BRIGAND NERF JANUARY 19TH, 2017 TLE - Double Up daze effect added -

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Jnrai, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Jnrai Member

Soe has ruined eq2 for me again... adding daze to double up? That means no auto attacks for 6 seconds.
    It wasn't mentioned in the update notes so it could be a mistake LET IT BE A MISTAKE double up was a great ability and daze has ruined it! Remove it from your hotbar as soon as you can its ruining your dps!!

Swashbuckler and brigands rely so much on auto attack damage it does 40% of our dps!!

Using double up is cancelling out almost half of our dps look at the numbers below for proof!

3.6 second auto attack timer
    6 seconds of daze

I will not use double up if daze is not removed it was my favorite ability but the daze is like being charmed or mezzed, or getting stunned for 6 seconds. It ruins dps in group, raid, even solo. Remove daze so double up is a dps boosting ability again!! auto attack is too important, the 6s daze can bite the dust
  2. Satyr Well-Known Member

Oh look, they finally fixed double up on PVP. /s
    Aquaskaientos likes this.
  3. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

Bards being the highest on auto attack damage somewhere at 8-12%, there is no way that auto attack for a brig would be 40%. Daze doesn't hurt your damage even a little bit compared to gaining 100% ADB.
  4. Galdenya/Sigon Active Member

Please note the TLE tag.
    [IMG]
    32% from melee, 18% from ranged, during a raid boss, would be higher in heroics.
  5. Caith Developer

It's a bug and should be cleared up in the next patch.
    Dude likes this.
  6. Caul Shivers Active Member

As told above, this is about TLE - and for any brigands, especially raiding ones, this nerf is pretty big kick in the face.

Autoattack damage is about 50% of our DPS (and that's only now, used to be even more before TSO).

The daze effect makes Double Up useless.
    Trying workarounds around canceling Double Up before the second autoattack is just that, a workaround, and ultimately the brigand DPS suffers.

On TLE...
    We (brigands, and rogues in general really) already have some of the worst blue stats on class armor sets.
    We have some of the most useless armor set bonuses as well.
    We have a mythical with an outdated 15 multi-attack proc..

Can we please get feedback and at least have the old, "normal" Double Up back?
  7. Caul Shivers Active Member

Awesome, ty for the reply!
  8. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

By the time I realized this was for TLE I no longer had the edit button /facepalm, carry on and ignore the live elephant in the room :confused:
    Dude likes this.
  9. Azian Well-Known Member

I realize this is a TLE thread and that the issue has been addressed. I wanted to note that even on live my auto-attack swinging is very important to me on my brig. No, I'm not overly concerned about the loss of the actual damage from the weapons hitting. However, I'm very concerned about the lack of procs, particularly ethereal procs, that comes with daze. Also, the daze effect seemed to be lingering well past the actual duration of my double up last night. I'm not sure if that's a lag thing or what but sometimes it felt like forever before I'd start swinging again. I'm sure my perception was part of the issue since the daze was a new matter entirely (and we now know it to be a confirmed bug.)
  10. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

They will take care of it. But with auto on live even as a bard I started caring less and less about it. I agree that removing procs was the right move but I still think auto could push out a little bit more than it does. At least enough to be viable for those wanting to utilize WDB/flurry stats. Smashing 6-8 blue stats on an items becomes a little bit much. Plus from what I have been reading it seems to be making the line blurry for who should need said item more than the next class. Miss the days where you saw an item drop and everyone could easily distinguish that it was for a specific archtype.