Detrimental wipe-script due to high dps

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Raenius, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Raenius Well-Known Member

Damaging Vhaksiz the Shade too quickly has caused them to panic, releasing a massive shockwave through your raid party!
    Vhaksiz the Shade has killed.......(list goes on...)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since DBG has managed to prevent ascension abilities hitting for 50billion+, could you please with lots of sugar on top get rid of that absolutely nonsense of wiping a decent raid due to "standard" dps-output on raid-nameds?

When you have a scripted encounter enforcing you to beware when you dps (e.g. Polliwog) it is fine - but introducing this as a standard mechanic because you can`t balance something proper its not the way to do it.

*You get better a killing fun 475/500* - almost there guys.......
    captainbeatty451, Yahku and Beee like this.
  2. Yahku Active Member

Just another proof for the devs not having any idea about their own game mechanics and a proof for the devs not even trusting their own skills a single bit. Most encounters have damage blocking in their standard script, so now the other ones will follow - for what should we get powerful?! Simply sad!
  3. quisling Well-Known Member

I guess the ridiculous part of that is that they have the ability to wipe the party at any time...but gee, making them panic brings it to fruition ....
  4. Gninja Developer

This mechanic was put in to keep certain abilities which were not working as intended from being able to be used to progress in raiding because they were able to take an encounter designed to take at minimum 5+ minutes down to under 1 minute and in some cases much faster. This mechanic should only trigger if you are killing the boss faster than 90 seconds from encounter start. If you are killing things faster than 90 seconds normally the encounter needs to be adjusted one way or the other. If you have concerns about a specific encounter feel free to throw it my way and we can take a look.
  5. Yahku Active Member

Damage is the key to success in this fight due to the massively bugged wards at the moment (we reported this to you several weeks ago). So if we do not want to die because of the death counter, we have to keep the fight as short as possible. We die after roughly 20 seconds with a proper incoming here (~15 billion raid-spike DPS) which would fall down drastically after these first seconds of the fight. Killpulls with lame dps-ing have a duration of 3-4 minutes for us at the moment.

In addition you granted us powerful spikes with the Ascension class abilities. Do not forget about the RISING TIDE charms which force us to throw everything in in the beginning of the fight, because waiting would cost much damage here since they can only be used in the beginning of the fight with a power incoming. So you grant us the tools to create enormeous spikes and in terms of optimization, force us to play this style. Then you forbid us to to so with these "failsaves". So fix it by:

1. Repair the plenty ward mechanic bugs
    2. Boost the HP of this named by 100%-200%
    3. Remove the weird "failsave"
  6. Gninja Developer

Killing him before he gets his script going shouldn't be seen as a viable strat. If the wards are a problem, contact Caith and get it taken care of. I can't allow guilds to just be able to one shot bosses because something might be wrong with a healing spell.
    Karsa and Luciar like this.
  7. Yahku Active Member

I gave detailled report very often and was ignored very often (not always, to be fair). These specific problems were reported more then four weeks ago. I wrote my last extensive, detailled thread a few hours ago - My Last Feedback - and i am done with such posts and EQ 2 now.

Anyway - we would not be able to kill it before the script starts, with the incoming spike the fight would last roughly two minutes. The ward bugs are incalculable and 'just' give a very high risk of having deaths in the groups. If you balance the fight so that the top forces will always fight him 5+m, only very, very few guilds/forces will be able to kill it during Kunark Ascending. There are several hundert percents of damage difference between the top forces and other amitioned forces. Be aware of that.
  8. Tsurupettan Active Member

We don't have any problem with damage on this fight and we take 4-5 minutes per kill. Haven't seen a problem with wards at all. This is probably one of the easiest T3 fights out there.
  9. Yahku Active Member

Depends on your setup and the number of healers and types of healers. While a mystic can heal a group solo with ~8m hps due to something like an invert-bleedthrough / redirect bug, a defiler may have problems with 25m hps+. Having classes like inquisitor boosting HP far more than average healers do may also solve the problems. Yes the fight is easy with a proper setup, we did it many times now, took us long fighting time in the first runs and we even did it flawless rather fast. However, depending on our setup, it is a bit more hard and sometimes we have the described issues.
  10. Rolant Active Member

I feel EQ2's end may be very near when devs start saying something like this.
    Kioske and Meneltel like this.
  11. quisling Well-Known Member

Nah, just different folks responsible for different things.
    Mermut likes this.
  12. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Do you intend to implement this type of strategy for *all* encounters such as 1 shotting boss mobs in Solo and Advanced Solo too?

