'Corralling' Guilds?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Wizzam, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Wizzam Well-Known Member

I'm not sure exactly where to post this, so I'm gunna wing it here and let y'all decifer it from there.
    One of the biggest complaints I see in game, especially lately, would be the lack of active guilds. Over the years there have been SO many guilds created, wether to accomedate a raiding team, a crafting junkie or just to hold an alt army. Even I have a guild of my own just for my alts which started out with my desire to decorate a hall.
    With everyone so spread out now, it's hard to find an active guild with more than 3 or 4 people in it. I'm not saying there aren't any out there, I'm just saying they are few and far between comapred to all of the other guilds out there.
    An idea I had-
    What if DayBreak were to buy back our guilds from us? Sure, our work leveling them is worth something as it used to take an arm, a leg and your first born to get it anywhere. Maybe just buy back the guilds made before a certain date, and over a specific level?
    'Buy back' could mean with DBC, plat, loyalty tokens or whatever.
    This might 'corral' more players into less guilds resulting in more active guilds.
    Just my 2cp :p
    Spextasy likes this.
  2. d1anaw Well-Known Member

Absolutely positively NOT. How dare you suggest that I have to be "corralled" into giving up my guild because YOU don't think it's necessary. How arrogant. Our guild exists as it is for a reason. We are adults with real world lives and those lives do not revolve around video games. We have the right to come on and off on our own terms. Besides, why should I have to give up the GH I decorated and set up according to OUR needs and give up my guild leadership. I don't need to be "corralled", I'd rather be guildless.
    Dude likes this.
  3. santargria Well-Known Member

While I would like to be in a Skyfire guild with others, it doesn't seem possible or likely anymore.

That being said, I'd like to keep my Alt army GH thank you very much.
    Wizzam likes this.
  4. Wizzam Well-Known Member

Wow, take offence much?
    Maybe this would help others come join your guild? I didn't say to sell ALL guilds. Just ones no one wants to maintain anymore.
    santargria, Tekka and Adevil like this.
  5. Adevil Well-Known Member

And who, pray tell, suggested you had to? Might I suggest you calm down and go reread the OP.
  6. Tekka Well-Known Member

There is quite a bit of arrogance, and it's not coming from the OP.

More options are generally good, and I think it would be a nice option for folks who are holding on to a guild just because they've put resources into it. Give them some of the resources back, maybe they'll find a more active guild and stick around longer.
  7. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Wiz meant it as an OPTION, not a forced-to-sell-your-guild-and-join-another situation. There was absolutely no need to freak out and jump down her throat over a suggestion. Good grief. Arrogant indeed.

I think it's an intriguing idea. I'd seriously consider selling one of my alt guilds for a decent amount of DBC, Loyalty Tokens, or even plat. But I fear my idea and DB's idea of a "decent amount." would likely be very different. :p
  8. Maldek Active Member

An optional buy-back feature is a decent idea. I would prefer a "/guild_merge" feature that combines two rosters while retaining member status
    Tekka, Wizzam, Xakrein and 2 others like this.
  9. Xakrein Well-Known Member

A good idea to pose, but I am sure that someone would throw a hilarious tantrum because they failed to comprehend the idea presented.
    Spextasy, ugloopni and Wizzam like this.
  10. Thetmes Active Member

The problem is not the number of guilds out there. The problem is the people that are left in the game are tired of going from guild to guild to raid or group and to have things fall apart 2-3 months down the road because someone gets their panties in a bunch over something stupid. So they want to stay in their own guild and be in charge to limit drama and other crap that goes on. Now before people start saying well that is not how I feel or whatever points will be raised to say I am wrong. Understand that this is my opinion and I have watch more than a few guilds and raid alliances fall apart for exactly the reasons I listed. I am not saying all of them have this issue just that it is an issue.
    Wizzam and Prissetta like this.
  11. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

It helps when people actually control a situation before it becomes the twisted up panties. There is a big reason why the guilds at the top seem to always stay there. They don't tolerate the BS and squash things before they become a big deal/guild ender. There are plenty of guilds out there looking for players but don't expect to just be absorbed by guilds looking for specific needs of the guild. Not every guild out there wants quantity over quality. You can look on EQ2U and get a general sense of how many accounts are in the guild before you join it. 1 tab, a name, and search click away from solving your problem so we all don't have to get sucked into it.
    Wizzam and Spindle like this.