Priest Epic 2.0

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Daalilama, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Meirril Well-Known Member

When everyone else (all 24 other classes, including Ranger) gets a 1h primary, what makes you think you won't get a 1h primary like everybody else?
  2. quisling Well-Known Member

LOL...that would be par for the course...
  3. Mhoramm Member

Channeler's and Rangers are ranged classes, our epic 1.0's were bows. So it stands to reason our 2.0's will be ranged too.
    Mermut likes this.
  4. Chillispike Active Member

According to the today's patch notes the Reward is now a 1h Primary for Channelers
    Do old rewards get exchanged? (automatically or via npc)
  5. Myrdinn Member

There is no in game mechanic to allow us to swap the bow for the main hand. Went back through discord chat from yesterday after the patch notes were posted and Caith stated that CS will swap them out. So you need to do a /petition. I submitted mine 5hrs ago and still waiting on a response from customer support to have mine exchanged. I'm sure they are flooded with submissions from all the Rangers since their reward was from the lvl 6 scout quest, and the few Channelers who are played and lvl 8. But seeing as how there is no disco for the new weapon on eq2u for either Rangers or Channelers and the servers have been up for 5hrs, I'm guessing that no one ever told CS they were going to have to do these swaps and they are trying to get confirmation from the developers before answering all the submissions.

I wish the devs would have just coded something like they did with the old mythical wand you got from the Umbrite chest in ToT and allow the Channelers and Rangers to just examine the item and convert it. So much simpler than waiting God knows how many hours for customer support to do something.
  6. Chillispike Active Member

ah ok, i doubt that a CS swap will trigger the disco, but doesn't mean it can't happen.

Looking at the new weapon, i'm a bit disapointed :(
    Ok the Gossamer Blade seems to be buggy and have the wrong effect on it, but the proc isn't the Greenmist one or Greenmist equal one :(
    Instead of 22.000 proc base dmg it procs "only" for 8.000 base damage. => instead of having a "useful" bow while working on the questline you now get a sword with a "awful" proc and a change to Ascension spells that are still combined not worth looseing the Greenmist proc.
    I know that proc ain't that awful, but it can't keep up with Greenmist since it does only 1/3 of the proc damage :(
    As long as you are above the Resolve requirements it doesn't really matter if you use the greenmist instead of the sword.
    If the Proc of the sword would be the Greenmist then it would be a really decent reward, that stay's in line with the Gear.
  7. Lemilla Active Member

Sword has the wrong stats and effect. Even when they fix that, Greenmist is better for normal use.

Sword or bow doesn't really matter then, as it's only good for swapping in just before using the Ascension ability being buffed, and swapping back to proper gear afterwards.
  8. Astomer Member

Fury EPIC 2.0 2nd Quest Question.

I have been stuck on Step 4 of Awakening Bonds: Forks in the Road:
    Many tries with various strong groups, but we are always wiped within 30 seconds at most. Has anyone successfully completed this step? If so, would you please give some insight into the approach you took?
  9. Giaur New Member

I just did it some day ago with my twink defiler.
    We made it as x2 raid. The encounter ist terrfific but as an x2 it is doable an gives quest updates for every priest in raid on the step.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

I was helping another priest with their epic (I'd gotten past that step already) and there was another group trying as well, so we formed a raid and tried for it. Nobody got the update. We had to break up into 2 groups and do it again for the udpate.
    I'd suggest 2 healers, one of whom is a shaman. Mystic actually has the advantage on this fight because the always pulse damage is nox, so prophetic ward (mystic nox ward) helps loads.
    Make sure that EVERYBODY always goes back to the same spot after the port. Also the second set of 3 has a fear, so The Bottle of Endless Courage, or other 100% fear immunity items help a bunch.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  11. cherica Member

am on the same step and wondered if you got the part done with the kerra priest in the hua mein village done?? I was using wiki to help and the answers they give for her question have nothing to do with the 4 choices she asks you to choose from. after trying all 4 one at a time with no success I gave up and went to bed lol Thanks for the help if you have any suggestions lol.
  12. Mhoramm Member

You need to do the Hua Mein questline, it's not enough to just have the faction. I had the same problem, she would give you the start of the conversation but you couldn't progress it.