PQ Damage Problem (bug?)

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Ezoo, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Ezoo Member

There seem to be a bug in the PQ's (JW, Fens, OB) that makes most DPS
    skills fail to do damage.

ACT parse of raid shows the bulk of the damage to mobs is from
    "shadows mirror image", "victorous concerto", and soulburn -- almost nothing else.
  2. Gninja Developer

The reduction in damage to PQ mobs is intended. We are adjusting the hitpoints to compensate in tomorrow morning's update (1/6)
  3. Andric Member

think this is a ridiculous idea. without classes that can hit it its pretty much a loss from boredom. max hit as a scout was 12m crit from caustic poison. No other ability hit for over 600k including ascension abilities and I was 4th on parse at 2.2m dps

3 necros thankfully helped to kill it with soulburns upto 1.5 billion,

This IS NOT FUN OR BALANCED
    Brightlyz likes this.
  4. Udonn Active Member

This is still broken. Thought it was supposed to be fixed this morning. Strange though; I just downloaded ACT, and it shows my damage on both the named and the adds at less than 10% the damage my spells say, and everyone was a crit. I can understand the named being low with the damage reduction from the adds, but even the adds were not getting hit by much. Something seriously wrong with this. Oh, and this was Fens btw.

Example: Arcane Bewilderment on an add, legendary crit, 8,521 damage hit. Spell desc says 572k-937k
    Theorems on an add, fabled crit, 9867 damage. Spell desc says 434k-513k
    UV Beam on an add, legendary crit, 4702 damage. Spell desc says 361k-463k
  5. Udonn Active Member

Apan, I was on the same PQ as you. Take a look at the parse. I don't know why, but it shows your Unda hitting mercs, yet mine does not. Your damage is low also, even on adds.
  6. Chrol Developer

Both Jaled Dar's Shade and The Iksar Hero will have their hitpoints greatly reduced with the next hotfix.
    Shmogre, Dude and Cragfire like this.
  7. Wurm Well-Known Member

Horrah? Its the trash causing the most problems... its great that the fens Trash spawns under the ground most of the time... I guess.
  8. Chrol Developer

Will also be fixed.
    Shmogre likes this.
  9. Apan Member

I was running around bringing the sentry's back to the raid,but thanks for pointing out my dps on forums
  10. Udonn Active Member

Wasn't just yours, it was everyone's. Just showing there is something wrong with that encounter. Our spells are hitting for drastically less than the tooltips even with 100% crit. I understand it on the named, with the damage reduction buff, but I don't understand it on the adds, or why Unda is hitting mercs.
  11. Apan Member

OK I see what your saying now after looking at ACT.
    Seems there is a bug
  12. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

the mobs have a bazillion combat mitigation running... that's why the damage is so low.

This is what my scout ability tells me...
  13. Moorefallen Active Member

As a Necro i absolutely destroy the fens PQ ( which is the way it should be;) ) but the JW PQ I am unable to cast Soul burn or life burn ( This Makes me a sad Necro :() So i send hordes of undead to their demise ( because they do zero dmg as well) but at least it gives me great pleasure. :D guess what I am trying to say is fix something? (I should state that in no way does fix something mean Nerf the necro.:cool: )
  14. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

inb4 shadows / vc and necro spells are "adjusted down" - just like all the other class defining abilities.

rather than point out "hey someone's X spell is hitting harder than mine" take a look at your own act and make a post that says "my daggerstorm is not doing any damage"... otherwise, you're just giving up the goose, and the next hotpatch will include adjustments to the point where /no/ abilities do any serious damage - and the PQ's will just fail due to timeouts.
    gg
  15. Caela Well-Known Member

Hubby and I did our first Fens PQ just the other day. After I looked at the parse. I was 5th, which I thought was pretty good considering A) I didn't know what the heck I was doing, and B) I have mostly last expansion gear with a few quested or AS dropped pieces.

I told hubby the top 4 on the parse were all necros. He recently used the lvl 100 coin to boost a baby necro. So now he's trying to play it. He's going to be disappointed to learn that the encounter was stacked in the necro's (and maybe summoners in general) favor. :D
    Moorefallen likes this.
  16. Iglu Active Member

The problem with the JW PQ is that you cannot generate hate/threat on the statue and that is a prereq for life burn and soulburn. Not sure I want that changed :)
    Moorefallen likes this.