I Think I Am Finally Sunsetting

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by rutro, Jan 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rutro Well-Known Member

It has been a good ride EQ2. I wish nothing but the best to the players and Staff of EQ2. I remember the glory days of walking off the docks of Antonica or having to work my way through the Commonlands. The days of Fallengate, Stormhold, and those under-conned mobs. Heck- I remember that you better not step into Rivervale unless you wanted those dogs to kill you. Anyway, I just cannot find it in my heart to sit back and watch this game become a game of selling loot rights in auction channel. I realize that grouping has been hit hard since ROK came out. However, there was always something that kept me playing. Now, I think the game is heading in the right direction but no one groups. I need to find a game that has forced grouping if that what it takes. There are those that like buying their loot and those that remember what an awesome game EQ2 used to be. I realize some like it as is-buying loot, fast travel, non- aggro mobs, no surprise drops, plat driven, and a dps dominated game. I hope you continue to enjoy this game. Godspeed to all...going to miss this game...the way it used to be. Peace
    Cyrrena and MikeySaysGo like this.
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Good luck. I hope you find a game that will fill your need. With Lanys's help, we will still be here and we will keep the halflings burning for you to find your way back if you decide to come back! *giggles as I lite yet another Halfling afire*
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Raff Well-Known Member

You'll be back. There is nothing even close out there.
    Xillean, Juraiya and Moonpanther like this.
  4. Lyyle Member

I'm with Raff. I've been playing since release and I've said similar words many times over the years... most recently when the company was sold. Each time I say "I'm outta here" and start the search for a replacement. Once I simply quit playing online games altogether. I can tell you there is nothing out there.

For all it's shortcomings there is no game that is any better *overall* than this one. There are several articles that talk about this phenomena, most agreeing that the golden age of MMORPGs is over. They think that it's simply too expensive and risky to attempt anything like EQ2. Based on what I've found, I feel this might be true. The new games feel skimpy, fleshless and greedy.

My advice is to play the game your way, don't just accept what's before you. Most of your arguments sound like simple play-style conflicts that could be resolved with a little effort and imagination.
  5. Tekka Well-Known Member

That's a sort of true statement - there are a LOT of games that EQ2 isn't even close to anymore, where it used to lead the pack. It hasn't advanced or updated in years, just rehashed the same old, let alone innovated.

Housing? At least two games equivalent and surpassing with more on the way.
    Yearly Holidays and Recurring Events? At least two games have comparable downtime activities.

Those are three different games, and just those two criteria (which are top of my list). Those games also have active pve, raid, and role play communities. Overall there are several other games that offer a comparable experience that is more stable, and less costly. And lets not pretend the EQ2 model isn't just as greedy, in some cases moreso, than other games.

Norrath has been my Homeworld since I started EQ in 2000, and continued on launch day of EQ2. Sure I've gone to visit other games, and sometimes I stayed a while, but Norrath was always my home, and I've always come back.

This isn't the Norrath I grew up in, and hasn't been for a while I suppose. I log in for my friends, I don't log in to play.
    Alenna, Feldon, Kojacke and 2 others like this.
  6. Conifur Well-Known Member

It is a QVC mini game.
  7. Healsu Active Member

If you don't like the way the new game is going and don't get me wrong there are a lot of mistakes DBG has made over the last year in gear and OP stuff you can always go back to the glory days an play TLE until the game goes in the direction you want.
  8. harvash Active Member

I will jump on board with another popular viewpoint - Why does it matter if people SLR. Also, I see LFG and LFM in general all day, everyday. The number of "I am quitting, here's my stuff" posts is becoming tedious. If the game isn't a fit for you, fine, move on - but what exactly are you trying to achieve by telling others (most of whom couldn't give a ratonga's **** what you do)?
    Siren likes this.
  9. Stach Well-Known Member

Which games are these? I am kind of looking for a game and have yet to find one. Please put the names, I would like to give them a try
  10. RadarX Community Manager

A bit off topic so closing it up!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.