1. Scott Adams New Member

2. Crastinal Active Member

Scott Adams and Shmogre like this.
  3. Scott Adams New Member

Thanks that was just what I needed!
  4. Anhari Active Member

DISCLAIMER: This is my opinion and in no way reflects the opinion of the authors of wikia, Daybreak Games, or the EQ2 community. U am only posting this as a caveat to using the wikia for information

Remember that wikia is written by and maintained by players like you and me. Some information is outdated, some is outright just wrong (and needs removed) but by and large, is the most reliable information about your game. (There are versions for almost ALL MMO's out there)

LOVE you all! <3
    Prissetta and Scott Adams like this.
  5. Cragfire Well-Known Member

If you are going to use the Wiki site install an ad-blocker for your browser.. Without one there are so many scripts running in the background it will bring the browser to a crawl; to the point where you can't click on anything and you will rage with frustration. With one installed the site is very snappy and responsive.

Just my 2 coppers on EQ2's Wiki..
    Prissetta, Finora, santargria and 2 others like this.
  6. Anhari Active Member

That was my experience as well using IE, but with Mozilla's FireFox this is minimized to some extent. I don't use an ad-blocker, but guess with your post, I should *gins*
  7. santargria Well-Known Member

+1 this - big time!

I use Firefox and run NoScript which stops ads as well as bad scripts from running unless I approve them
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. harvash Active Member

I have resorted to using Zam again where I can. The ads have gotten so bad on EQ2wiki that the current browser tab crashes if I leave it for more than a few minutes. Very poor UX, especially for a corporate site that should not need to saturate its web pages to the point of breakage just for a $ or $$
    Prissetta likes this.
  9. DamnataAnimus Active Member

While wikia (the company that hosts eq2wiki) is for profit they have nothing to do with eq2wiki itself beyond being hosted by them (for free), and it is they who are responsible for the ads. Dbg also has nothing to do with the wiki. Wikia also has nothing to Wikipedia or any other wikis made using mediawiki software. You may wish to learn about the various wiki sites and software or hosting they use before blaming eq2wiki for something they have nothing to do with. Wikia is responsible for those ads, not eq2wiki.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikia
  10. harvash Active Member

Unless this is no longer true (substituting DBG for SOE): https://www.everquest2.com/news/article?month=102012&id=51414

Then I'll amend my point (which I think you may have missed...) with two observations:

ANY provider of web content/web space that renders said content unstable and virtually unusable via ads is an ******.

DBG is big enough to place the Wiki on their own server - just like multitudes of other games - even if they did put an advert or two on it, I would think the end result would be better than the the travesty that is now EQ2Wiki.
    Meneltel likes this.