Position not being properly tracked for Brigand positional CAs

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Spurn, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Spurn Member

Very odd issue in raid tonight with positional spells like Dispatch and Debilitate.

Some mobs had no back to attack at all. I could spin around them get closer, move away, whatever, and the back attacking spells could not be cast. Gouge (front only) could be cast from any position. Tank had aggro, mob clearly was not spinning with me, they just had no back to attack. Range anywhere from 0-4 anywhere around the mob made no difference (circle strafing still didn't find a back to attack) Various KA raid zones, lots of different mobs.

Switching to another mob in a group would sometimes allow me to back attack that mob, sometimes not. Sometimes, after a little while casting non-positional spells it would 'fix' itself, but not reliably. Very, very frustrating not to have access to a pile of CAs.

New issue tonight after the patch.
  2. VGScastaway Member

Confirmed in raid tonight with Masked Strike and Death Blow as well.
  3. Spurn Member

Awesome, I'm not insane. Felt like I was going insane...
  4. VGScastaway Member

That was for Assassin too, btw, but our Brig in raid also mentioned he was having the same problems with positionals. So yeah, it's real lol.
  5. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Yep having same issue
  6. Reevar Active Member

Also had issues tonight with positional attacks on BST. Bunch of mobs I could not get back attacks on but could get flanking.
  7. sinergy111 Member

It works just fine... If you target directly..
    OR you go behind the tank you are targeting and get your back attacks off on him ;)
    it would appear as if for determining whether you are behind or flanking is now determined by your target not the implied enemy.
  8. Karsa Active Member

yeah had some problems with back attack primals in raid last night
  9. Azian Well-Known Member

Lol, I didn't note the "get behind the tank" part but I did not have issues when I was direct targeting as you mentioned. Using the implied target was when the problems came up.
  10. Gunath New Member

Implied target works just fine if you are standing behind the tank. As a joke, my GL suggested standing behind the tank and as soon as I did, it worked just fine.
  11. Billzbub Active Member

I wonder if this is linked to why we all need strikethrough all of the sudden in KA. I wonder if they broke something earlier that made us use the tank's position when considering strikethrough, and when they went to fix it, broke backstabs instead.
  12. Spurn Member

Wait, what? What is this madness about needing strikethrough?
  13. Billzbub Active Member

Check your hit rates when you are behind the mob (which you can't do right now LOL), and you'll see that your hit rate is much lower than normal until you get your strikethrough up to 100. I don't know how this works for mages, but for scouts it is a thing.
  14. Spurn Member

Interesting. I'll do that - used to be that strikethrough was front-only, since mobs don't parry / block back attacks, so accuracy was more useful. Wonder if this is intentional or a glitch?
  15. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

It's still broken, can we get a fix on this?
  16. Shmogre Well-Known Member

A suggestion/observation from Mermut in another thread about this:
  17. Gunath New Member

Not that I am complaining, because I figured out what's what in about 10 minutes, but can we have some kind of feedback on this from a dev?
  18. Jamiss Developer

There is a fix in place and it should go out with the next update.
    Gunath and Shmogre like this.
  19. Billzbub Active Member

Jamiss, will it also fix the strikethrough issue where scouts have to have strikethrough even though they are behind a target? Or, is the strikethrough mechanic intended?
    ZUES likes this.
  20. Gunath New Member

Thank you Jamiss!!