Please clarify this particular patch note

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sennen, Jan 4, 2017.

1. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

I know the content. And so do the devs. You wanna tell me they didn't know about these items before KA even launched. It was obvious long before they attempted to lower the damage with mob mit. Why do you think that mit even showed up? Was it because the average player needed long duration heroic fights? Not likely. Point I am making is that they added something to compensate for the damage in KA, which tells me they knew it was out of proportion. Imagine how KA would have started without mob mit. Would the entire expansion have been cleared in a month? I look at the progression page frequently and I would argue that it would or be really close.
    Whiomaju likes this.
  2. RadarX Community Manager

First, let's please keep feedback on topic and constructive. Any concerns on that, PM me.

Folks this was a necessary balance change the team needed to make, and at this point they are actively watching your feedback along with pertinent data. Please take the next few days to jump in and try things out and provide us your feedback on the overall impact.
    Siren, Xillean, -Soteria- and 3 others like this.
  3. sc0820 Member

Radar, with all due respect, -400% is not an "adjustment" its obsolescence. I'm playing this thing and it procs after my first cast so it resets my intial debuff, and that's it for the entire fight. You're talking about one of if not THE most sought after thing in the game, and CURRENTLY. I got this thing a couple of weeks ago working 7 days a week 12 hours a day on it and i was finally able to compete on raid parses.
    and you nerf it 400%? come on man, that's ludicrous and incredibly disrespectful to the people who worked and are working to acquire these.
    Anoxia, Whiomaju and Darly like this.
  4. Xsarinx Member

Just completed 10 heroic/heroic event zones. The majority of the swarm pet damage is at 0% now in the zone wide parse. They are now worthless casting fillers. As to the Eth rune nerf - the majority of my spells have a 30 second to 1.5 minute cool down (that were subject to the limited reset capabilities of the Eth rune). I estimate I've lost between 75-100m DPS at a glance on the parse but I'll have to spend some time with the ACT logs after tonight's raid comparing it to our last pre-nerf raid. On a personal note - it's insulting to me personally that I spent day after day first trying to get the rune from Kralet contested and then grinding heroic zones when the Eth event went live to get the three Eth weapons runes. So the benefit of all those hours of playtime have just gone down the drain for the one. I disagree that this was a necessary balance change, but at the end of the day it is what it is. We'll either figure out a way to deal with it or not.
    VGScastaway likes this.
  5. lavivar New Member

I am really upset about this nerfing to the point to start thinking about leaving the game. As my warlock could take any more nerfing...
    It seems to me that the company is once again punishing the loyal and devoted players and is giving in to the moaning of a few that show up only at the beginning of each expansion. I and most loyal players worked hard to get that rune for months, keeping the community alive and kicking during summer. Where were those players that don't have it ? The Ethereals were on for months and I got it on a few alts too. The hammer, on the other hand is not the result of hard work but pure luck, like winning the lottery for example.
    Our only hope to compete ( not on equal terms though) with assassins and BL was the rune and working harder. Now that is gone too.
    Give me a reason to stay.
    Whiomaju and Darly like this.
  6. Malleria Well-Known Member

What's funny is all the complaining about not being able to compete is coming from both sides. Mages won't be able to compete with Scout dps, and Scouts won't be able to compete with Mage dps! Which is it guys? They can't both be true, and I suspect neither is. Just give it a week and see how it goes.
    Febrith and -Soteria- like this.
  7. Darchon6 Member

Personally, I feel that the mythical hammer is the only item which required adjusting. As an effect which applies to both beneficial and hostile abilities while granting 100 fervor, it was significantly more powerful than the reset runes for all classes. Ethereal onslaught, divinity, and conduit, on the other hand, have been in the game since the summer event during Altar of Malice, so it baffles me to see them adjusted now.

I, just like many other players, sank a significant amount of time and platinum into the acquisition of these runes, therefore I'm disheartened to see the usefulness negated to such an extent - the reduction was overkill.
    Whiomaju, Darly, Regolas and 2 others like this.
  8. wazul Active Member

fix FB and less suffer for wizard. FB broken from age but nobody take care. (see daray post in class subforum) the calculation return sometime only 3 or 4%
    Malleria likes this.
  9. sc0820 Member

Honestly, you have taken something from me that i have worked so hard for in current content, that there is no way in hell that i am going any further with this game in its current level of instability. How can i trust that if i put in 200 more hours on something else that you wont kill it the next week?

As a 6-8 month returning player that committed to attempt to be top tier and invest my time and money, ALOT of time and money, i am shocked at the lack of care that goes into your decisions vs our time and effort. So careless its truly unbelievable.
    If i want to get mugged i can go alot of other places other than EQ2 to get jacked.

