Cannot recover account

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Celebranna, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Celebranna New Member

I have tried to recover an account through the "official" route on the help home, however it requires that I have credit card information from years ago that I do not have anymore. And there is no actual contact support without the credit card information that I can find.....other than this forum...

I need to talk with a customer service rep please....thanks.
  2. santargria Well-Known Member

How long ago was the account? Do you keep your records for IRS purposes (supposed to keep for 7 years if you itemize)?

Perhaps you have an old CC statement or can call the company for the info you need?

I understand this, however it is severely flawed.... What if I sell the account and later try to claim it again - if all I need is my CC information, I can easily provide that if I've saved my statements.

So this only works if they ask for a current credit card that is currently on file and active!

A major issue with companies these days is they really do not know how to secure themselves from theft, scammers, fraud etc
    Prissetta and Celebranna like this.
  3. Celebranna New Member

I think it was about 4 or 5 years ago. I'm looking into it at the moment, to see if we have any banking documents to see if it has the card number. It seems though it should be easier to contact the customer support to discuss with them, either via email or chat or phone even...

Thanks for the suggestions :)
    santargria likes this.
  4. Caith Developer

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    santargria likes this.
  5. Celebranna New Member

This is what I used Caith..... it asks for the card there....

Should I use a different category that doesn't require it and just tell them the other issue?
  6. Malleria Well-Known Member

Probably the best idea yea. I haven't done it myself since the SOE->DBG changeover, but I remember when SOE used to ask for very old credit card information after I explained that I didn't have it they would ask for something else instead.
    Celebranna likes this.
  7. Celebranna New Member

Ok, submitted. Thanks for the help :)
    Prissetta likes this.