Epic 2.0 = Fake content

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by matack, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anaiul Member

Why would you not have a 100 crafter? The KA TS sig line cloak and Twark port dolly should be reason enough.

You're not doing yourself any favors by settling for a solo/heroic cloak.
    Mermut likes this.
  2. Magic Missiles Active Member

Because i absolutely hate crafting. And i resent the fact that DBG is forcing us to do crafting for an adventure item. BGs are closer to adventure, so why not have everyone get a top tier PVP cloak for the epic? That would make a lot more sense to me.

As it is the feeling i get from this expansion is DBG wants to get away with laying off developers and slowing the player base so new content can be greatly reduced and left to one or two part-time workers.
    Tharrakor, Snikkety and Chimay like this.
  3. Ellimist Active Member

You don't have to do the content grey. I did the faction for bastion at 90 so I could get chests and maybe some books etc for crafting.

If you are doing timeline strip off and do them at level. Guaranteed you will probably wipe everything still with no gear on but it will at least take more than 2 seconds.
    Shmogre likes this.
  4. Chimay Active Member

I have 6 level 100 crafters. My main is not a level 100 crafter. Why? Because he never needed to be until someone arbitrarily required it in a 14 year old game this expac.
    Alenna and Tharrakor like this.
  5. Chimay Active Member

I did it at 90 and the exp was still pathetic for the time sink.
  6. Conifur Well-Known Member

Boring, repetitive quest to build faction that has had zero impact on the progression of your character up to the point or in the current zone expansion is not difficult. Having to do boring, repetitive quest that 4 years ago you did on your other main but now have have to redo on your current main to progress current content is not difficult. Boring, repetitive quest that offer zero difficulty because of their lack of strategic vision on stat inflation is not difficult. Making you travel all over the globe (unlike Epic 1.0 which was contained in the new expansion ZONES) because the last expansion was one zone is not difficult. Making you artificially wait for your 1 million Ascension exp per day to level you to the levels you need to start, progress and complete your epic is not difficult. Please, don't say it is difficult because it is not - it is a time sink made by them to cover the fact they put out very little content.
    learpilot74, Alenna and Tekka like this.
  7. Rainmare Well-Known Member

the Epic 2 is only required for the highest of the high end of raiding, T4. so it's not required for most of the raiding game at least.
  8. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

They aren't really pulling together. We all handle things using the same people who log on at the same time everyday. There is no community on Antonia Bayle, it is a complete back fire. People are killing themselves to leave. Hardly anyone does anything on the server at all.

On topic though, yes it is ridiculous, to have to go back an do grey content, force people who don't craft to craft, and do this in massive amounts. It is exactly what was said, a block off of the game to slow it down.
    learpilot74, Tharrakor and Mizgamer62 like this.
  9. Revel Well-Known Member

Absolutely pointless timesink and its clear EQ2 is in pure "milk the players until the game closes" mode. If you already had All the factions the first Mage quest would only take an hour to complete with 0 challenge. Pointless grey quest and mob grinding isn't challenge.
    Conifur and Tharrakor like this.
  10. knine Well-Known Member

If they wanted us to go back and get some faction then sure, but you require you to get 50k faction on ones that are 6 years old, its crazy. Nothing so far for the epic quest lines have included new content, just old stuff. With that being said we don't have the end results, and honestly I don't even think they have them done yet as they still have at least a month to figure that part out. How about alts, yes that is our choice, but man some people have 10 plus alts, just so they can easily swap for a group or guild to allow other people in and now we're going to have to grind 50K on those. I think once the devs actually complete the epic, then they will come back and look at reducing the faction requirement, at least one could hope.
    Febrith and Conifur like this.
  11. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

The thingie with the epic 2.0...

Yes I too see some senseless grind here. From my point of view it should have started where we stopped our epic 1.5. Somewhere there form the level range, and not lower.

Else for those who say "Epic 2.0 is only for top tier raiders!!!!1111oneoneeleven"

The Epic weapon for me is a part of the character I play. So a Ranger has to have his epic bow, Tank his epic sword/axe/hammer/shield, etc... It's part of the toon. Else you could try throwing 2 handers with your scout as ranged weapon...

I really feel with the devs. I am still thankfull for Kander and Gninja who on their holiday logged on to fix the Ranger Epic step. Really Awesome!

And for the whole faction grind stuff. There should be some new quests, that let you get up to speed after max 5-10 runs. Depending on your faction you got right now. This as far as I care for grey factions. Factions that still are in the level 95+ range just keep it as it is, with removed timers for repeatable faction grind quests.

Include zones and quests/signatures from the last 3-5 expansions, but really not the whole game from start.

For my part I'm stuck in Highkeep with my ranger right now, trying to finish the HQ there... camped there for 6+ hours with no undead warden to be seen. There were several players looking and asking the whole time. That is a no go for me. I right now need dumb luck to find it on track and get the key to the jail. Until then, I'm stuck and can't go on.
    barcevik likes this.
  12. Meneltel Well-Known Member

\]

I have a 96 woodworker ranger at 100 but I never play her, I get to play my main with my guild, a 100 SK who does dps (kinda) and is like 32 jewelcrafting. I got her a level in that the other day and my GL asked if I was sick *laughs* since it was SOOO long since I did ANY crafting on her. So no, I don't have a 100 crafter at all. Zip, zilch, and not so bored, but I'm burned out on questing so ill finish KA eventually. Did the sig line, but I still need 5 more quests in KA and so I have to figure them out and do them, one day. Epic 2.0? Perhaps, but I fear EQ2 will be sunsetted before I get it...
  13. Montag Well-Known Member

I agree that its way too grindy, but I probably WOULD have done it anyway, if not for being forced to do trade skills.
  14. Wurm Well-Known Member

No one moaned about anything. But if you think making something visible only if you are in a certain stance (and he on purposely took the stance hardly anyone uses in heroics anymore) is OK then please tell me you do not work in game design. Or if you do, which studio so I can avoid your games like the plague.
    Conifur likes this.
  15. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Alltho if you think about it he's right. This Will be the most challenging quest ive ever done in any game just because it will take all my willpower and then some to force myself through all the trivial, boring, out leveled timesinks.

I absolutely think they should do this. They forced tradeskilling on everyone, force PVP on everyone too. That's atleast somewhat "challenging".
    Tattoo and Conifur like this.
  16. RadarX Community Manager

As this has run in the direction of an existing thread I'm going to close this and ask you help us consolidate feedback on this topic.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.