Thurgardin server down for maintenance ?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Armageddoux, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Armageddoux Active Member

RadarX publishing from yesterday :
    The EU EverQuest II Server seems to be offline yet at 3PM UTC and not yet at 9:00PM PT (01/20/2017 at 5:00 AM CET)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

What does the first sentence of RadarX's post say?
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

Considering the frequency of typos in announcements, we all just assumed that he meant All US servers. Why would the EU server need to come down twice for 2 hours in one day?
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! I think you and the OP beat me to this post. ;->

But you asked better questions than I did, Feldon. As did Armageddoux. ;->

Plus, the last time the servers went down twice in one day for two hours each time (and it was scheduled!), there were reasons given for each. Iirc, one was general maintenance/updates like always, and the other involved the Marketplace, the forums, account access, etc., etc., etc., indicating some dusting off/hamster feeding/etc. going on there as well. But there they gave us 2 hours at a time for downage, with some uptime between. :-/

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

Updated my notice on EQ2Wire to say:

6. Armageddoux Active Member

Yep, I thought the typo was in first assumption and only US servers were concerned !!

Till end of 2016 we were used to be updated (in Europe I mean) the day after, not atsame moment US servers were, and that was more pleasant because at 5:AM CET a lot of people are still sleeping (in fact I AM sleeping at 5:00 AM CET;))
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And with no information to the EU players as to why they (and only they?) were going down a second time tonight? That's rude of the Powers... :(

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

Maybe the two hours is to remove the UK from the EU server? :rolleyes:
    Malombra, Mavet13, Feldon and 2 others like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

ROFL! Okay, now that's funny. ;->

Uwk
    who's perversely glad not only US voters have lapses
    Dude likes this.
  10. Armageddoux Active Member

Want Brexit from EQ2 too ?

.... No : What will we do without you (am joking :p)
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! Considering the only EU server left is in the UK... :-/

Or is it actually in Holland or someplace but in English?

Uwk
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, I guess we'll know for sure in less than a half an hour...and, of course, at 9:00 pm tonight. Fingers crossed for EU! :)

Uwk
  13. Feldon Well-Known Member

[IMG]
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Amsterdam. Thought it might've been something like that. :D

Well, the EU servers are up again, and the Message for the Day there read:

"This is a notification that UK worlds will be updated at 3:00 PM London Time [as it suggested in the first line of the forum announcement] on 01/19/2017 [as opposed to the 2016 year that was in the forum announcement...that none of us caught :oops:]. The estimated downtime will be 1 hour [which means I could've gotten in an hour before I did...sigh]."

No mention of a further downage tonight, but... :-/

Uwk
    Armageddoux and Prissetta like this.
  15. Faillen Member

Obviously the internal communication withing DBG is as worse as the outside communication. With so few people left on the team they should be in shouting distance to eachother, though ;)
  16. RadarX Community Manager

There was a change in the EU downtime last night to address a technical issue. Unfortunately the messaging was not adjusted in time so we apologize for any confusion. EU will not have downtime tonight.
  17. Armageddoux Active Member

Lol Uwkete you are right 2016 !! this time, we are totally lost in translation, maybe next expansion will be ... back to the future
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Whew! Yay! Thanks. :)

Uwk

P.S. /tell It's 2017... ;->
    Armageddoux likes this.
  19. Armageddoux Active Member

OK RadarX : no problems, I wanted you care only about what you write. I know you have all a lot of work to do and writing posts on the bulletin board is not your priority, we can understand that, just think about the fact there are lot of people people who read your messages and act depending on what you write :)

Go on : you are doing a nice job, I love this expansion very much and the epic weapon 2.0 is on the good way. We are sometimes angry with you but it's because we love THE game and we love you too
  20. Faillen Member

Yeah, thanks for the feedback. Informed customers are more likely to be satisfied customers. We just don't like to be kept in the dark.