Player Studio items I've created

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Rawl, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Merriel Well-Known Member

So really, they could easily fix this issue by making the chair 'illusory' to a certain depth, so that when you sit, it looks like you are actually sitting on the chair. I know most chairs, stools, benches, sofa's, etc, my character usually floats above them, but I did have her sit on a certain stool recently and her butt actually touched the top of the stool to make her look like she was actually sitting on it. I don't know why they don't already do this to make things look more real. I was ecstatic! :D
  2. Rawl Well-Known Member

You may recall, if you've played EQ2 for quite some time, that originally, they didn't have the animation to sit on a chair or other object. Originally, you only were able to sit/kneel on the ground. So, they implemented the animation to facilitate looking like the character was sitting on a chair, etc. after they got enough requests to encourage them to make that happen.

The point of this comment is, they never intended the player characters to interact with objects in this way, and in order to appease the request, they added the posture of sitting in a chair. I think because of the mechanics and number of characters and items involved, it would be a HUGE expense in time and effort to fix the floating sitting issue we've all experienced. Therefore I am pretty confident in saying it isn't likely to ever happen.
  3. Rawl Well-Known Member

Another item to go into the Little People's furniture collection is this Little Bed I'm working on atm.

[IMG]
  4. Merriel Well-Known Member

Ahh, this is not something I knew about. Thank you for explaining it, Jerry. :)
  5. Rawl Well-Known Member

I have this Little People's Bed ready to be submitted to Player Studio.

[IMG]
    Mystyrys, Katz, Ocarinah and 3 others like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Very cool, but yikes! Talk about eye-catching! The red and blue in close proximity...that's gonna make it really pop! :D

Uwk
    Ocarinah and Merriel like this.
  7. Rawl Well-Known Member

good thing most people have their eyes closed when they sleep, huh? ;)
  8. Rawl Well-Known Member

Almost ready to be submitted, the Little People's Hamper:

[IMG]
    Mystyrys, Ocarinah, Prissetta and 4 others like this.
  9. Merriel Well-Known Member

Love, love, love the hamper. Reminds me of my grandparent's home again. Thank you, Jerry! :)
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! We always need more containers! :)

Uwk
  11. Rawl Well-Known Member

I'm working on a Little People's Nightstand to go with the bed.

[IMG]
  12. Rawl Well-Known Member

The Little People's Nightstand is ready to be submitted to Player Studio

[IMG]
  13. Mystyrys Well-Known Member

*looks at her DBC balance - looks at the new little people stuff - narrows her eyes at Rawl and wonders if he's reading her mind - gets out her credit card and waits*
  14. chattie Well-Known Member

Came looking for new Erollisi Day items, and had to look for player studio thread :eek: I am shocked. Love the little peeps stuff Rawl *thumbs up*
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aren't the finished pieces gorgeous? Awesome job! :D

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  16. Rawl Well-Known Member

The Forest Decorative Door is ready to be submitted to Player Studio. (will come with a matching frame as pictured on the right.)

[IMG]
  17. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Oooooo my wood elf would love love love this door! I love that it will have a matching frame so I don't have to deal with tricky tricky tiling job.
  18. Gretel Well-Known Member

A Player Studio designer who makes a frame to match a door is one after my own heart! <3
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I love the decorative "tree" effect...looks very 3D! :)

Hmm...looking at it more, it does seem to be 3D...nice job, with such few triangles! :D

Uwk
    Merriel, Rawl, Prissetta and 2 others like this.
  20. Rawl Well-Known Member

The tree actually protrudes from the surface of the door rather than just being textured in.