Commentary: Are Epic 2.0 Quests Burying Players in Prerequisites?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Feldon, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Feldon Well-Known Member

This is not your personal meeting of the EQ2 Sycophants club.
    Anoxia, Xillean, Whiomaju and 3 others like this.
  2. Vokan Well-Known Member

Hundreds of happy players don't keep the lights on.
  3. semisus Does not play this game

I did all the faction and quests required for mage epic quests so far , i had done the aom timeline though so didnt need to do that , but in all honestly when i think of epic quests i think of something challenging doing old stuff to get taction up aint really challenging.
    Other classes have fights where they need help and ive helped ( the reward for those single fights is nice as well ) and hopefully us mages will also get some of those, however ive done nizara twice for healers who needed their update and that zone aint easy at all , im glad im not a casual since im sure that zone will be a stopping point for many , that zone is harder than all the current zones except perhaps challenge versions
    DoomDrake likes this.
  4. Chimay Active Member

Do we know for sure the TOT sig quest is required for the Epic 2.0?
  5. Surgeon Active Member

I went and wrote a long winded text but in the end I just don't care enought anymore.
    I went to SWTOR which doesn't force me to log in daily, which doesn't punish me for playing alts, which has all the tools so I'm able to play with people instead of myself and I don't have to spam for hours or days to find groups. And I don't have to grind in 1 out of 4 zones killing the same stuff over and over again for tithe so I'm at least semi able to find groups, which now that raiders are geared isn't worth anything anymore anyway.
    If you don't raid in eq2 you might as well not play it.
    And if you do or would like to you'd have to suck .... and kiss ... and write applications and ofc grind and play all day every day. Load of bull.
    And nothing you write on the forums is being picked up, except if it's about a mount that could sell for cash.
    Those people have their agenda and it doesn't include you.
    Conifur likes this.
  6. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

As I have said, I don't care much about the forum and I'm going to leave it soon. I prefer to live in a comfortable world with nice and polite people around me. I don't like to visit places full of unhappy people who do not hesitate to blame and write pages of bad words about other people, developers in this case, just because nobody is going to stop them and just because they can find here other people who feel the same.

I have made my attempt to convince reasonable people to realize the situation.
  7. Conifur Well-Known Member

Yet you go around calling anyone who has an opinion that differs from you mean people who are not polite, nor are they happy or reasonable. What situation are you trying to convince people of?
    Anoxia likes this.
  8. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

It's simple. Many posts in this thread and other threads go about how nice guys are threatened, ignored and abused by lazy, greedy and bad guys. These nice guys believe that what they say is truth and call it a honest opinion even when they call someone greedy or lazy or stupid. Some other nice and smart guys do not use bad words literally, but "good guys vs bad guys" picture is still very easy to see.
    Ah, well, enough of this nonsense. All I need to do is not to read game forums for some time and when I start to think that the world is too good to be true I get back to you, nice guys :)
  9. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

You keep saying that you're not going to read the forums anymore, yet you keep posting. You're either an idiot or a brilliant troll playing a long game.
    Xillean, Feldon, Whiomaju and 3 others like this.
  10. Tekka Well-Known Member

I was thinking more of a pot and kettle situation, with a little whiff of troll thrown in for spice, given that the poster has no issues calling everyone who's opinion differs from theirs mean and greedy 'bad guys'.

While there are a few outliers, for the most part what I've seen are dissatisfied customers expressing their dissatisfaction and the reasons for it. So yeah, there's that.

Sycophantic devotion to a game never helps it improve. In the end, though, those are the ones that will 'win' as they're all that's left when the rest have moved on.
    Anoxia and Alenna like this.
  11. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

No, it was not about me. It was about "nice" people from gaming community and about opposite camp, the company, game developers and game support. And it's not only about EQ2, it's a more or less common current situation on other game forums too. As a result, the value of forums steadily goes down to the point when it become useless.
  12. Iglu Active Member

Seems if you are a mage you must have completed the Altar of Malice Signature quest line as well if you want to progress on Epic 2 Quest 3 /sigh. So to answer the question I would say yes we are being buried in an amazing amount of prerequisites.

Who know what sort of hoops we will have to jump through for Epic 2 Quest 4 and what further old HQ, Signature or faction we will need to have done. That is if any mage can raise the effort to look for Quest 4 after running every zone and checking every item for the last part of Quest 3.
  13. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

It will require rare drops from The Medium of Hykor, Repuuli the Destoryer, Pantrilla, and Skoam Anvilpaw.
  14. Iglu Active Member

While wearing what special item :)
  15. Kahonen Active Member

The only thing that surprises me about a lot of the posts related to being gated by old content is that people were surprised by it. They couldn't have done an "Epic questline" in any way shape or form with the current content because there simply isn't enough of it so they were always going to have to gate the questline using old (and grey) content. In real terms the only current thing which is doing any gating is gaining Ascension levels.

What I find really irritating are random drops from end names in Heroic zones - the x4 Lich at the end of the SSaerzsha (?) Temple in Phantom Sea being a classic example. I've now killed him 7 times with no drop and I've heard that many others have killed him more. It's not the need to kill a x4 in a heroic zone that bothers me, it's the totally illoogical random nature of the drop. How many times am I expected to abuse the goodwill of guild members by asking them to help out in a zone only to have to say "sorry guys, no drop" at the end of it and have them zone out having gained absolutely nothing from it? What's going to happen for the other 14 or 15 priests in the guild when they catch up to me and start asking for help in there? Are DBG deliberately trying to make it difficult for people to find groups in guilds now as well as PUGs?

What I find most irritating is that DBG seem to think that players are sufficiently stupid that they won't realise that these artificial roadblocks are nothing more than a way to try to hide the fact that the last ExPack was devoid of content outside of the main questline so they need to slow progress.

I've been playing EQ2 since the beta days and I've never seen so many negative posts from disheartened, frustrated and disappointed players as there are on the forums at the moment. While I'm not thinking of leaving the game personally, I can genuinely see the possibility that the Epic 2.0 questline is going to kill the game - either during the questline due to the continuous artificial roadblocks being put in place or the disappointment at the end when people suddenly realise the end reward hasn't been worth the hassle of getting it.
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  16. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Like a decrepit hide from an ashebone drake in PoH in EQ1... over 150 kills and not one drop. Had to get mine from a new guildie (joined a different guild, as mine folded) who was quiting the game. I wont even go into getting the Soul Leech... *sighs hatefully*
  17. RadarX Community Manager

Let's keep this on topic and reduce the level of person to person poking so we can keep this thread open. Thanks!
    Cragfire and Meneltel like this.
  18. Meneltel Well-Known Member

*runs out of the shadows and pokes RadarX with a feather stick and then ducks back into the shadows as she yells* Thanks for keeping the thread open!
    Prissetta likes this.
  19. Earar Well-Known Member

there's really an obvious lack of content !
  20. Malleria Well-Known Member

13 heroics (14 if you include the CM), 3 PQs, epic weapon questline and 4 ascension classes. Doesn't seem like it's any less content than previous expansions. Sure they could include a contested zone, but that's probably coming in a game update early this year.