Mount Request: Anashti Sul's Familiar

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mogrim, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Can we get Rallos Zeks deity pet as a flying mount next? :p
  2. Tsurupettan Active Member

Can I get a Matri Dut mount next? She's big enough for piggy back rides!
  3. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Was this thing of beauty your handiwork? Cause I am pretty sure it was. Cause you've always found ways to put in that little extra work to make peeps happy!
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  4. Morrdredd Member

she is a beauty
    ttobey likes this.
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Depends on your frame of reference. If you're talking "suggestive," then I refer you to the market place. Check out the "Dangersilk or Whispersilk" outfits.
  6. Jumbled Member

The variety of clothing styles in this game, as compared to others I've seen, is dismal. There's only ONE basic style of civilian dress, which looks like an old Victorian house dress. The only difference between them is the color. There's one style for a "fancy" dress, which is as "suggestive" as I think you're ever get in this game, other than the whispersilk style (which again is just ONE style in different colors). The fancy dress I'm speaking of is like the formal dress "status item" you can find on the city merchant, or the purple artisan's dress you get as a crafting quest reward, with basically a drape down behind you and a tiny sliver of fabric in front. They have them on city festival merchants, as well, in different colors. The whispersilk thing is like a strapless body suit, which is no more "suggestive" than a leotard. And then there's the armor sets.

I know there are other designs on the marketplace, plus a few specialty items you can find if you're a crafter (i.e. the Thurgadin clothing for tailors), but generally it's all recycled wireframes using different color patterns. The overall selection is virtually the same within any genre (leather vs plate vs chain...etc.), where the only real difference is the color "skin" used to make it look different from all the rest. There are very few exceptions to this pattern from what I've seen.

Compare this to other games where you actually DO see variations of styles in how the armor or clothing fits the body, either partial or full coverage, and very often offering a bit of flare for the fashion enthusiast. In some cases, you can also custom color your clothes, so you don't simply look like a clone of the guy standing next to you.

Granted, this is a family game, but MOST of the people I see online are certainly old enough to handle a little skin. Who knows, you might even attract a few more regular players if you involve a little S.E.X. into the equation. It does sell, after all.
  7. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Quite frankly, it's nice to have a game where there aren't hoards of guys driveing around slutty looking toons. You can't so much as turn on a tv without feeling like it'll give you an STD any more. I'm sick nearly to death of it.
    Don't even get me started on how idiotic some game's creators are, forceing female toons to wear metal lingerie to tank in. Just makes me want to bash some heads.
    Let us maintain one place we can relax and not have base animal instincts thrust in our faces just because sex supposefly sells, please? If you absolutaly MUST have sexual objectification while playing EQ2 there is the in- game browser or background tabs where you can find any images you like to tickle your animal instincts.
    Lateana likes this.
  8. Fleurs Active Member

What is dislike is that all long skirt in EQ2 show the legs up to the waist, why can't we have real skirt that go down to the feet, and cover the leg completely.
    Griffon Lady and Lateana like this.
  9. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Breathe, its just a game. Its just for fun. Id love a mankini on a male halfling. Please DBG?
  10. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

What does it look like?
  11. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Yep! and thanks.
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  12. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

What's it look like?
  13. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I want a Lanys deity mount. IT looks like either Firona Vie or Tunare in chains, or... perhaps a cute male high elf? Not sure. Just a suggestion... :D
  14. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I put /sleep in the emotes already. Holly will fire me if I put in /mount
    Errrorr and Shmogre like this.
  15. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Hmmm how to bribe or blackmail her... ill ponder that for a bit...
  16. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Like a very tiny thundering steppes giant ;)
  17. Jumbled Member

I can certainly understand your statement, and I know of a good few examples to point fingers at in other games. But still, offering a little variety couldn't hurt for those of us who actually do like to make a fashion statement while clobbering orcs. I'm not necessarily saying we'll all run around in our skimpies, but let's face it, you might wear more appealing material when going out to walk the dog, to say nothing of going to the beach or working out in the gym. Surely they can offer a little more attractive wear for both male and female other than to rehash the same old stuff in a new color. Either that, or allow us some customization to our colors.

It might simply be eye candy, but for some of us, our eyes NEED candy. I'm certainly not attracted to seeing filthy orcs and goblins all day, and while most of these ugly mugs might need a good pummeling for their lack of personal hygiene and poor choice of loincloths, I want mine to set the standards for how it ought to be done. ;) I believe you can look good with or without any skin showing, and you also need to consider if there is any "cultural' influence involved. For instance, maybe someone actually DOES go out in a chainmail bikini and come home without a scratch on her. o_O

Besides, if an ogre, of all things, (like in Cobalt Scar) can talk about building a force field generator to protect their outpost up there, I think we've moved a little beyond that "medieval" aspect of things. Whoever it was that designed that particular scenario must've been a Star Wars reject trying to relive the moment. We have airplanes, dimensional travel, robots, and other sci-fi stuff in a world that doesn't even have electricity or hot & cold running water in your home, yet we're made to wear bulky plate that comes in only one style.
  18. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

You think you need eye candy in the form of bikinis? Need? o.0 Put all the scantily clad bimbos you want on your desk if you like, but I truly hope this game remains tasteful. And no, no one that ever went into battle in a string bikini came home without a scratch. -.- They'd be dead in the first 5 seconds of battle. Kinda sux when appearance is more important than anything just because some testosterone poisoned dudes "need" their jollies. I quit the last game that only had **** gear available for female toons.
    I love how misused the word "need" is these days... it's used in the place of "want" so often... Might be that "Cultural" influence where every woman is "supposed" to look like a **** star because that's what media taught guys to expect and be entitled to? None of them seem to realize they are being manipulated, being dragged along by their hormones. They seems to enjoy it and , as in this case, request it.

And no, the people who designed the game were not "star wars rejects" as you put it. There are people in the world who like medieval settings and are more interested in a good game than eye candy. People were attracted here without it. This game has the highest percentage of female players, many families, and would certainly lose more players than it gains if it gets to the point where it just feels disrespectful to women like some other games Conan, for instance. That POS fell flat on it's face. It had topless female characters and every thing.) Isn't general chat channel bad enough?
    What airplanes? o.0 There is one cool ship/dirigible and some small personal dirigibles.
  19. Kielex Well-Known Member

Well we finally got the mount lol
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  20. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Aye! One of the most geourgeous bits of artwork in the game from my point of view. :)