Massive issues after patch...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Jumpity, Jan 12, 2017.

1. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

Some people run streaming client and others do not.
  2. Daveed New Member

I'm on a full download and am stuck zoning in to my Guild Hall. Stuck at "Loading UI resources".
  3. Xsarinx Member

1) Avatars missing from the character selection screen. The game will still allow you to select the character name and log in.
    2) Avatars missing from the zone (logged my characters out pre-patch in their home cities).
    3) Massive lag - both in movement, and in chat channels.
    4) Graphics missing from home city - including world and intra-city bells.
    5) NPCs missing from home city.
  4. Tekka Well-Known Member

We both have the full download.
  5. Jumpity Member

They have a memory leak. Open the task manager and look at the ram that EQ2 is using, then just watch it go up and up and up...
  6. Tekka Well-Known Member

I thought they put a cork in that a while back to slow it down? Did the cork pop out?
  7. Anoxia Member

8. Milchbart Active Member

Well, I have the same problem. Already my patcher stops after a view seconds and gives a mistake message. Well, we should not overreact. This afternoon (German time) I read here in the forum it will take around 4 hours and this time is still running. I believe they are still working and of course around 4 hours means not exactly 4 hours.
  9. Nelenerap Member

Same issue. Character Select has invisible toons, and the zoning screen pretty much stalls out @ loading UI resources. I'm running a full download now as recommended by a previous poster and will see if that works.
  10. Jumpity Member

LOL. If you hit C the char does not even show up in the window...
  11. Feldon Well-Known Member

12. Gninja Developer

We are actively working on fixing the issue. ETA should be within an hour or so. Some are having some success by verifying they are using full download version and validating game assets but its not working for all. Hang in there!
  13. Nelenerap Member

ok. Running the full download and then validating game assets corrected the issue.
    Gninja likes this.
  14. Patrik D New Member

fixed my issue with an full download of the game again
  15. Grant1979 New Member

I can see my characters in character select, but when I am in the game i can't see my character or the npc's and lagging. I tried teleporting back to Qeynos and it sent me back to character select. So I logged back in and the same there. No crashes for me, just the ones i said.
  16. Jumpity Member

Fixed it here too... Still one should not have to redownload the entire 19Gig game after a bad patch, but at least it works now. The amount of ram use seems stable again too.
  17. Skpamd Active Member

It's bad enough they do an update and everything gets borked, but do they have to do it on Thursday's instead of doing it on Tuesday's like they use to? At least when they did updates on Tuesday's they had Wednesday and Thursday to fix their mess, which probably means they will bring it down tomorrow morning on a bloody Friday again.
  18. Bolbir Active Member

Just mousing over a spell to check what id does is getting packet loss then crashing to character select.
  19. Noctew Active Member

Thursday has always been EQ2s backup day for updates when they had to have two updates in a week or when they couldn't patch on Tuesday. In this case, they probably chose Thursday because of the company-wide maintenance today so they would not have to have two downtimes, or the patch just wasn't ready on Tuesday.

In any case, I cannot remember any case in 12 years where they had a game-breaking issue and did not try everything to resolve it before the weekend, and this time won't be an exception.
    Svenone and Prissetta like this.
  20. Tekka Well-Known Member

It was explained in the past, because of patch rotations, higher priority games were patched on Tuesdays, while lower priority/more stable games were patched on Thursdays. Typically Thursday was also the day Marketplace updates were done in EQ2.

Well, things certainly haven't become more stable in EQ2, so.