mention what I'm going to do for Tunare, as that's one of the next ones I have planned. I'm currently trying to get my hands on that statue from the city merchant (c'mon, dbl status weekend for St. Patricks Day!) , and maybe-not-so-patiently waiting for season 4 of LoN to hit so I can get that painting. So....very soon. ™ ;)

Thank you again for the wonderful tour. Loved it! :)
  13. Valzen Well-Known Member

AMAZING! I have no other words. It's just incredible. LOVE all the custom details and that ship is WOW!!
  14. Febrith Well-Known Member

I'm so glad /beam - and one of the things I loved which I'm kicking myself for forgetting to mention at the time is the X-Files reference - I got a bit overwhelmed by the ship and it went out of my head - but I LOVED the Scully and Mulder reference:) That was one of my absolute favourite programmes of the 90's;)
  15. Spextasy Well-Known Member

lol I can't even tell you how happy i am you got the X-Files reference! :D
    Febrith and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Febrith Well-Known Member

Heh:) I can't believe I got distracted by a ruddy big spaceship so I lost my train of thought!
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I really liked the individual, stand-alone episodes, like "X the Unnatural" (my absolute favorite!) rather than the over-arching storyline. I wasn't really happy with a lot of the gloom-and-doom, we're all gonna die in horrible ways (mainly because of Y2K) series in the 90s: Twin Peaks, Millennium, X-Files, etc., etc., etc. It's one reason why I was reluctant to get into EQ2, frankly; yet another the-world-ended, everything-sucks, we're-barely-surviving-in-the-ruins crap is how I thought of it. But my buddies convinced me...

"What character type should I do?"
    "Anything you want. We're veterans of EQ1 and have played EQ2 since Beta. We'll pick up any slack."
    "Any Vah Shir or Beastlords?" (I'd played a Vah Shir Beastlord when we played pen-and-paper EQ1 [d20-based, iirc], and this was before Beastlords came back as a class)
    "Nope, Luclin blew up, killing everyone up there, and helping to destroy the surface of Norrath. The barbaric Kerra savages are still around, though."
    "Oh. Yay. Well, what sort of classes do they have in EQ2?"
    "You might be interested in Berserkers, since you like playing tanks; they have nice AoE attacks, wear plate, and--"
    "Say no more; you had me at 'berserk.' :D"

As for aliens, I'd known what Rodcet Nife was since I got into EQ2 in 2006, and I thought that was cool, somewhat reminiscent of the 1970s stuff, with Close Encounters of the Third Kind, E.T., Starman, etc. My Doctor Who "companion"-type toons (all 2 of them, so far) are indeed followers of the Prime Healer. ;)

Uwk
    who thinks, better even an alien than the native Norrathian psycho wench who turned... :-/
    Febrith likes this.