Sorry but i feel totally robbed of my time and money, especially as one who had recently acquired the item the hard way.... so incredibly incompetent of you guys to leave that out there like that and kill it with no warning. just a small note in the middle of an update patch. Oh hey, btw we are gutting your BIS item ethereals that cost you weeks of your life last month. no big deal.
  10. Nkito Well-Known Member

I have nothing new to add to the conversation but just want to agree with a few things. 30 sec reset has always been a bad idea, it negates any balance that is achieved by different spell/ca reuse times. Also agree that its been in game a long time, and certain classes that benefit the most from this rune (big hitters on longer timers that also align with fervor rune) are now taking a significant nerf. As long as the end goal is balance and classes continue to be adjusted after this change it will be ok.

I am not sure why stuff has to go from must have to borderline non-equippable like this. Im looking at my abilities, none of them take 120sec to refresh so this rune is just a hit or miss reset that depends on script timing and how early in the fight the first proc triggers (usually the first one is too early to be of use, as others have said). 60sec would have been a better timer, it will still reset reliably but tone down the overpowered nature of the thing. Right now I feel like a full time 32cb from magnitude will be less frustrating than this highly unreliable reset.
  11. Konc3pt Active Member

they need to remove the reset effect entirely from the game.
    Patrik D and Tharrakor like this.
  12. Vogie Active Member

In a sense they've just made the Hammer MORE desirable by all classes and made the reset rune obsolete . . . lol?
    Kraeref and -Soteria- like this.
  13. Arieva Well-Known Member

I dont initially have a problem with the concept behind the change to resets. And for the record I do have a hammer. It was fun while it lasted.

what I do have a problem with is that to me it feels like content was balanced around having these effects. DBG do you realise how many average or outright bad players there are in this game? Call them casual if you want but Im going to go ahead and call a spade a spade. Before today there were tons of dps classes running around struggling to break 100 mil in heroic zones. And many of those had the reset rune equipped. Do you have any idea how slow these zones are with those ppl in group? Now it will be 2x as bad.

Another example...while helping a priest on the epic 2.0 named troll trio update i witnessed an assassin with a hammer and all ethereal runes pull maybe 170 mil. I think by the end of the already 10-15 min fight an illy with old class cloak edged him out on parse. This particular group wiped several times on the encounter...after today i have serious doubts that same group could even kill it.

I also have to voice my extremely strong objection to further reducing swarm pet damage at the same time as removing resets. I have a feeling with resets removed most would find swarms to be right about where they needed to be or even in need of a bit of buffing....but now we wont know because you impulsively hit them with the nerfbat...again. A week or two should have been given to see if they were in need of further adjustment. Please remember that swarms while globally hated for lag reasons are the summoners primary source of spike damage aside from EB which necros dont have. They are supposed to be big hitters for us FFS.
    Anoxia likes this.
  14. sc0820 Member

You can't make weak men strong by making strong men weak.
    Darly likes this.
  15. Ashandra Well-Known Member

So why was it done now people spent time and money it should have been done at the start of an expansion classes have been balanced off these items I mean you have changed my class abilities so many times getting frustrated.
  16. Malleria Well-Known Member

You also can't give one guy a machine gun and another a pocket knife and send them into the same battle :)
    Keletin and Tharrakor like this.
  17. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

The runes need adjustment. They need to be faded out, for far too long have everything revolved around these. Items should not be Carried from xpac to xpac as best in slot especially not while remaining almost impossible to get now. When i looted my Ethereal bow in AoM i was sure it would be faded out in ToT just like they always do. Two xpacs later, in KA i still cant switch it out. Its long overdue folks. Nobody likes getting nerfed but its a global nerf affecting everyone who played during event. You can argue about wich class takes the biggest hit from this but thats a seperate issue because no class should be balanced with a rune. Ravaging needs to be hammered aswell and THEN they can look at class balance.

Wizard got an AoE boost, they needed singletarget boost but ok Fusion is high dmg and resetable by prestige so not too bad of a boost.

Summoner swarm pet dmg nerf make no sense to me whatsoever, interested in knowing the reasoning behind this
  18. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Balancing what with what though? Players vs. Encounters or Mages vs Scouts?
  19. sc0820 Member

nobody GAVE anybody anything, so to your point about bringing a knife to a gun fight...by all means. perfect example
    Whiomaju likes this.
  20. sc0820 Member

BS
    then it should have been nerfed at release because alot of people that didnt have them, going after BIS is a priority always, and people have, UP UNTIL YESTERDAY, been working their a#$%^s off to acquire them. so im happy you had yours for 2 years, but that doesnt mean jack sht to the people who just killed themselves to get them, and it's not like they replaced it with something better, which is usually the way you work things out of the game. You offer upgrades.