Pick Up Raid Polls

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Surgeon, Jan 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surgeon Active Member

You're a solo player, would you join pick up raids if they were announced beforehand?
    And you could sign up even 1 hour before raid.
    https://strawpoll.de/6ws5yb8

You're a group player, would you join pick up raids if they were announced beforehand?

https://strawpoll.de/bb1yrbd

If there was a pick up raid planner, would you use it, as Raidlead or Raidmember?
    https://strawpoll.de/68f2989

I'm interested, is it worth putting time and effort into extending my pick up raid tool?
    Dude, Ykysh and santargria like this.
  2. santargria Well-Known Member

I would like to raid - I've only been in a couple in eq 2 and a few in Vanguard before.

IMO the problem with raiding is it is so much different than simply grouping and of course more so from soloing.

Those of us who have soloed for whatever reason for so long, I think can seriously benefit from these types of raids as long as there aren't requirements that we are unable to meet.

Example: Getting resolve gear now is easy enough, but requiring best in slot items isn't going to happen for most of us.

I realize of course that main tanks/healers and what not do need to be top geared - it makes sense, even off tank and 2nd healer need to be geared well.

The rest of us I think if we were able to join in could gear up slowly using this method as you describe

Cudos for you for even thinking of it!
    Surgeon likes this.
  3. Brightlyz Active Member

With the dps required to make the new raids tolerable, absolutely not. Unless you add in a resolve/potency must be this high requirement lol.
  4. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Being a dps sk, no I would not. Too many just will not accept that, but they will accept a tank going along just to do damage... barely.
  5. Surgeon Active Member

That would be up for each raid lead to decide ofc.
    I could also add fields for min potency and resolve required/desired.
    If their raids would be filled will remain to be seen.

It's a tool for the communities to get together and also give players who don't want to commit to only certain guilds or days the chance to see raids and maybe also get some gear. It could also serve as a recruiting tool for established guilds to scout for new talents.

I thought about something like, create account, create raid lead profile or raider profile, or both.

As raid lead you're able to create new raids, set a time and date, a text field for rules, fields for potency and resolve required, where to meet, pick planned destinations or write them in a text field.
    Then pick desired setup template, imho there's only 1 that should be default, mt, ot, magedps, scoutdps.
    Idk if any raids require more than 2 tanks, I have not raided yet in KA.

Raiders could just browse raids for today and upcoming raids, click sign button for their class. When signed up comments could be posted.
    At first they would have to manually set resolve and potency in their character's profile, which would also have to be created after they create their raider profile. Later maybe eventually census could be queried for values to auto fill and update values.

An account has 1 raidleader profile, 1 raider profile.
    A raider profile has multiple character profiles.
    A character profile has name, class, resolve, cb, pot, abmod.

That's the base of it.

Up and downvotes of raid leads and raiders could become part of it, but I'm a bit uncertain, it's a 2 edged sword. It could be misused to harass people, which I wouldn't want to happen. If a player is good or bad, word of mouth would get around eventually anyway.

Blacklists for raid leaders (to blacklist players) could be a feature for later down the road.

@Meneltel, yeah I wouldn't :) Only if there really aren't enough dps classes signing up. At first out of the norm setups would not be considered, simply because it would take a lot more work to implement edge cases. Sign buttons would only be visible to the classes the raid lead defines in their setup. Personally I wouldn't want to show up and do 50m damage when another character in my place could do 200m. Keeping it simple at first. Maybe later.
  6. santargria Well-Known Member

Another section I would suggest in the raid sign ups is "Alternate" - in case the preferred doesn't show for what ever reason

Also, I would expect this would encompass various levels/areas/zones of raiding not just KA?

Just asking since I don't really know, are there usually prerequisite completions for a raid - like access quests or something? If there are, posting those in advance would help.

As far as black listing/up and down votes - I'm not really a fan and don't really see it as benefit. It also IMO is subjective. What I deem as an ok raid leader might be completely opposite what another would feel and vice versa.

After all, if you raid with someone and don't like their style just don't raid with them again. IMO the bad ones will eventually get weeded out anyway,

An example: I was in a Pick up raid in VG, and the raid leader started belittling players for various things - not doing enough damage, not healing fast enough etc. To me that was really uncalled for and rude and I never raided with them again.

An example:
  7. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Santagria, that video is NSFW, just to let you know.
  8. RadarX Community Manager

Afraid polling is against our forum guidelines. Closing this up!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.