Doesn't it seem a bit churlish to create an insta-wipe fail condition when players effectively use the items that have been thoroughly tested via beta and development to achieve high dps numbers?

"errrhmagawsh you dps too hard - lemme just nuke your whole raid team to teach you a lesson to play the game slower"

Its like taking the ball home when your team is losing..
  13. Gninja Developer

If you prefer I can just make them leave the zone till you reset :p This mechanic is only on tier3 and tier4 raid bosses.
  14. Yards Well-Known Member

The problem I see is, this is not how the script actually works. It is more along the lines of if you are doing too much dps over x amount of time you will wipe. What I mean by this is, if everyone hits there preclicky charms and prebuffs for the incoming pull of the name, and everyone blows there hard hitters in the beginning while temp buffed, the name will easily go down to 75 or 80% health in 20 seconds, that results in an instant wipe. Even though in the beginning of the fight, we can do an extreme amount of damage in a little time frame it does not mean that we can continue that dps throughout the fight, however we are still punished for it. So in reality we can take 20% of the mobs health off in 20 seconds but the other 80% will take some time and the fight would last for over 3 min if we were allowed to continue, however the fail script goes off and we die. So we are now at the point where we don't preclick and we just sit on our hands in the beginning of the fight. As I wrote in another post, I go afk for 90% of the current raid encounters because almost everyone punishes you for doing dps. Autofollow ftw.
    Yahku likes this.
  15. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

I remember getting mad once, while being a dungeon master.... the players were defeating all of the encounters left and right with nary a scratch. They were just scooping up the loot like it was just falling out of the trees... I was furious. The game continued on, and the players continued to have phenomenal dice rolls as the campaign was nearing its end.

I found myself in a precarious predicament. I could spawn a mob to kill them all. I could change the back end stats of the last mobs to ensure most of the party died. I could create the penultimate fail condition, so that nobody left the table without feeling some remorse. I remember it clearly, that day. When I was just 13 years old.

The party encounters a Dracolich. The fight ensued and as the Dracolich sensed defeat, he summoned an Undead Tarrasque to eat the entire group. From that day, I could never get them to play D&D again, and I learned an important lesson.

tl:dr; dont take the dps personal
    Feldon, Yahku and Malleria like this.
  16. Yahku Active Member

DPS is an important part for many players to have fun. But current strategy is to either have a script which requires dmg stop or have such artificial blocks just because normal balancing is out of reach. Nice way of fun destroying, yep. "Only T3, T4 raids" - thats everything important / interesting for those capable of doing such amounts of DPS.
  17. Ebarel Member

yes, many Players just are frustrated if they cannot perform their full dps potential. It is ok to have scripts of course, but especially that zone is a nightmare. 2 of the 4 current Mobs are already standing around afk for most of the ppl in raid, waiting for single selected players to do their script parts. Worst raid encounters ever, boring, boring, boring. Now you even Limit the dps allowance on the 4th. Did you ever try these fights yourself so that you know how annoying these fights are? Worst raid Zone ever.
    And it s really great how you add one piece of annoyance after another this expansion. Wouldn t it be a good idea to improve customer experience at least a bit now, instead of adding one frustration after the other? People play and subscribe to have fun (THEIR view of fun, not yours) and i have never seen so much disparity between the perception of fun between devs and players.
    Zeddicious, great example - exactly how i and alot others are feeling right now.
    Meneltel and captainbeatty451 like this.
  18. Stach Well-Known Member

The whole problem came down to DPS, the person on the top of the parse is always the one talked about. So people started to go through raid encounters with brute force, ignorance and dps everyone wanted to top the parse. I think the most liked encounter in the last 5 or so years was Ronin Theer disco board fight. That took strategy and team work to get done. and had nothing to do with meeting some dps threshold. But there is not enough devs to get that kind of encounter worked out. So now you get what we have now.
  19. Raenius Well-Known Member

You fail to comprehend this issue - again: there are common tools used in order to create dps - there is no bypassing the script (it still gets applied) or use of bugged super-billion ascension classes (anymore, since they got fixed).
    Problem is: current game mechanics allow to spike high at the beginning, damage gets normalized over time and you still have to execute all aspects of a script being applied. This failsafe spoils the very beginning of a fight, when playes put in effort in order to coordinate pre-buffs.

In other words: you hand us a Ferrari and complain when we go full throttle right after start.
    I suppose best solution would be to make this failsafe more lenient towards spike dps - that is all we ask.
  20. liteblayde New Member

I am not familiar with this fight, but it seems to me a solution to this and future "time minimum" fights is to put a (extra) very high mitigation at the start that decreases in magnitude the longer the encounter is engaged.