Is tithe the end of the game?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by sunshine, Dec 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yards Well-Known Member

Rainmare, if people come back and are so behind that they just quit again, if new players come in and find it impossible to catch up that they just play another game. That is when this game will die, we need people to come back, we need new players, to keep the game running. There will come a time when veteren players have well over 50 tithe or even capped tithe, and new/returning players have close to no tithe. The time it would take to close the gap would make me quit if i were them.
  2. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

This is just so wrong! Lets assume both players know how to click the icons in the hotbars and Assassin A has ethereal runes and 20k potency whilst Assassin B has no ethereal runes and 15K potency but both have nearly the same gear. Are you going to try to convince me that Assassin B can in any way compete with Assassin A? Even If Assassin B has 10 years of experience with his class and Assassin A has only a weeks experience (but still somehow got the tithe :p) he will get stomped and humiliated. It has basically nothing to do with skill anymore. Its about who played during summer!
  3. KythosMeltdown Active Member

brb gonna go boost an assassin and do 800mil dps as soon as i get into KA. /s

do you even play this game? You could not be more wrong if you tried.
  4. Kielex Well-Known Member

I just suggested to add ethereal runes to the city of nye merchant. Next time you can @me. :)
  5. Jachin Active Member

Do you even play this game?
  6. Jachin Active Member

Dang it, didn't see your post before posting mine :p
    KythosMeltdown likes this.
  7. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I got enough coins for one ethereal item over the summer, but that's because I refuse to tank for PuGs. My guild did about one or two runs a week in that time but I don't feel gipped or deprived. In the guild, we bring the person, not the gear. ACT is for self only, for your own improvements, not shown in party or guild chat for bragging rights. As long as the boss dies and we don't, that's what important (that and maybe not getting more monk/bruiser gear to drop yet again!). However, our way is not the way many wish to play. I just hope we can come to a middle ground where all are unhappy but accept it.
  8. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

At this point in the game you are either with DBG or against them. If you are for them you want to give opinions and feedback to help boost the population of the game. The opposite for those against. This isn't about what is right or wrong. It's more about how much do you want to give opportunities to boost our population again. Obviously you can't give them everything because the players who never left would consider leaving. Small things like this that still require people to work for it doesn't bother me in the slightest. They will still be grinding, especially those like me who have umpteen million alts. The other thing as a raider I always consider is FoTM classes. We have all been here long enough to know about this. I shouldn't need to go any further into that issue with this tithe thing. You can take pressure off the bottom while keeping it on the top. There needs to be some give somewhere....
    KythosMeltdown likes this.
  9. EQ_Jack Active Member

dbg does seem to focus at times only on the long term player and i get that..they should. yet they also have responsibility to new and returning players too and i suspect they are thinking about this, for new players there is so much to do and see. for returning players ya it is a slightly different story theree still is much to see and do, yet to catch up with the continuous long term friends might be a challenge. but is the end goal to catch up? i dont think so. i think with a little patience and play time anyone can get back into the game. my 2 cents anyway.
  10. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Anyone can get back into the game, but if you want to be on cutting edge or even able to do PuGs and not get constantly ridiculed... well, that's a different story. That's where the problem lies. Between the haves (and grinders) and the have not (unable to grind).
  11. RadarX Community Manager

This thread has been a rollercoaster of discussion, insults, and forum guideline violations. We do need to close it at this point. Thank you for all the feedback!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.