Please hold the Merc gear!

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Franklyn, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Franklyn New Member

Guys I beg you! Please lower the drop rate of merc gear! The rate atm is 4:1 in favor of merc gear! Well it feels that way at least. Give us player items when finishing Advanced solos, not more merc gear! For the public quest raids, more personal gear / less Merc gear! For KA heroic zones, no merc gear! Only player usable gear!
    It is nice that you helped us beef up our mercs, but give us a freaking break! By doing this you are forcing people to grind forever in order to enjoy the game! I hate doing anything solo. I love the social aspect of grouping etc... I had to grind for a month on solo zones, and still didn't have good enough gear to be decent for a KA heroic zone. Its bonkers!
  2. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I completely agree and I know it's become the subject of a lot of discussion--more accurately, sarcasm and complaints. It's virtually the same stuff dropping over and over again---especially in the PQs. I think I've run a hundred+ of these on 3 toons in the last month or so and if it's not merc gear 99.9% of the time, it's a NO-TRADE cuff or boots. Seriously, vary the loot. It can't be that difficult to change the loot drops from a table of 4 items to something a bit more useful. And while I get that the sword and charm are supposed to be rare drops, it's becoming a joke to expect these to actually drop.
    Franklyn likes this.
  3. chattie Well-Known Member

Is it only 4 to 1???? I could have sworn it is 90 to 1. :rolleyes:
    Franklyn and Conifur like this.
  4. Conifur Well-Known Member

At least.
    Franklyn likes this.
  5. Conifur Well-Known Member

The problem is there are some that have them for all their alts and others who don't have any.
  6. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

When 50 percent of the 22 items on a loot table include mercenary gear and infusers, you HAVE to be embarassed to be the one responsible for loading it out that way... I mean, where's the pride? Each time merc gear drops, it makes me sad. Sad to think that DBG believes that's an acceptable reward.
    Here's your weekly reward: an infuser.
    Killed the last boss in this zone? Here's some merc gear.
    Farmed 1200 Rile Tokens from PQs? Here's some more merc gear or no-trade gear.
    Conifur and Iglu like this.
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Have to laugh. I posted this the morning of the patch. Guess who got the sword on one toon and the charm on another the same day after servers came up? Coincidence? Hmmmm...conspiracy theorists, unite!!! Well, also got 15 more pieces of rare merc gear as well.
    Franklyn and Prissetta like this.
  8. Cragfire Well-Known Member

Very few pieces of merc gear aside... all the merc gear dose feed my salvaging.. a long with all the 100 pot gear and 2hrs.. :)